N-Europe

General Chit Chat

This is the place to chat about anything!

13157 topics in this forum

1. Ugly Betty

• 11 replies
    • 1k views
  2. Customer service

• 13 replies
    • 1.1k views
  3. Grandma's House 1 2

• 39 replies
    • 2.8k views
  4. Invader Zim

• 6 replies
    • 1.5k views
    • 3 replies
    • 9 replies
    • 25 replies
    • 2.3k views
    • 6 replies
  5. HTML help

• 7 replies
    • 1.2k views
    • 42 replies
    • 3.4k views
  6. Film Club - Notes on a Scandal

• 2 replies
  7. Mafia Drive 1 2

• 45 replies
    • 2.3k views
    • 18 replies
    • 1.5k views
  8. The Truth Behind Ducks

• 19 replies
    • 1.8k views
    • 38 replies
    • 2.6k views
    • 257 replies
    • 13.3k views
  9. Studio Ghibli 1 2 3

• 50 replies
    • 4.2k views
  10. Songs You Hate Liking

• 14 replies
    • 1.1k views
    • 42 replies
    • 3.3k views
    • 30 replies
    • 3.2k views
    • 56 replies
    • 5.4k views
  11. Help Buying a Netbook

• 12 replies
    • 1.4k views
  12. I have a baby! (Thread Rip) 1 2

• 31 replies
    • 2.4k views
  13. Pokemon Fusion 1 2

• 40 replies
    • 4.2k views
    • 93 replies
    • 8.7k views
1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!

• Upcoming Events

No upcoming events found
    • Insane that they had the balls to do this. The numbers must have been absolutely dire.
    • Blooming ‘eck! I wasn’t expecting Sony to actually listen to me! Probably should do the same with Fairgame Dollar Sign before it’s too late as well. Then dump Bungie, end this failed GAAS initiative and double down on the actual strengths of your development studios.  High quality single player focused titles. Pray that Astro Bot does well, because that is exactly the kind of game that PlayStation should be making as a platform holder!
    • It's definitely an odd one, and I think is really just another example of PlayStation not understanding this GAAS market they've seemed so desperate to break into. I can't imagine that anyone with their head screwed on even slightly at Firewalk would've thought that the way this game was being released and marketed was a strong sell.  Funnily enough, I was listening to a podcast just earlier day from Easy Allies all the way back from April 2016 and they were talking about Paragon, and obviously at the time of recording this being not too far out from Overwatch's release at the time, they rightly said the pitch just wasn't enough of a differentiator from other MOBAs like Overwatch, which did do such a strong job in gameplay but also how easily readable those differences were to people who had only seen gameplay and not got their hands on the game. I think it's applicable here too: these games simply aren't for me and a lot of other people - and I'd argue that the people that it is for are probably already off fully cemented in some other such game anyways - but from the outside looking in, I just don't think that it did a good enough job of showcasing why it was different and, to quote Ben Moore from EZA [again, 2016, talking about Paragon], "you are justifying your existence to me"; it might be incredibly reductive and unfair to the devs to say this, but the general audience reaction when this turned up was "oh, hey, PlayStation are trying to make Overwatch", and so I'm not at all surprised that things have gone the way they have.  That the game is then a paid-for product and not free-to-play when Overwatch 2 is? It's asking for trouble. And again, I'm not really convinced that was Firewalk's call to make. I mean, just look at PUBG - it's maybe still a pretty big game these days, but Fortnite dwarfed it in so many ways with its Battle Royale and how it evolved and adapted so quickly, but a very strong and compelling reason for that was the fact that it was F2P whereas PUBG was not. Hell, I'm pretty sure that to this day PUBG is still paid-for?  I'm very interested to see what PlayStation's take away is from this year, if there even is one.  I'm a little scared for Astro Bot, because some corners of the internet are treating it like the game and poster child which is going to make a statement and singlehandedly force PlayStation's hand to rethink their stance on Japanese studios and smaller games, but it's been a year with a monumental GAAS success in the form of Helldivers 2 which absolutely no-one saw coming, and the unfortunately disappointing reception to and sales of Concord. It has been a very light year for PlayStation otherwise, with no major AAA effort from their own studios - Stellar Blade and Rise of the Ronin being published partnerships on their end - besides The Last of Us Part II Remastered at the very start of the year, to the point I'm honestly not really sure what PlayStation is supposed to take away from this year when it comes to SIE published games? Besides the already widely agreed upon "man, this GAAS initiative needs another look and some serious consideration"? 
    • It's a really good game, but people decided it was doomed from the beginning. What a weird situation.
    • An important update on Concord from Firewalk Studios The game is going offline September 6th while they figure things out, sales to cease immediately and full refunds will be offered for the game.  Holy damn.  Assuming that this doesn't mean Firewalk gets straight up closed by PlayStation, I'm guessing this means a transition to free-to-play and microtransactions?
  • Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
      1.9m