Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

I'm Going to Mauritius...Oh and Proposing over there

Murr

Well work will be frantic today from 9am till end of play, and I won't get a chance to come on here tomorrow, so figure I'd let my lovely N-Europe friends know.

Tomorrow I shall be heading to Mauritius for 2 weeks. We're staying in my dad's apartment over there. Going with my parents, a close friend of mine and his girlfriend and their daughter, and my girlfriend.

It's a 12 hour flight but I've found out the in flight films are going to be Green Lantern, Captain America, Zoo keeper, Smurfs & Monte Carlo.

So alot to keep me entertained, well excluding Zoo keeper.

And yes. While over there I'm going to propose to my girlfriend.

I spoke to her father on Monday and did the whole asking for his blessing, he had no hesitations, he then called my girlfriends mum into the dining room and repeated what I had said, and she literally jumped out of her seat to hug me, so that was a good sign.

That was really difficult, I was very nervous doing that. I actually think that's harder then the planned proposal. of course I may think differently when it comes to actually proposing,

One of the days in Mauritius we'll be going on a catamaran trip to a deserted Island

45345.jpg

This is when I plan on doing the deed, the whole 'want to go for a walk around?' and then do it when we're alone on the other side.

I've actually told the couple we're going to Mauritius with, as-well as my parents, so when the time comes they'll know not to come on the walk with us for some reason or another.

Got the ring insured for practically everything. It's travelling in my hand luggage, I just hope I don't get stopped now at Heathrow and bag searched.

So yes... shall be going to Mauritius with a girlfriend, but hopefully coming back engaged :)

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good luck dude!

What are you going for? Down on one knee? Something cheesy like putting the ring in a glass of Champagne?

In before Cham-lame Scrubs reference.

But it is a good question. Is it just a "walk somewhere private and get on one knee"? Or is there a set up going on?

I keep thinking of elaborate ways to propose. That movie trailer one bloke did was a stroke of genius.

Mauritus... Mauritius... Murritius... Marrie-t'us... MARRY US OH LORD MAURY!

Close enough!

*marries you to a traffic cone*

Treat it right. Amen.

Thanks everyone! well I'm leaving to take Millie to the cattery in half hour, then getting picked up at 12 for the trip to Heathrow!

Hope everyone has a good 2 weeks with the stream of amazing games coming out!

Speak to you all in 2 weeks :)

Thanks everyone! well I'm leaving to take Millie to the cattery in half hour, then getting picked up at 12 for the trip to Heathrow!

Hope everyone has a good 2 weeks with the stream of amazing games coming out!

Speak to you all in 2 weeks :)

Damn Cattery...she coulda been miiine!

Also let us know how it goes! Excited!

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!