N-Europe

bad stuff thread.

tapedeck

Update of the possible redundancy situation...

Partners had a meeting last saturday. We are supposed to find out today whether made redundant. Got told that the meeting will not go ahead as "we need someone from HR" . Now if we were not going to be made redundant then we will not need anyone from HR id imagine.

Im on AL today so a colleague phoned me up.

I got a call from a recruitment agency that ive sent my CV too. They seem really confident that there would be something out there for me.

Im feeling less confident and a bit shitty.

Dead baby jokes aren't funny.

I think they are hilarious.

And you'll soon learn that sometimes, particular on a crowded, hot bus with no facilities or toys, there's nothing you can do to stop them.

Maybe throwing them out of the bus can help.

Don't know why you had to give me a lecture about crying babies. I just tried to illustrate the fact that I find them incredibly annoying, especially when their parents sit right next to them, and instead of giving them some sort of attention they fiddle around with their god damn smartphones.

Next time I'll just say "Crying babies can be annoying." :indeed:

If you give a crying child a lot of attention and toys then they'll learn that crying = attention. Therefore they'll cry more.

In some situations you need to give them attention, but not all, with young babies crying will often mean they need fed. With slightly older it can mean any number of things.

Update of the possible redundancy situation...

Partners had a meeting last saturday. We are supposed to find out today whether made redundant. Got told that the meeting will not go ahead as "we need someone from HR" . Now if we were not going to be made redundant then we will not need anyone from HR id imagine.

Im on AL today so a colleague phoned me up.

I got a call from a recruitment agency that ive sent my CV too. They seem really confident that there would be something out there for me.

Im feeling less confident and a bit shitty.

Sorry to hear that, it's a bad situation.

Good luck, @Blade. It will turn out ok, hopefully.

I'm feeling ill and cold and shit. Fucking shitty British Weather. This is March. The end of March. Why does it feel like December?! So pissed off and tired of this. Was freezing all day in work. Wore a coat, a scarf, shirt and a t-shirt under my shirt all day and was still freezing. Meh.

Fuck this shit.

Cheers for all your support so far.

Got told today that redundancies are confirmed. They are getting rid of two paralegals in the team. The team im in. There are only two paralegals in. Training contracts to qualify as a solicitor have been cancelled.

So thats it.

I have a month "consulation" which is just plain bullshit. And then serve 3 months notice. :-/

Cheers for all your support so far.

Got told today that redundancies are confirmed. They are getting rid of two paralegals in the team. The team im in. There are only two paralegals in. Training contracts to qualify as a solicitor have been cancelled.

So thats it.

I have a month "consulation" which is just plain bullshit. And then serve 3 months notice. :-/

I'm sorry man. In order to cheer you up, here's a dog raping a chicken:

xoRs2.gif

Had an email today from the wedding company from the manor house I'm getting married in next April.

The landlords of the manor have decided to stop doing events at the place, and therefore have told the wedding company that was renting the venue that all weddings (and any other events) can no longer happen.

So our wedding venue will be changing.

Fortunately the wedding was planned for end of April next year, so there's time to look and find somewhere else.

And we've got our deposit back.

It's just a bad because Heather and I really liked the place, the we've already got alot of other stuff booked in and paid for those specific dates at that venue,

We're worried now that we won't be able to get the date at other venues with only a year to go, We had our old place booked since end of 2011. So yes...

A big kick in the teeth.

I can only imagine though, Heather is this gutted and the wedding is a year away, other couples that were planning to get married there this year, or next month.... that must be truly devastating.

EDIT - Here's a massive pro tip guys. Don't joke with your fiancee about going to Vegas and getting married there if you ever end up in my scenario. They don't see the joke to it and get more upset!

Edited by Murr

Why do i feel so shite about this redundancy situation? It feels like ive lost someone ie grieving.

Also just thinking about it why am i posting in an online forum about it when ive never spoken to folk about it on here nor they care!? I suppose its somekind of escape and support. I dunno.

If I've learnt any psychology through Frasier (and I'd like to think that I have), loosing a job can be akin to loosing someone and as such you can go through the same stages of grief. I tend to find what helps with me is to embrace the bad feelings for a while, let yourself feel that, and then after a day or two pick yourself up and say "right, let's change this/get better/etc!" But grieving about it is acceptable.

Plus, sometimes its easier talking about your problems to relative strangers than people who know you better. A bit of anonymity can help.

I woke up in the middle of last night with a huge cramp in my right leg. I get this every so often and mighty fuck does it ache today. The seconds where you wake up in intense pain and stagger out of bed to stand up are just as terrifying as waking up with your arm asleep.

In future I'm referring to night cramps as an ORGASM OF PAIN.

Why do i feel so shite about this redundancy situation? It feels like ive lost someone ie grieving.

Also just thinking about it why am i posting in an online forum about it when ive never spoken to folk about it on here nor they care!? I suppose its somekind of escape and support. I dunno.

Sorry to hear about the job, dude. Talking about it helps to get it off your chest/gain support. I have no doubt that you'll bounce back from this and be better than ever. (take your frustrations over to the exercise thread. Gainssss!)

In somewhat related news, a friend from work was called into the head's office on Thursday afternoon (same day we finished for Easter) and was fired on the spot. The reason: Can't afford to keep her on. Atmosphere was horrible until everyone went home.

Sorry to hear about the job, dude. Talking about it helps to get it off your chest/gain support. I have no doubt that you'll bounce back from this and be better than ever. (take your frustrations over to the exercise thread. Gainssss!)

In somewhat related news, a friend from work was called into the head's office on Thursday afternoon (same day we finished for Easter) and was fired on the spot. The reason: Can't afford to keep her on. Atmosphere was horrible until everyone went home.

Cheers mate. Appreciate it.

How long has your friend worked there for? What abouy her contractual notice period? Should be at least a week.

I was making really good progress at gym aswell until i found out. I can naturally put on muscle but cardio has just gone out of the window in favor of high fat calories :-/

Cheers mate. Appreciate it.

How long has your friend worked there for? What abouy her contractual notice period? Should be at least a week.

I was making really good progress at gym aswell until i found out. I can naturally put on muscle but cardio has just gone out of the window in favor of high fat calories :-/

No problem, dude.

She's been there since September. There's a good chance she is in her probation period still, I'll check. She's taking it to a teaching union and is probably going to take some action over it.

Call it an emergency bulk! Or a surprise bulk. Eat fat, but then add weight to pretty much every exercise. :p

No problem, dude.

She's been there since September. There's a good chance she is in her probation period still, I'll check. She's taking it to a teaching union and is probably going to take some action over it.

Call it an emergency bulk! Or a surprise bulk. Eat fat, but then add weight to pretty much every exercise. :p

Unfortunately if she hant got any evidence that she has been discriminated against (there are also other criteria) it is unlikely that she has been unfairly dismissed. You need to have two years continous employment to even qualify. That is why they didnt even have to go down the redundancy route.

She does from the few facts you have given me may have a claim for wrongful dismissal which is basically due to her employer breaching the contract of employment by sacking her on the spot without serving her notice or paying her in lieu.

Shes got I believe 3 months less one day to make a claim so as soon she gets some advice from her union the better.

Edited by Blade

Unfortunately if she hant got any evidence that she has been discriminated against (there are also other criteria) it is unlikely that she has been unfairly dismissed. You need to have two years continous employment to even qualify. That is why they didnt even have to go down the redundancy route.

She does from the few facts you have given me may have a claim for wrongful dismissal which is basically due to her employer breaching the contract of employment by sacking her on the spot without serving her notice or paying her in lieu.

Shes got I believe 3 months less one day to make a claim so as soon she gets some advice from her union the better.

It's a bit more complex than just the sacking. She's a teaching assistant and has been at times victimised by one of the other teachers, who has effectively put in a word to the boss to get her thrown out. It's quite a messy one and it'll probably linger for some time.

waking up with your arm asleep.

Ah this happened to me last night, woke up and i couldn't feel my right arm and when i tried to move it, it was totally dead. So i picked it up and started flopping it around a little untill the feeling and movement came back.

The first time it happened i freaked out because i thought i was having some sort of heart attack, its happened about 5 or so times since.

I've had the week from Hell too. I had a situation at work where my boss and I kind of had a bit of an argument and then we spoke about it and he more or less said he'd always be like it with everyone from now on and stuff and if I didn't like it, I should leave. I was five minutes late for a job interview because of the overflow of traffic and they wouldn't see me and ended up paying £5 for parking in which I only stayed for 5 minutes, I spent 45 minutes trying to find a space! My 'mates' were being arseholes with me so I've just told them to do one. I need a new tyre for my car.

On the plus side, I'm doing well on Insanity and I actually feel better today after my real friends cheered me up!

I feel a bit awful complaining here right now. I do hope everything goes well for everyone. Murr and Blade, definitely keep us all updated.

Damn dogs, I love them to pieces, but I've just checked the one wall in the whole house that is wallpapered and its a damn mess, its silly because it's very easily replaced (we have a huge roll of exactly the same wallpaper in case this happened), but its so annoying.

Stop.ruining.my.damn.wall

Little buggers.