Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Stupid uni tards. In one book it says 1.5 letter spacing, and in another it says 1.5 line spacing. Otherwise I get deducted marks. I chose 1.5 letter spacing even though now it seems more common sense to be line spacing. Lo and behold, marks deducted!

Got 2 pieces of criminal law essays back, one we had a deadline for and the other in exam conditions. I did better on exam one, with 58 for my first attempt! :)

Went and collected my tort one and got 63! I'm actually quite pleased :) Not looking forward to contract though :(

Looking at houses now, not really sure what to do but oh well.

My exam actually went rather well! *Orgasms*

Now, there's one more OMFG exam to get over, which is tomorrow morning. I know the basics, but Psychology needs so much studies memorised it's ridiculous. Coolness, I know you have it tomorrow too, I feel your pain. HUG ME. :p

Anyone know whether it's possible to set up an auction on eBay where instead of the money being transferred to your PayPal you can have the buyer send you the money through the post? Trying to find places to sell things and as my PayPal isn't working, I'm trying to find places that'll allow me to do as I stated above.

Anyways, Uni was a bit meh today. English was just going over some James Joyce short stories which seemed to drag on for a bit too long and decided not to attend my first psychology lecture of this semester. A 2 hour wait with nothing to do between english and psychology so just went home. Can't get home and back in time. But the lectures are available online so I've got Thursday off so I can catch up on what I missed then.

I have to reiterate my statement that it is hard to find clothes for men, or me specifically. Still trying to find some more jeans/trousers but can't for the life of me get them in the right size. I need 32 waist/32 leg long trousers (at least I believe I need 32 waist although I'm wearing that measurement jeans at the moment and they are literally falling down. Have to wear a belt to keep them up). And trying to get a belt to go with them is annoying me as well. I don't want a leather on and the only other material ones I can find are too narrow for my liking. Saw a nice pair of skater shoes though that were pretty cheap. Shame I'm not a size 13. Anyways, I'll try again tomorrow. Got a few other places to check for stuff.

Anyone know whether it's possible to set up an auction on eBay where instead of the money being transferred to your PayPal you can have the buyer send you the money through the post? Trying to find places to sell things and as my PayPal isn't working, I'm trying to find places that'll allow me to do as I stated above.
Ebay don't like you to do it... when I was new to ebay I asked for cash payments sometimes and sometimes they'd closed the auctions and tell me they don't like it. Though you might find they don't notice.

I just ask for a Postal Order as payment otherwise as you can take them to the post office and exchange them for cash straight away [providing it's a reasonable amount of cash] the same day.

As for today, nothing much!

Put together some stuff on photoshop as a present which turned out well!

Been a mod for not long over 24hrs now and that's going fine.

And I've had some enjoyable banter with nightwolf in the Hot Peoples thread!

Oh and I found out the identity of The Stig! Exciting!!... well not so much!

Oh and reinstate Hero-of-Time!

Alton villiage residents are such ass clowns.

PLANS for a new £12 million ride to replace the Corkscrew at Alton Towers have sparked opposition from parish councillors.

The new attraction billed as the "world's first roller-coaster of its kind", and due to open in 2010, is to be built in the park's Ug Land.

The application for the replacement roller-coaster, erection of station buildings and associated landscaping works has been made to Staffordshire Moorlands District Council.

But Alton parish councillors have opposed the application.

Chairman Tony Moult said: "It will encroach into the woodland and be nearer to the village. Otherwise they would not have to put a planning application in." ~Complete lie~

Head of development at Alton Towers, Mark Kerrigan, said: "We did have a site visit and four of the nine parish councillors came and, of those, three were in favour.

"I would ask them to come and walk the site to see how well we have worked this."

A final decision will be made by the district council's planning applications committee next month.

Yayage. That DS game I couldn't find anywhere, I had apparently ordered from Amazon (which I didnt realise when they sent me email the other day) I literally forgot I ordered it. Heck I dont even remember ordering it. Anyway its come....I think it will be good. About to play with it. Its a music creator.

Gonna hopefully make a theme tune for a friend and I's fantastic new web shOH MY GOD I'VE SAID TOO MUCH.

My exam actually went rather well! *Orgasms*

Now, there's one more OMFG exam to get over, which is tomorrow morning. I know the basics, but Psychology needs so much studies memorised it's ridiculous. Coolness, I know you have it tomorrow too, I feel your pain. HUG ME. :p

I'm here Haggis!!! :heart:

*HUGS*

Oh Sweet Niblets! I'm scared of this exam... I'm actually terrified there is so much to learn it is literally impossible to KNOW it all. (if any) I've been revising for what feels like an age and it is not sinking in. :(

I've been revising for it all of today so far and what really annoyed me is my internet was not working this morning and it had stuff I coud have done with for revision! meh.

I just want tomorrow to be over with, So stressful. Most people I've talked to are feeling like this about the exam. I will probably have to retake it in the summer which I will definately be AWESOMELY prepared! :grin:

I think I need a hug myself? :p

So my day has been revision and eating up until about an hour ago. :) (well I'm still eating.:heh:) And this evening I'm going to try and relax and go to bed early! then...

JUDGEMENT DAY!

/overdramatic.

*HUGS*

Oh Sweet Niblets! I'm scared of this exam... I'm actually terrified there is so much to learn it is literally impossible to KNOW it all. (if any) I've been revising for what feels like an age and it is not sinking in. :(

I've been revising for it all of today so far and what really annoyed me is my internet was not working this morning and it had stuff I coud have done with for revision! meh.

I just want tomorrow to be over with, So stressful. Most people I've talked to are feeling like this about the exam. I will probably have to retake it in the summer which I will definately be AWESOMELY prepared! :grin:

So my day has been revision and eating up until about an hour ago. :) (well I'm still eating.:heh:) And this evening I'm going to try and relax and go to bed early! then...

JUDGEMENT DAY!

/overdramatic.

I'm feeling like that about my Biology exam on Thursday. I've tried past paper which just makes me feel depressed seeing as i can't answer the majority of questions, looks like I'll just have to blag it. :heh:

Good luck anyways :)

*HUGS*

JUDGEMENT DAY!

/overdramatic.

HUGS!

I have a sheet of questions of everything I need to know for each question. (I'm doing child development, crime and Parapsychology). I'm screwed. I'm okay for child development...ish. Worse for Parapsychology and then behond screwed for cime. Offender Profiling is haunting me.

Oooo Strider, good luck! I mate of mine is having a fit over that exam. Biology is so hard. I tried one of the papers, and got an E. Lets just say I dropped it soon after. :p Science has never been my strong point. English/Maths is where it's at! :D

I'm feeling like that about my Biology exam on Thursday. I've tried past paper which just makes me feel depressed seeing as i can't answer the majority of questions, looks like I'll just have to blag it. :heh:

Good luck anyways :)

Thanks! :) Good luck to you to man! : peace: Well last Year for Psychology I made up my own studies/theories and stuck them in. Of course I got a U but it was fun! :p

HUGS!

I have a sheet of questions of everything I need to know for each question. (I'm doing child development, crime and Parapsychology). I'm screwed. I'm okay for child development...ish. Worse for Parapsychology and then behond screwed for cime. Offender Profiling is haunting me.

I has Relationships, Biological rythmns, Sleep and Dreaming and Human evolutionary behaviour.

Relationships I think I've got sorted... ish. Then Biological Rythms, Sleeps and dreaming I;m okay on depending on the question some things I'm okay others I'm so screwed. And the last topic is definately my worst.

Plus it's only half an hour per essay that is crazy talk! It took me ages to do these bad boys! :)

Obama's inauguration speech was pretty good. It's amazing how calm he seemed in front of such an incredibly large crowd. Anyway, back to studying...:(

I was more impressed by Lowry's speech. I'm about as atheist as it gets but damn if that wasn't moving.

Got my Social Theory essay back today. Apparently our tutor was being a bit harsh with the marks.

If that's true I'll be surprised since I got an awesome mark, especially considering I wasn't happy with it at all.

I could have done it way better annoyingly. I went over the word limit by a solid couple hundred and, according to the question, we were only meant to talk about 'one of the thinkers' we have studied but in the comments she suggests I could have talked about Rousseau in regards to my point about alienation. This would have nuked the word limit though. I didn't think I needed to talk about Rousseau but she's definitely right. It would have read better.

I've learnt a lot from this essay in retrospect.

She said my example of the riots in Greece were 'indeed apt, while also use the same example to critique Marx, which make for a more nuanced approach.' I was rather pleased with that.

Thinking about it, I'm not happy with the essay at all.

But I got a good mark so who gives two fucks.

EXAM were shite, but i don't care. Got invited to t'pub with all the english folks who knew my name and were genuinely surprised/pleased that I hadn't dropped out (as I've not been in for uni for about 4 months). Had a couple of drinks and some nice conversations. I know of a few plans for tonight, and may well merge one into my own plans.

Feelin' goooooooooooooooood! Feeling fiiiiiiiiiiine! Got it all worked out, fo' sho'.

.... *sniff* I've never read anything so beautiful...

Damn straight. I'd ALSO shave twice a day to get that back.

Postgrad person is trying to arrange a meeting and I'm trying to figure out if its an interview or a casual meeting. As nice as a casual meeting would be having to spend £20-odd on travel and spend 7ish hours travelling doesn't really make it very 'casual'...

But I started planning my trip to Japan :D! Then got overwhelmed. I want at least a week in Tokyo but im not sure what else. I know bits and pieces so im going to mooch through this guide book...

Got a phone call from a friend saying we should meet in town so we did. We got some food and sat by the river. T'was nice :)

Gotta spend the evening planning the trip and really should clean Lil' H and Fishicus (hamster and fish) as I've been putting it off for ages.

Obama's inauguration speech was pretty good. It's amazing how calm he seemed in front of such an incredibly large crowd. Anyway, back to studying...:(

Poor Obama, stumbling his words for the oath.

"To execute."

I did laugh. But there was a cheer and round of applause when he finished the oath in the hallways of my university where there was a crowd of people (including me) watching the Inauguration on a wallmounted TV.

Gotta watch the thing that's gonna be remembered as "That president guy that was made President the day Dyson had his 19th birthday".

Ok well maybe not, but I don't care. It's how I'll remember it. :D

But I started planning my trip to Japan :D! Then got overwhelmed. I want at least a week in Tokyo but im not sure what else. I know bits and pieces so im going to mooch through this guide book...

Only place I've been other than Tokyo is Kyoto (mostly Gion district). It's worth going if you want to see all the temples and whatnot - I personally didn't like it as much as Tokyo, but my friends preferred it. Just don't attempt to find an international phone there...

i went to stay with jamba last night 'cause i had a job interview in london today ^__^ i got to jamba's place after midnight so i was happy that he came to the station to get me!!

the interview went well i think.. the guy said he'd had over 400 applicants for this job and i was part of the shortlist of 5... i think i might have been the first one he saw tho.. not sure if that's good or bad :wtf:

then on my way home ~ some dude gave me a big bag of malteasers! :grin:

Final Fantasy IV....I am only like an hour in, but its quality! Easily the best story of any FF I've ever played! As in its actually good. Cool voice acting. I did lol at the Darth Vader Noooooo. Great game.

It's true, many people don't realise that Final Fantasy IV shits on all of the other titles in the series. Especially VII.

Only place I've been other than Tokyo is Kyoto (mostly Gion district). It's worth going if you want to see all the temples and whatnot - I personally didn't like it as much as Tokyo, but my friends preferred it. Just don't attempt to find an international phone there...

Hmm well I want to go to Hirsohima and Nagasaki. Plan to buy myself a shiny DSLR and take full advantage of it during the trip so I want to go to some more of the scenic stuff. Really see everything it has to offer. I also wanna do the boat tour around Hashima Island (and I hear they may be opening the island up but who knows...).

Seems most stuff is south of Tokyo. Not sure whether to start in Tokyo for a bit, go north (as im sure there is stuff there...), back to Tokyo for more and then south. Hmm. Trying to find out when uni publish the results so I can see when festivals are and stuff.

I'd like to have hotels booked for certain periods of time and just see where the wind takes me for the rest but from what I've read they're not so hot on you turning up unannounced looking for a room.

i went to stay with jamba last night 'cause i had a job interview in london today ^__^ i got to jamba's place after midnight so i was happy that he came to the station to get me!!

the interview went well i think.. the guy said he'd had over 400 applicants for this job and i was part of the shortlist of 5... i think i might have been the first one he saw tho.. not sure if that's good or bad :wtf:

then on my way home ~ some dude gave me a big bag of malteasers! :grin:

G'luck with it blueynasaurus :D

And didn't your mother ever teach you not to take sweets from a stranger?

I was more impressed by Lowry's speech. I'm about as atheist as it gets but damn if that wasn't moving.

Hey, have you met me? :wink:

Lowry's speech was indeed good, as was Obama's. I particularly liked the O-man's point that 60 years ago, in some states, his father would have been refused service in a restaurant. And some people say things never change?