Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

RA - grats chuck! :D

Goooooooooooooooooood day, signed up to the LAN groupy games society, the guys seem really awesome and a few girls have signed up which makes things better, means I can meet fellow girl gamers.

Going out to a LGBT bar crawl, I'm straight but my housemate is the leader so its always nice to help out.

I'm knackered though! I forgot how hot the guys in my games classes are..:laughing:

Congrats RAster. I think I had 8 minors. All the cool people get 8 minors tbh.

I didn't get 8 minors................:blank::cry:

Well done Ms R-A, it really is fantastic to have the option to drive.

Today I have been suffering from bean withdrawal, however I have actually got stuff done, like sort out my girlfriends birthday this weekend. I've booked us a spa break on Sunday with Thai body massage, ooooh yeah smooth. Also I have found gainful employment in the science department of a bookshop, which is fantastic as well and I managed to find a tasty reduced price cake in the supermarket. So all in all a great day.

Have you followed any of them?

Well, I'm gonna try and follow the suggestions that most of you people gave.

If that doesn't work I will definitely do what aimless said, namely talking to her about it.

Something about today:

At work I had to look after a boy with attention deficit hyperactivity disorder for about 3 hours. That was exhausting, annyoing and incredibly difficult...I did manage to keep him playing some games with me but only for a maximum of 10 minutes...after that he went nuts again and ran around doing things people told him not to do...

After work I slept 2 hours.

Congratulations, Raining. You da girl.

My laptop is fucked and i cant get on the internet. This is coming from the Wii's browser. The last two days have been good apart from that. I went to Cardiff yesterday to finalise my application with my supply teaching agency and then...i received a phone call from another agency. Basically, they wanted me to work in a school for this morning, so i did it. Wahooo! Taught history, pe and english to a nice class next 11Year olds. :)

The school took about an hour to get to on two trains, not including the 20 minute walk to the station, heh. Also, the headteacher told me of a job coming up and told me to apply for it. I take that as a good sign.

Thanks everyone. My mum took me to the insurance broker STRAIGHT after my test haha. £800 quote! Decent! So she took me out a couple of times.. I think she was terrified, she said she kept trying to brake in the passenger seat, mwahaha. :D

It's scary biscuits changing from a brand new (2008) 1.2/1.4l diesel to an older (2003) 1l petrol!! The diesel has feather-light pedals, i'm not braking and accelerating hard enough on the petrol! Eep! Trying to reverse out of the drive was a shambles. Basically its on a slope, which I have to reverse out of. Very difficult!

Its a really scary but thrilling experience :D

I broke my security de-tagger at work by attatching it to the keys in my pocket and trying to take it off. Those magnets are strong as anything. Anyway, the thing came off, and now it's broken. lololol

Anyway, I worked an extra 2 and a half hours on my shift today, but it was made much better by the fact that my supervisor decided it was time to put Frank Turner's new album on while we worked. Awesome.

I got my registration sorted today. Hours and hours of waiting in line has got me...an ID card. In less tangible news it also means I'm legally a student again. I'm absolutely shitting knackered too. It was an experience made oh so more pleasurable, however, by some very cute company. Tomorrow I'll be going to the bank to sort it all out there.

I need to go to disability support too and grab a Dictaphone from them so I can learn how to use it by Monday.

I also need to sort out my University log in and email address.

and on the other end of town I'm due to pick up my comics for the month. Trrrrreeeeek!

Gawd. And Friday is my 'day off' this week.

I just won a Wii resorts showdown :) It was a best of 3 match playing the 3 point basketball contest :p

First game was a draw with 21 points.

Second game I won 21-18.

Third game he won 22-17.

Fourth game I won 23-21!!!!

Fifth game I won 23-22 ;) Just for funsies.

Housemate is now doing the washing up! Gutted. Glad I brought the Wii up :p

Turned out surprisingly well. Went to a nearby shopping centre because I was sick of being couped up (was this close to singing "I want to break free!") and pottered around there. Tried some size 26 trousers on in Topman. I hate how they presume that people who have a 26 inch waist also have no crotch. Not pleasant. Anywho pottered. Then as I was leaving got a phone call. Dropped the phone on the floor and got offered a job :yay:

So went back to the shopping centre and got some champagne and went home to celebrate...and there was nobody in. Phoned the job centre to cancel my sign on thingy. Screw you aqua scum! Eventually they came back then my nan and granddad came and we drank champagne. Then randomly went to the dog races which isn't something I was too keen on, but it was okay. Included 2 drinks and a meal in the ticket and we broke even. Although we did it in a kitty and at the end I won a £13 bet. Blatantly should have been allowed to keep :heh:

A surprisingly good day as I didn't expect to hear about this job until tomorrow. Gonna watch Glee then sleep :)

Oh and congrats Raining. :D! Go team us!

Imma let me finish but first I wanna say;

its disability support worker. Basically I go to lectures (with or without the student if they are capable (which I'm personally reading 'can be bothered to' :heh:)) and take notes, then type it up and send it off to the student. So its all the fun of lectures with none of the pressure of remembering anything :heh:

(from employment thread)

Gonna do it for a year and do a postgrad or training course next year when I have a firm idea what I want to do.

This is exactly what I did when I got the news;

Edited by Ashley

Its been ok today. Feeling better after suffering with a head-cold all of yesterday. So much so, that i haven't taken any pain-killers or anything all day.

I did clean my room earlier, and my clothes arrived earlier. Only problem is that one pair of jeans were a bit tight when i tried them on (leg-wise, i swear they were skin-tight). Lucky they were the cheap pair, the Wranglers fitted comfortably. So i bought 2 more pairs of them earlier.

Left my flat for the night and went to stay at a flat at endcliffe. Wow, fuck Hallam so much. Endcliffe is amazing. I wish I was there right now, and staying. 12 flatmates all who seemed massively lovely, and it has that "home" feel to it. I just pent the night with Ness and then her two of her flatmates drinking wine and chatting about random crap. It felt so good to be able to sit there and have a sane conversation with some flatmates, rather than it being a silence in the kitchen session with my only two other people living where I am.

Did a bit of shopping in town on my own after leaving and then came back here. Going to attempt sleep before maybe catching up with Razz later on. Sleep almost sounds foreign to me now, it's been that long.

Also, did I see Jayseven last night? I'm trying to work out whether I did. Though, I saw "Beer and Bongs" in the window, so I assumed I was probably correct. :D

Endcliffe is indeed awesome. Great park down at the end of eccy road. You're going to love sheffield :)

I don't think it was me you saw - i left work and got to the Graduate at about 9:40, then went to the Dove and Rainbow, where the sheff uni Rock Soc hangs out, then went home after my mates bought me a bunch of pints, and a certain mate exploded with inner turmoil.

Work at 10am, need to get up at 8am, so yeah. Lots of work work work. Fuck.

Went to train station this morning - my card COULDN'T AFFORD THE £2.20 TRAIN FARE so i had to call a mate to lend me a tenner to get to work til payday. I'm fucked. BYE!

Did a bit of shopping in town on my own after leaving and then came back here. Going to attempt sleep before maybe catching up with Razz later on. Sleep almost sounds foreign to me now, it's been that long.

Also, did I see Jayseven last night? I'm trying to work out whether I did. Though, I saw "Beer and Bongs" in the window, so I assumed I was probably correct. :D

Empty lies! You missed some classic drunken banter as well, including my new catchphrase: "Right so it's....cleeennnch....and TWIST!"

Empty lies! You missed some classic drunken banter as well, including my new catchphrase: "Right so it's....cleeennnch....and TWIST!"

Haha, I'm so annoyed we never met up. You were like "It's so close"...but every taxi driver told us it was like a mile and a half. Fail. Saturday night is a must. I've so text you too much since this post. I'm such a terrible drunk texter.

Ended up having a really fun night. It ended with myself and (I've forgotten her name. Oops) sitting on the pavement eating some veggie burger. We took so much amusement from the fact the second one we had was a fish burger and I didn't realise. I fail.

Love tonight.

Edited by Slaggis

I'm going to a 'kegger' tonight at the factory. I'm really looking forward to it.

I'm going dressed as a skateboarder/surfer (because my swim suit looks slick). I dunno if I should take my Spiderman skateboard or not. Seems like hassle but it'd also be pretty funny.

The answer is yes.

It's a maybe at the moment. It's in the cupboard under the stairs and I just opened the door to find a small nation of spiders staring at me.

Edit: No, wait! Found it. My Ultimate Spiderman skateboard from Six Flags Florida!

Edited by Daft