Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

I took today off from doing revision and will do the same tomorrow so as to clear my mind before the deluge of revision that'll take place over saturday, sunday and monday. I'm acting very relaxed about the exam on tuesday for some reason. Normally, I at least get the jitters once before it and think that I'm going to screw it up but I'm not for this so that can only mean good things. Going out tomorrow so that'll be a nice head clearer. Need to find a summer jacket and some shoes but also would like to get some more wristbands but can't find anywhere that sells them (by wristbands I don't mean the charity, rubber things as I have plenty of those. I mean the material ones that you'd get at a concert but I don't really need more band ones).

I went to Liverpool today on a geography trip, I had a pretty good time. I spent roughly an hour harassing people with a clipboard trying to get a questionnaire done, then the rest of the day was just spent ambling about. I found a milkshake place that blended... anything. I played it safe and got a strawberry one, then came back later for a raspberry and lemon one. Also bought two Phantom Hourglass gacha ball things. :)

I went to Liverpool today on a geography trip, I had a pretty good time. I spent roughly an hour harassing people with a clipboard trying to get a questionnaire done, then the rest of the day was just spent ambling about. I found a milkshake place that blended... anything. I played it safe and got a strawberry one, then came back later for a raspberry and lemon one. Also bought two Phantom Hourglass gacha ball things. :)

Yeah

http://www.shakeaway.com/subsites/uk/homepage.htm

....Wait.....WAIT..

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG

NEW STORE OPENING MK!!!!!!!!! YFCKNG WIN!!

Ahem. God awesome fucking news, I go to MK quite often.

Yeah they're amazing, I've had (similar) "Mi-Shake" the same thing. Kinder Bueno for the fucking win.

Shakeaway is great, always go to the one in Bournemouth.

Had a fairly decent day but took the wrong keys to work so had to arse around waiting for my flatmate to come home. Pretty annoying as I wanted to wash my car ready for the weekend and now it will have to wait until next week sometime.

Went to Westfield while I waited and was going to buy the GF some earrings but the only ones they don't have are the ones she wants. Pretty good fail all round for me then.

I will miss Shakeaway when we move. Its one the best perks of living in Bournemouth! It's just down the road from where i work too. Expensive though.

Well worth it though, and the delight that is Lord Sandwich next door. I miss living there sometimes. :sad:

Hung out with goaferboy most of today but ive been fighting a massive headache for the past few days.

I was supposed to go see the new Trek movie tonight but had to cancel, I wasnt going to be able to enjoy it properly. Im considering going to my crappier, more local cinema tomorrow instead (the only one I can get to on my own) to go see it.

Shakeaway is amazing. Sick making and amazing. One milkshake is probably almost an entire day of calories, but it tastes so good.

I'm exhausted. This whole commuting for three hours a day isn't working out too well. Also lab work is nowhere near as exciting as Dexter's Laboratory made it out to be. There are no super-powered monkey and endless sample preparation of jars of straw.

There are two camera's I've been using lately.

The Panasonic DMC FZ18

41wkQTTinML._SL500_AA280_.jpg

8.1 megapixel, 18x Optical zoom.

I used this when I went to Silverstone as the zoom, high stutter speed, motion tracking etc... is required there. Bought it for £200 almost a year ago.

But the camera I used in London and use for everyday pictures is the...

Samsung s1030

samsung-s1030-1.jpg

It's actually a pretty standard camera [now anyways]. I bought it over two years ago now for around £120, but have kept it because it produces such great quality photos and because it's an easily portable option.

It's 10.1 megapixel, but only a 3x Opical zoom... why it's an everday camera, but it has great clarity and colour in the photos.

s6000220.jpg

It's since been updated numerous times, with the latest in the range being the...

Sansung s1070 - £80 on amazon [probably cheaper if you look around]

http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_ss_w_h__0_11?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=samsung+s1070&sprefix=samsung+s10

For a travel cam it would probably suit you perfectly.

Where did you get that Panasonic for £200? Cheapest i can see is £250 :(

Been bogged down with uni work and the like recently so very little chance to get on here unfortunately :( I miss ye all!

Still, few more weeks and I'll be a free man!

Not much happened today, apart from my mate's girlfriend coming round and getting everyone else addicted to Peggle. I can't stand the sound effects any longer!

Had a cracking indian takeaway for dinner too!

Where did you get that Panasonic for £200? Cheapest i can see is £250 :(
When I bought it, it was the FZ18 and I think it was £210.

Now it's the FZ28 version, and on the same website it's £230

http://www.ukdigitalcameras.co.uk/__4_prod3_asp2_1_i4_47351_126_Panasonic_Lumix_FZ28_Black7.html

Good website, they've been endorsed by the Sunday Times and they offer a full 14 day money back guarantee.

Been bogged down with uni work and the like recently so very little chance to get on here unfortunately :( I miss ye all!

Still, few more weeks and I'll be a free man!

Not much happened today, apart from my mate's girlfriend coming round and getting everyone else addicted to Peggle. I can't stand the sound effects any longer!

Had a cracking indian takeaway for dinner too!

but peggle is awesome! ^^;

Peggle is the greatest game ever concieved by man and the music is beauty to my ears as the ball drops in to the 100,000 10,000 pocket! :bowdown:

___

Anyway I haven't posted in here for awhile. :) On Tuesday I went on a School Trip to London to see a play called Dancing At Lugnasa which was... bad. We'd read it before going and then I didn't like it. Still I got a cookie before it started so it wasn't a complete waste of time!

Alongside that on Wednesday it has been revision galore and I think I'm on top at the moment which is good. Also My Hannah Montana Season 1 DVD arrived so I watched some episodes off that. :D I wrote an article for my house magazine called "Comedy: About as funny as bathing a walrus in hot lava" and this evening I got down to some religious studies and then played Mario Kart and I Sketch! :grin:

Fun times. :yay:

Awesome, Shakeaway mentionings! I probably lost a good chunk of my student loan to Shakeaway when I was in Bournemouth :heh:

Good day to be honest! RSV:2 arrived from Lovefilm and I scanned my face in with the vision camera. Dudes. I'm playing a game where I'M the main character. Not just named, but my actual face. Fucking awesome.

Just been out for dinner with the Dad's side to celebrate his birthday before he goes on holiday, first time some there met the missus. Decided to wear those small shoes I tried expanding with damp newspaper... it seemed to be ok to begin with, but then I could feel the pain return [the way it originally began too], my little toes feel crushed and the mark on my heel where it seems to be catching me but I don't understand how.

Time to try something more drastic, any tips?

Peggle is pr0. I played it round my mates house when I went to visit them in Leicester last week. Each time it hits the final orange spot and the classical music starts, I raise me hands in the air slowly to appreciate it.

Do I have to join Xbox Live to get it?

Just been out for dinner with the Dad's side to celebrate his birthday before he goes on holiday, first time some there met the missus. Decided to wear those small shoes I tried expanding with damp newspaper... it seemed to be ok to begin with, but then I could feel the pain return [the way it originally began too], my little toes feel crushed and the mark on my heel where it seems to be catching me but I don't understand how.

Time to try something more drastic, any tips?

Buy a new pair of shoes.

You were in Liverpool today! :o How did you find Liverpool One?

Shame that you didnt bump into me with your questionnaire. :p

Today was a good day, I think. Woke up and went to uni for a small group tutorial which only lasted around half an hour, actually a lot less than that. A friend of mine who is in my group didn't turn up, and he's basically crumbled in the last few months at uni. He didn't finish his dissertation and is just falling further and further behind. I'm beginning to think being in a group with him is not the best of ideas created by my tutor.

I bought my ticket for the graduation ball, but I was hoping I would be able to sit next to one of my closest and best friends at the meat. A few days ago, she chose a particular table to help out another friend who would be by themselves, and at the time there was still space for me next to her. That space filled up in a day, and I'm now not sitting with her, which is a bit crap really. It's only for the meal though, so it's not the end of the world.

Went to a Chinese Buffet with 3 of my housemates, and came home and watched the final episode of the Inbetweeners, bluddy loved it. Now I'm learning Scar Tissue on guitar and just chilling out for the rest of the evening.

A lovely day. Had the usual big exam protocol talk after assembly. Was fine. remembered I have extra time for my exams.

I only had 1 period today, English, in the afternoon, so I just finished off another draft of my Catcher In The Rye essay in my triple free in the morning, then messed about in the common room for the next two frees (technically art, but the course is over), writing songs all over the sheets for the playlist for the Leaver's ball. I love that it's ALL electro-indie basically.

Did a little more english in the next free, but then decided to make notes on To The Lighthouse on paper. Wrote out the essay tite, then drew various naked woman having a battle on the astral plane.

Went to English, was nicely awake and alert this lesson, for another Hopkin's poem I can't be arsed with. handed in my CitR draft, being told that the final thing is to be sent off on Monday. Me and the other girl are the only two still doing it (but at least I've being TRYING to do it since everyone else).

Then attended a meeting of the school arts magazine group. Down a few members from last time, but yeah. Helped sign letters and out them in envelopes.

Had a minor arguement with the girl who lives me (also on the team) because she is the shittest art critic I've ever known. A complete prude. She thought the Liberty Leading The people (aka Coldplay album cover) was tasteless or whatever. Such an idiot sometimes. Gah.

Got a part in the artist-in-residence's short film.

Had my tongue check-up. Agreed to do speech therapy at some point.

Watched E.R double-bill.

*stares into space*

Went to university. Tried to revise for my exam tomorrow but it just wasn't happening.

Had dinner with my sisters and brother. Then we all went to see Star Trek.

I need to see it again.

Excellent day. I hope tomorrow goes just as well.

I'm waiting for someone to make a supergrunch happy birthday thread since all of my titles are seriously unfunny.

Had a decent day, slept, worked, finished anime when I should be revising. Played some football, which was going well until one contact came out so I lost my depth perception. Some guy kept seemingly going in a bit harsh to me and a few others, slid me out of the blue whilst playing on astroturf, took out my ankle to get ball. Its bruised now, as is half my playing leg (right) because he decided to kick me rather than get the ball. Oh well. Still fun.

Inbetweeners I felt was a let down. I'm tired. Sleep.