Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Rate the last film you saw

Katie

Dorian Gray

The two mates I was with adored every second of it (Women. Ben Barnes. Do I need to say more?), but I didn't like it at first. It started out by being rather boring and just chugging along at a snails pace, with nothing much actually being added to the story of Dorian. But, as he began to listen to Harry (I love the Harry/Devil link), the story progressively became more enthralling.

Though it seemed to happen a little too quickly, I loved watching him develop into a bisexual man whore with only one goal in life, that goal being pleasure. Still, I couldn't help but notice how relationships he had seemed to both develop and disappear extremely quickly with almost no development.

I must read the book. I'm a total cliche, but he only became attractive when he turned all bad boy with no care in the world.

Edited by Slaggis

Beverly Hills Cop II

Great action movie starring Eddie Murphy. I have to admit, it is better than the previous title by just a bit. It always cracks me up when Foley noticed all the guns in Rosewoods Apartment/Car/Pocket. With the quote(s) "We need to talk"

9/10

The fact its being said by John Barrowman makes it even funnier imo.

It really does. Haha. I didn't recognise that it was him, at first.

Last night, I watched Copycat Starring The Sigourney of Weaver. I actually love this film. Seen it quite a few times now. It's not going to change your world, but it is pretty good at what it is. A solid thriller which you can just sit down, watch, with very little to dislike about it. I told my Mum to watch it, too, and I think she's seen it quite a few times as well.

I recommend it. It's your perfect "I'm tired from work so I'm going to watch a juicy film on telly" kinda film. I think scoring it a 7 and a half out of 10 is a nice score. :)

Gamer

I enjoyed it, it wasn't a bad movie but it was nowhere near good. The action was great but the acting was crap, haha. Storyline was good at the beginning but it turned shite in the middle. I think it would have been better if...

Kabel actually went to the end of the Slayers game and THEN hunted down Castle

Nevertheless, you'd probably like it if you like action movies. Mind you, you'd need to leave your brain before you watch, aha.

6/10

Edited by Animal

Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs

A lot better than I though. It was actually pretty funny. Story was a little bit "You fucking what?!", but meh, it's a kids film.

7/10

The Thing

Saw it on the big screen as Cineworld are showing classics. It was awesome, like being touched by a special Uncle. Although why a arctic research station needs multiple flamethrowers I'll never know. Good job they did though or else they'd be proper fucked, much like when being touched by a special uncle goes a bit far.

I dunno what the hell's in there, but it's weird and pissed off, whatever it is/10

Forest Gump

People said The Curious Case of Benjamin Button was similar to this. And while there are a few similarities in the story, it's a completely different type of film. TCCoBB is a heartwarming drama, while Forest Gump is a mildly entertaining comedy.

6/10

Forest Gump

People said The Curious Case of Benjamin Button was similar to this. And while there are a few similarities in the story, it's a completely different type of film. TCCoBB is a heartwarming drama, while Forest Gump is a mildly entertaining comedy.

6/10

Difference is Benjamin Button was shite, while Forrest Gump is stunning.

Planet Terror or my i havent used my brian alot lately

following on from my WET review in the game review thread, comes a review of a perfect fit in film form.

cant say the film really challenged me. it was exactly what you expected, all the boxes for cheesy B movie ticked. bassicly, if you want to see a good movie, rent shawshank, if you want to see a fun movie, you could do worse then this.

7/10 a fun distraction, but lacking any long term appeal, sort of like a one night stand

much more fun to watcht hen death proof.

Enter the Dragon

Stars the late great Bruce Lee. Excellent movie with some great action sequences. This movie also shows a very young Jackie Chan doing a stunt with the man himself (look out for him, he gets his neck "broken")

10/10

Dumb and Dumber

Stars Jim Carrey and Jeff Daniels as two extremely "dumb" persons. Good movie i thought, laughed throughout.

9/10

Philadelphia

Fantastic Tom Hanks film about a man who's fired after his employers discover he has AIDS. Very hard to watch some of the scenes where Hank's character was suffering and changing, and the ending did make me weep.

8/10

Inglorious Bastards (1970's)

The beginning and middle were dire, but the ending where the 'Bastards' carry out their mission on the train was great viewing.

5/10

Inglorious Bastards (1970's)

The beginning and middle were dire, but the ending where the 'Bastards' carry out their mission on the train was great viewing.

5/10

Mate just lent me this. I wanted to watch the new one 'fresh' and not have it 'spoiled', but my mate says teh two movies are rather different. Is it a competent 'so bad it's good' film?

Falling Down

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Falling_down

I've been meaning to watch this for some time now, was on last night on ITV4 and I recorded it. Not a bad film about a chap who suddenly snaps and goes on a "rampage" on his way to see his ex-wife and kid. Some funny bits due to his logical pimpsmacking at parts. However I thought it went on for too long, either way the end was predictable, since after what happens there's only a few ways it could end.

Forest Gump

6/10

Not similar, they have exactly the same script, with different names. And of course, BB has the whole backwards thing, but that's about it. The only big difference, script-wise is the fact that Benjamin Button (the character) had all the things he needed to be a fulfilles individual with a good life and he ended up living of other people and never really doing anything to support himself, while Forrest Gump was an idiot who became a millionaire due to his willpower.

Granted, FG has a bit more comedy in it, but there's nothing that BB does that FG doesn't do, you can't really say it's inferior.

I'm with you, I preffer BB (just a bit, though), but FG is clearly the better movie, even if they are pretty close.

They're exactly the same and which one you like most will depend mostly on which one you watch first. Of course, you're going to deny this... coz you don't think you're biased in that way.

EDIT:

Ah, speaking of the similarities between the two, this is quite awesome.

Edited by Oxigen_Waste

Dodgeball

I've watched this so many times over the past few weeks. Mainly as background noise whilst I'm playing the Metroid Primes. Tis a good film, and even though you want Vaughn's team to win, and despite Stiller's character being a complete tool, he did make a successful business whilst Vaughn did fuck all about sustaining his gym. So after the film you have to wonder if Average Joes [formally Globogym] will go down the pan as before.

Three films I watched recently:

Tropic Thunder

Very funny. Robert Downey Jr was brilliant, made me laugh the most.

8.5/10

Dogma

One of Kevin Smith's best films IMO. Good story. Plus Alan Rickman is in it, and he's cracking in this.

8.5/10

Knocked Up

Rather funny. Enjoyed it quite a lot.

8.5/10

8.5 thrown across the table and in a heap on the other side. Laughs all around. :hehe: