NEurope
Katie

Rate the last film you saw

I've just joined Amazon's DVD rentals and thought this would be a good idea, I'm not looking for huge reviews just your thoughts. So...

Starsky & Hutch (2004)

I didn't see the original so I can't compare but with Ben Stiller & Owen Wilson I thought it was a must see. From the start I thought it was going to be a cheesey cop film but there were a lot of funny scenes & the plot was pretty good. If you like laid back comedy I'd recommend it - 8/10.

What did you last watch?

I last watched The Incredibles today, for the second time. The first time I wasn't that impressed but was eager to give it a second chance. I can remember two funny parts but the rest was just entertainment;

"You tell me where my super suit is woman!"

"You married Elastigirl?! .. And Got BUSY!?"

Classic.

Silence of the Lambs -what a great movie, every actor nailed their parts and though ive seen it a dozen times it never gets old. Shame about its sequels/prequels though -4 thumbs up

The Godfather

Just now. Freaking awesome movie, great actors, if you haven't seen it, do it.

well I finally saw "A perfect world".. I found it cheap.. absolutely a fantastic film..

"Ofcourse I love her.. kissed her bum didn't I??"

would say 9 out of 10.

Serenity

Well im gonna be bias. I loved it, was a bit harder to watch the second time because

at the start when Zoe and Wash were being all lovey dovey you know he was getting a pillar through him later

but was good fun. Good chance to pick up on a few extra things and all that. Out on DVD today folks ;)

A couple of days ago: Dawn Of the Dead (2004 version).

Not bad, not bad at all. It was much quicker then the original and slightly better, the original had a slight hint of comedy value and so did this. Not too scary but some jump-out moments.

VERY predictable at times (even with the huge changes from the original) and the ending was a bit of a rush job.

6.5/10

Aeon Flux

At the beginning there's the MTV logo which lowered my expectations a lot and there are actually lots of senseless stunt scenes that rely heavily on wires. But halfway through the film are a few plot twists and in the end it turned out pretty good. The actors are also playing their parts solidly.

7/10

I just bought "A Tale of Two Sisters" (Korean film) the weekend, was brilliant, gets confusing towards the end but then thats all part of the brilliance of the film IMO

Lucy Number Slevin

Saw it at the cinema on Friday and have to say I enjoyed it quite a lot. A nice few twists and turns with the story all coming to a fold right near the end, overall I would say very good gangster flick - 8/10

Last film i caught was Wild Wild West on channel 5, you remember the one, with Will Smith and the giant 80ft spider... and that song... wicky wicky wild wild west!

Its a pretty shocking film to be fair, but i couldnt help loving it at the same time, i remember seeing it years ago but ive got to admit, i found it hilarious. I think people who said back then it was ridiculous failed to see, thats the point! Its a comedy!

Watched Lord of the rings, fellowship and two towers (not got return of the king) It was the extended versions and still at the top of my best film list: 9.5/10

And whoever hasnt seen it...you need to!!!

LOTR are great, however id never watch them leisurely, they are way too long to be convenient.

Chopper was on BBC2 earlier, great film fantastic performance by Eric Bana. 7/10

I saw that, Bana was great but i missed the first 15 minutes (maybe?) so i was a little confused as to whatw as going on. He was a mad bastard though.

Last movie i saw was The Constant Gardener, a pretty good movie but was kinda long to get to the point but it delivers.

i would give it a 4/5 but it´s not a movie you can expect to be entertained it´s a very serious and sad movie because most of it is what´s really happening

Batman Begins, love the faithful nods towards Frank Miller's "Batman: Year One", love a lot of the humour ("Make and Model?" "It's a Black... ...Tank.") and the action scenes were cleverly conspired. Loses points for cheesy lines between 'Ducard' and Bruce in his training, hard to follow fight scenes, an underused Scarecrow and Batman's choice on the train. However the storyline and new take on the opening appearance of the Bat, as well as the re-imagined Gotham and a great cast makes some of these errors look minor. Looking forward to seeing them corrected in a no doubt improved, dare I say it - perfected, sequel.

8/10

War of the Worlds (Sky Box Office)

The immense atmosphere dragged me in from the very start and kept me immersed all the way through. Entertaining throughout, yet also freakily realistic, as it makes you realise it really is possible.

8/10

Giu la Testa/Fistful of Dynamite/Duck, You Sucker/Once Upon a Time in the Revolution/C'era una volta la rivoluzione

Sergio Leone's forgotten film stuck in his 'Once upon a time' trilogy, but it's a brilliant, emotional movie, and vastly underrated, if a little slow towards the end.

8/10

Chopper was on BBC2 earlier, great film fantastic performance by Eric Bana. 7/10

Yeah, saw that too, not really one for biopics but I really enjoyed this, must've been all the gratuitous violence.

The stupid thing is though I've had the DVD sitting on my shelf for nearly a year, still in it's cellophane.

Final Destination 3 - Same as the others but the deaths have to be some of the most gruesome yet, which more than makes up for it. 7/10