Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

I GOT A JOB!!!!11!!1!

Nintendohnut

Yeah, so after a couple of interviews, a written test and a lot of stressing, I have been offered the position of Staff Writer at iCreate Magazine.

This is exciting a) because it's my first 'real' job, and b) because it's my dream first job in journalism in which I will get to play with Macs, iPods, iPhones and iPads all day long. And get paid for it. I never thought I'd break into journalism properly by 22, but I have and I can't believe how lucky I am.

I am so excited, and although this thread seems and is entirely me-centric and egotistical (for which I'm very sorry) I just have a huge desire to SHOUT IT TO THE ENTIRE WORLD BECAUSE I'M SO EXCITED!!!!

Feel free to lock this almost instantly :) I just HAD to tell people. It's bursting out of me!

ic_086.jpg

For the win!

I'm totally going to steal everything in the office and give it to jayseven. JAYSEVEN RULES!

Edited by jayseven

Thanks everyone! I think I used up all my thanks in one thread :) Sorry everyone who hates me for this though :blush: I just had to share my news!

Nicely done. How did you manage to contact your way into that world so soonz?

It was just luck really. I'm on an NCTJ course at the moment and I just sent a few emails with CVs and work examples asking for a week of work experience to various magazines. The deputy editor of this one got back to me to say there was actually a job going and that I'd do well to apply for it, so I did. Then it was just a couple of interviews and I got the call today! Just really lucky really I think, I sent out quite a few emails and one paid off :)

Congrats on the job! :grin:

I also managed to get a new job, as a QA Tester for Codemasters. It's only a 3 month contract though, so there's a possibility of it not being renewed, but I'll do my best!

That pretty awesome, I actually have a friend on the course who did a similar job. It sounds pretty damn awesome, so well done and best of luck making it more permanent!

Lock a thread of employment joy? NEVER!

Unless you're a bitter and lock happy Dan Dare.

Anyway. Congrats dude. Looks like a good magazine :) Even if you're soul is being absorbed by Jobs (who is getting more and more like a South Park parody as he gets older).

Congrats. I worked over at Imagine for 3 years. Good times there and some great people.

I'll warn you now though, there's a bit of a divide between the creative crew (photoshop/camera/your type of magazine people) and the gaming gang.

I don't know why. It's like the creative lot think the gamers are all geeks and want to shag all the girls, and the gamers think the creative lot are a boring bunch of nobodies who dont do anything fun.

There's truth to both :p

Anyway, i hope you it goes well for you. Seeing you mention the place brought back a lot of memories.

New job here too! Today I had a visa interview at the US Embassy which was the final part in confirming the move. So in mid-November I'll be moving to San Francisco to take up a role in our US office.

Very excited now it's finally 100% happening.

New job here too! Today I had a visa interview at the US Embassy which was the final part in confirming the move. So in mid-November I'll be moving to San Francisco to take up a role in our US office.

Very excited now it's finally 100% happening.

Congrats man! Who is it you work for?

I just sent off my first real job application today! Accenture. Should here back within 10 days. I'm pretty hopeful about getting an interview because I've had quite a bit of help from a guy I know from Accenture and also my brother who applied for them last year.