Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Branded Clothing (and clothes in general)...

Goron_3

Right guys, thread is pretty self explanatory.

Do you buy branded clothes? Would you spend a fair bit on something just for the feel of say, a Ralph Lauren Polo, or are you the type that never ventures out of a shop like Topshop or H&M where you can get pretty decent clothes at much more affordable prices?

Myself? Well I went to Bicester last week and spent about £100 on 3 Ralph Lauren tops (fucking love those Polo's, mmhmm :love:). Say it all really :hmm:

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My limit is £10 for top/trousers, £5 for a T-shirt, £20 for shoes and £30 for a coat. And with shoes/coats I usually buy one when my previous one is ruined (my last coat lasted 6 years).

Actually, apart from my coat and work shoes I think every piece of clothing I own is at least two years old. They still look fine, and they're not damaged in any way so I don't need to buy more.

I prefer my clothes comfortable and affordable. I'm not saying branded stuff isn't comfortable mind. I just don't go out of my way to buy expensive clothes just because some bell end has his name in little letters somewhere on the garment.

Plus those who brag about the label need shooting. I'm not saying you're bragging Goron, someone who comes straight to mind is my step-sister:

"Check out my new bag!"

"Nice."

"It's Gucci!"

"Nice. How much did that set you back?"

"£2500"

"You spend £2500 on a bag."

"But it's Gucci!"

I have to walk out the room at that point.

Edited by EEVILMURRAY

A nice coat is worth it. Especially in winter when you're always wearing it out and about, thus it overrides whatever you're wearing underneath visually at least.

This is why I stretched the extra mile to spend £30 on a branded coat. It was reduced by about £70 because there was a tiny amount of damage on the inside in a place where it doesn't affect the quality of the coat (it's on the zip but with the stitches either side so the damage can't increase) and nobody can see it. I found it quite amusing that a little bit of damage knocks so much off the price.

I don't think I've ever bought myself clothes.

I'm so innocent, I can run around in a fig leaf and no one bats an eyelid. :p

Nah, I really don't care what I wear, mix and match, old or new. Generally I wear my stuff until there are holes in it and then beyond until someone either gets me some new clothes. (my mum) someone goes on Holiday and brings me back a T-shirt or I just find/steal/borrow someones clothes such as My dad's oldman's hat, my friends floppy eared hat and the black wooly hat I found on the dancefloor. :D

Infact I think the two things I've bought is my Cupcake T-shirt from Eenuh and my Justice T-shirt after the concert.

I've always hated the desire for Abercrombie and Fitch, Jack Wills, [insert other big brand trend of the moment]. Great, you have a plain blue t-shirt advertising where you bought it. That must be worth the expense.

Not.

I hate it.

Similar with most big(ger) fashion brands, but at least they're usually the ones pushing fashion foward. But it's like in that video in the Chromeo thread, where the guy says "Oh I like your Amadeus shirt", and the man wearing it responds " IT'S GUCCI" like that means something other than your money gone from your wallet. It's still a white shirt.

I'm not the type to go out and buy something like this:

fred_perry_t-shirt_2.jpg

Mainly because I'm not a walking advertising board. :heh:

I usually go shopping for clothes with a nice design, something that will suit me. For example, I bluddy love my Muppets t-shirt (Animal) because I'm a fan, and also because its quite colourful. With shirts, I usually go for something that either looks smart, or casual/comfortable. I probably spend between 15 to 30 quid on shirts. Usually its towards the 30 quid end. As look as it looks good, feels comfortable, then I'm happy. Although, I don't really like paying anything that much more above 25 quid for a shirt.

Yeah I don't go out to buy labels just for the sake of it...

For instance, the other day saw a plain white t-shirt, with a small embroidered white ted baker logo on it (you couldn't even see it!)... for something like £25/£30...!!!

But I'll buy something if I like it... within reason.

If I feel I can get something similar for a much cheaper price I'll do it.

I don't really buy top dollar branded clothing. Never really seen the point in spending silly money on a t shirt when Burton sell 3 t shirts for a tenner :p

I tend to get my clothes from Burton, H&M, River Island, Top Man and Next. Occasionally I pop into a nice suit shop and treat myself though, especially if a wedding is coming up. Nothing like getting a fitted suit.

Yeah I don't go out to buy labels just for the sake of it...

For instance, the other day saw a plain white t-shirt, with a small embroidered white ted baker logo on it... for something like £25/£30...!!!

But I'll buy something if I like it... within reason.

If I feel I can get something similar for a much cheaper price I'll do it.

Haha, it makes me laugh when I see white t-shirts going for stupid prices.

A few years back, I bought a coat from the men's section in Zara. I paid something like 80 quid for it. I'd spent the day looking for a coat and had seen some ones which were more expensive and didn't look as great as this one. It was what I was looking for, so I was happy to part with the cash.

spiewak-peacoat.jpg

Quite similar to that one. Getting a good coat can be quite expensive. :hmm:

I never buy branded clothing for myself, but sometimes receive some as a present. I don't care about the brand, but this one t-shirt of some popular Danish brand was probably the most comfortable t-shirt I've ever worn. So soft and nice in texture, fit me like a charm and looked pretty darn good on me, too. So sometimes you actually do pay for the quality, it seems.

I'm not really at fussed by particular brands but I'll certainly pay good money for nice clothes, it's definitely one of the things that I really think you get what you pay for.

I'm currently looking for a new suit, for a wedding but also want to be able to wear it afterwards for other events. Haven't been able to find quite the right one yet, despite a good deal of searching. If i had more time I'd get the exact thing i want tailor made.

I'm a complete philistine when it comes to clothing, and the majority of my shit is either metal or Street Fighter tees, flannel shirts, and jeans. I don't go clothes shopping often though, so when I do, I don't mind spending a bit of cash so long as the quality of the shit is half decent. I would be marauding in a leopardskin catsuit if my girlfriend didn't dain to help me choose clothes from time to time.

Nah, I'm not a big fan of named stuff, usually got my stuff at M+S, or should I say my mum got me the stuff, I hate clothes shopping, I'm always in the mind frame that nothing looks good on me, and I've just got no Fashion sense I just wear it because I've got it.

Only thing I have bough for myself that I thought looked good was my Turtles T-Shirt from Shirtwoot and that's it, I wouldn't mind a Coat, but fuck looking for one.

Up until I lost it (:() my Invisible Children bracelet tended to be my most expensive piece of clothing.

I'd say if anything I go for design. I think the most I've ever spent on an item is £30 (aptly enough my "Trust Me, I'm Rich" shirt) which is Five Crowns or something? Other than that I have a Threadless, Uniqulo, a few bits of Lazy Oaf, some Topman/H&M and Fruit of the Loom (as The Format/fun. stuff is printed on FOTL).

My Topman stuff is plain though, mostly because I wear it for practical rather than "hey look, everyone else is wearing this!" kind of reasons. In fact I keep thinking the same guy is coming into work but its just everyone is wearing that goddamn Mickey Mouse shirt/jumper.

I'm a bit of both when it comes to clothes shopping.

For example, my shoes, I currently wear some converse look-a-likes from primark - £6 they were and they have last me over a year and even got to download twice.

Yet I shop in all saints, I find mostly I have to get higher price range because they fit better, I'm sorry but topshop has the weirdest sizing in the world, H&M makes a size 14 which is actually an 8, so I trust neither.

I do shop in lower range such as primark/new look etc, but only if I can find something that fits and most of the time it doesn't, they are desperately trying to make clothes fit the average woman and they fail utterly at it.

In summary - I don't buy because of the brand, I buy because of the fit.

The one brand I do love is Vivienne Westwood. My wallet is and about five of my neckties are. It's because I'm a fan of the general look.

Otherwise, I only buy stuff which I like the look of. I'm not adverse to spending a lot of money. I have about ten t-shirts I picket up for a total of around £20 in Thailand but I also have stupidly expensive sunglasses/watch/shoes.

That reminds me, I need to buy some shirts...

Bit of both really...

i've got alot of Superdry, Atticus, Oneill, Billabong, No Fear, Element clothing...

but i've also got alot of Primark.... yes thats right Primark t-shirts / hoodies / Jeans.

i can quite happily spend £40 on 2 brand t-shirts, yet i can also quite happily spend £40 in Primark and come out with 10 to 15 items of clothing.

Haha, it makes me laugh when I see white t-shirts going for stupid prices.

A few years back, I bought a coat from the men's section in Zara. I paid something like 80 quid for it. I'd spent the day looking for a coat and had seen some ones which were more expensive and didn't look as great as this one. It was what I was looking for, so I was happy to part with the cash.

Quite similar to that one. Getting a good coat can be quite expensive. :hmm:

I think we may have bought the same coat.

17144_304887530863_505645863_4590304_4646459_n.jpg

I don't really buy brand stuff, I always say if it looks good on you, wear it no matter what the name says. I like the t-shirts from George at Asda because I like the designs (Animal from Muppets, Joker from Dark Knight, random designs and such) and I like the jeans and trousers from there too.

Bit of both really...

i've got alot of Superdry, Atticus, Oneill, Billabong, No Fear, Element clothing...

but i've also got alot of Primark.... yes thats right Primark t-shirts / hoodies / Jeans.

i can quite happily spend £40 on 2 brand t-shirts, yet i can also quite happily spend £40 in Primark and come out with 10 to 15 items of clothing.

Thats pretty much how I roll. I can spend big if I really like something at the same time I'll pick up cheaper stuff.

eg. Today I got a tee and checked shirt from Asda for £15, but I'd happily spend £20 on a nice tee.

One thing I tend not to skimp on his footwear, comfort is a must.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!