NEurope
Retro_Link

Donkey Kong Country Returns

*Doesn't really know what's going on but follows trend anyway* :heh:

And...

supermariokartsnesscree.jpg

:cool:

Nobody needs to post any more now. ;)

So uh, yeah, how about that new Donkey Kong game, eh? I'd say something more insightful but all I can think of right now is Mario-fucking-Kart. Damn it, guys!

I'm playing through DKC2 at the minute. It's a great game no doubt. It's a lot of fun. It is very, very difficult to 100%. It has amazing atmosphere and great music. It is the best DKC game. But for me, it is not better than Link to the Past or Super Metroid.

I actually don't think DKC Returns looks as good as the three SNES titles, but I guess I'll see for sure when I play it. Nostalgia can be so awesome, yet so cruel at the same time.

Strange, I thought it was all matter of opinion, but I must be wrong. :p

When will you learn, when - will - you - learn.....:nono:

The new thread title is strangely hilarious :laughing:

I have a feeling I won't enjoy Donkey Kong Country Returns as much as the original, but I wouldn't be surprised if I find it more fun than DKC 2 or 3 which I only played in recent years, not when I was younger..

DKC2 is actually my favourite SNES game and one of my favourite games of all time for the great controls, fantastic atmosphere and brilliant music. It's what got me into gaming and why I regard DK and Rareware so highly. As much as I'm looking forward to this game it doesn't excite me all that much, many of the original characters won't be returning and the music is hugely dissapointing for one. I've played a demo version at the eurogamer expo and the controls aren't as tight as the original

I honestly didn't think all that much of the controls in DKC. Donkey Kong is way to sluggish and cumbersome... I had very little confidence in him when he was slipping around on narrow icey platforms. Diddy Kong controls tighter, but nothing to write home about. And the sudden stop after you roll just feels awkward now.

Well Chrono Trigger didn't come out over here on the Snes so we can discount it from our equation. CT is truly one of the undisputed greats though. Its tight between DKC 2, Yoshi's Island, Mario World, Kart and LTTP.

Then you have the lower tier crap from Cube, Nicktendo and McJ.

Right at the bottom of the Snes food chain comes Super Metroid.

However, there is a king amongst Snes games that transcends all generations and consoles to pwn every game for sheer fun, replayability and pure joy:

DKC3+(7).jpg

:love::love::santa::santa::hehe::hehe:: peace:: peace::hug::hug::bowdown::bowdown::cool::cool:

Wonkey Dong Country 3. The stuff of brilliance.

You can't judge a game you haven't played simple as. I thought the motion controls on Mario Galaxy were going to make the game suck and how wrong was i assuming that? It's only used to control a couple of moves, it won't break the game.

As to the argument on whether DKC2 is the best game on the SNES or not i would put it at number 1, but that's personal preference. You could look at any SNES games list and see any of the following games in the top 10, in any order*:

-Donkey Kong Country 1/2 or 3

-Super Mario World 1 and 2

-Super Metroid

-Zelda: ALTTP

-Super Mario Kart

-Secret of Mana

-Street Fighter 2: Turbo

I'm highly hyped for DKC: Returns and i doubt it will prevail over my love and nostalgia for DKC2 but i can foresee it being my favourite game on the wii quite easily.

*PAL games only due to me still not getting over not having those great Square RPGs released here

Edited by Arnieboy

So, I'm the only one who believes that DKC > DKC 2

...I feel so lonely...

However, there is a king amongst Snes games that transcends all generations and consoles to pwn every game for sheer fun, replayability and pure joy:

DKC3+(7).jpg

:love::love::santa::santa::hehe::hehe:: peace:: peace::hug::hug::bowdown::bowdown::cool::cool:

This is why I love you. :love:

No WAY is DKC 3 better than 2 though. Not a holy chance in hell :D

So, I'm the only one who believes that DKC > DKC 2

...I feel so lonely...

o/

That being said, I haven't played all that much of DKC2.

No WAY is DKC 3 better than 2 though. Not a holy chance in hell :D

And neither are better than A Link to the Past because that's the ultimate SNES game... Period!! :p

But in all fairness, you are right in that there is no way DKC3 is better than DKC2 - though I'd go one further and say it's not better than the original either.

DKC3+(7).jpg

Donkey Kong Country 3 has always been the best out of the series for a known fact, it has more of everything that DKC2 had plus even more. People are blind in thinking that DKC2 has more to offer.

there is a king amongst Snes games that transcends all generations and consoles to pwn every game for sheer fun

yeeeeeah naw sorry, it's one of the greatest games ever made, but not the top :heh:

And neither are better than A Link to the Past because that's the ultimate SNES game... Period!! :p

But you are Captain Falcon...you should have said this...

945.jpg

Edited by killer kirby

Donkey Kong Country 3 has always been the best out of the series for a known fact, it has more of everything that DKC2 had plus even more. People are blind in thinking that DKC2 has more to offer.

yeeeeeah naw sorry, it's one of the greatest games ever made, but not the top :heh:

But you are Captain Falcon...you should have said this...

945.jpg

I don't really like the SNES F-Zero game. The music is good but I could never get into it. In fact, I was never a fan of any of the Mode 7 racing games that littered the SNES throughout it's life.

I choose this name because of my undying love for F-Zero X and GX.

But A link to the Past is so good that Nintendo like to remake it ever couple of years but change a little detail or two before giving it a paint job and new subtitle then pray we won't notice.