NEurope
Retro_Link

Donkey Kong Country Returns

Incredible! I was so blown away when I saw this! It will kick New Super Mario Bros. ass!

Incredible! I was so blown away when I saw this! It will kick New Super Mario Bros. ass!

THIS!

Hands down the best thing ( for me at least ) to come out of the epic conference from Nintendo.

It looked great and seemed to retain the DKC spirit, but at the same time it seems very new skool and unfaithful to the DKC trilogy.

It looked great and seemed to retain the DKC spirit, but at the same time it seems very new skool and unfaithful to the DKC trilogy.

it will probably be like new super mario bros is to super mario world.

but hey as long as it retains, it's sharp difficulty and platforming greatness ill be happy.. and thank god for no dixie.

That's what they said about Metroid Prime, but then you played it and . . . oh. I see your point. :D

That's what they said about Metroid Prime, but then you played it and . . . oh. I see your point. :D

Exactly. :heh:

I don't think there was any kremlings or anything was there? Hmm. Atleast there was barrel blasting and that Paper Mario idea of going from the foreground to background will be nifty.

Exactly. :heh:

I don't think there was any kremlings or anything was there? Hmm. Atleast there was barrel blasting and that Paper Mario idea of going from the foreground to background will be nifty.

The barrel blasting looked good and there was a shedload of stuff happening in the background all the time. No swimming though (yay!).

Anyone else love the silhouetted (done to death I know) level but the red still there?!

Now...David Wise need to compose this...no...HE MUST COMPOSE FOR THIS GAME!

THIS!

And whilst very unlikely, there is a glimmer of hope as he just recently left Rare!

Why didn't they just make it a 3d platformer, we have mario and... oh that is it

Why didn't they just make it a 3d platformer, we have mario and... oh that is it

DK64... need I say any more? :blank:

Online and it will :D

Would love to back up Darksnowman with my peanut-gun (no pun intended)

This is the last thing I expected from Retro (or rather, it would have been if we hadn't had the rumour a few days ago) but I'm super excited about it. I never gave the other DKC much of a chance, but I loved Jungle Beat. I'm so glad that this and Kirby are still showing there's still life in the 2D platformer. Both of them make NSMBW look very outdated..

DK64... need I say any more? :blank:

That was what I wanted on the wii

That was what I wanted on the wii

Fair enough... I suppose...

If you... y'know... like that sort of thing...

But I think it's unaminous that Donley Kong County > DK64.

This new installment in the series is what the majority of fans - including myself - have been hoping and praying for a long time.