N-Europe

The idea of shoving something into my eyes still disgusts me.

This.

I tried contacts and they were horrible. Getting used to pulling them out and grabbing your eye is ARGHHH NOOO >_<

I'm astigmatic and you get the weighted ones that sit in the correct angle in your eye, and they rub like a bitch. Takes a month or so to get used to them, apparently they sorta wear into your eye and the nerves settle and whatnot.

I gave it a month and I just could not get used to it, couldn't see a damn thing either. :( And my eyes are quite sensitive, poking at them to get the damn things out made them incredibly sore and brought on migraines and stuff.

Saying that my sister has relatively normal eyesight (ie not astigmatic) can use daily contact lenses and she has no issues with them at all. Just not for everyone. :smile:

oh and yes, the first time the optician comes at your eye with a contact lens is absolutely terrifying!

I also managed to return my Hell's Kitchen I bought from Toys R' Us which I was intending to switch with the one I bought off Ebay, thinking it was glitched because it might've been fake. But after playing this one awhile I ran into the same issue. I could've given them the Ebay game but I didn't bother.

I took the packaging off like a pr0. And with some sellotape looked good as new. Convinced Mummy. And got past two of the employees there.

The day i had in work today, seriously i could of walked right out of there. Everything went wrong, i got blamed for the lot that went wrong and for stuff i didn't even do. I even got blamed for something that should of been done on Monday when i wasn't in.

And now that working day is over, i needed cheering up. And there is no better people than friends and/or lisa. But as neither are available, Lee Evans will do perfectly. I cannot stop laughing, i had to pause the DVD just to write this down. This guy is a frigging legend, and i've already asked for his boxset for Christmas.

Well I'm waiting for teh VAT drop (why hasn't the forum talked about this yet?) before I start buying my presents - though I'm pretty sure prices won't be affected anywhere besides online stores - and even then I get the feeling I'll need to find some blogger who's actually mapped any changes between preices before and after. Meh.

Well I'm waiting for teh VAT drop (why hasn't the forum talked about this yet?) before I start buying my presents - though I'm pretty sure prices won't be affected anywhere besides online stores - and even then I get the feeling I'll need to find some blogger who's actually mapped any changes between preices before and after. Meh.

I'm fairly sure that 99.9% of places will up prices to make them nice and "round" (as in one penny off round) again.

I'm fairly sure that 99.9% of places will up prices to make them nice and "round" (as in one penny off round) again.

I believe this too. Things aren't £199 because that's exactly what they're worth, but because the company can get as much as they can for it while still making it look less than £200. They'll just up the prices.

Well my work day consisted of one of the managers who really dislikes me for no real reason trying to tell me off for what I was wearing, I dismissed her as she's a bit of a silly slag. My evening involved watching one of the worse films i've ever seen, it was in the fine company of Rez and Molly of n-europe fame as well as other work chums though. I'm disappointed that we couldn't make an addition to the Jamie and Mike Chronicles.

Well my work day consisted of one of the managers who really dislikes me for no real reason trying to tell me off for what I was wearing, I dismissed her as she's a bit of a silly slag. My evening involved watching one of the worse films i've ever seen, it was in the fine company of Rez and Molly of n-europe fame as well as other work chums though. I'm disappointed that we couldn't make an addition to the Jamie and Mike Chronicles.

That's the kind of thinking I can get behind.

Thanks for a wonderful evening mate.

Has anyone else heard this whole thing about a 13-month VAT cut from 17.5% down to 15%? It comes into effect on Dec 1st, and is a rather good idea - people will use the cheaper period to buy things they were previously on the fence about, and will thus boost the economy.

Also: I love the feeling when I realise I've done more work in an hour today than I did in all of yesterday. I reckon classical music helps. A lot.

Has anyone else heard this whole thing about a 13-month VAT cut from 17.5% down to 15%? It comes into effect on Dec 1st, and is a rather good idea - people will use the cheaper period to buy things they were previously on the fence about, and will thus boost the economy.

Two points:

1, Welcome to two days ago.

2, Its going to make little to no difference unless your purchase is within the thousands of pounds.

My TV is hopefully due to be shipped today seeing as the money went out of my account yesterday. Hopefully it'll arrive before Sonic Unleashed but thats HIGHLY doubtful.

Also: I love the feeling when I realise I've done more work in an hour today than I did in all of yesterday. I reckon classical music helps. A lot.

It's alright, though tbh it's the part of the pre-budget report that is of least interest to me. Child benefit up and tax allowance up mean I'm going to be better off, even with NI up, and I plan to spend every penny of it frivolously for the good of the economy. Takeaways for England!

Say something costs £100, at the moment £17.50 of that is VAT and the rest is made up of profit and cost of selling and producing the item. So if the VAT drops to 15% only £15 will go to government instead of £17.5 making a saving of £2.50 on every £100 spent. So Jordan is right about the thousands of pounds comment! Most companies will probably just keep the item priced the same and add £2.50 to their profit.

Two points:

1, Welcome to two days ago.

2, Its going to make little to no difference unless your purchase is within the thousands of pounds.

My TV is hopefully due to be shipped today seeing as the money went out of my account yesterday. Hopefully it'll arrive before Sonic Unleashed but thats HIGHLY doubtful.

Oh joyus of joys.

Did I read wrong but last night/early morning the news said about 2011 tax being at 18.5% or am I going crazy?

My day has consisted of getting up early, going to weatherspoons. Then finally getting this presentation sorted for tomorrow and working on my flash menu. I prefer this, I feel better when I wake up and do something rather than getting up at 2pm!

Supposed to be making a meal with friends tonight, meant to be a weekly thing, but today I just cannot be bothered, got no time to buy food to make stuff and I've not got much food in my kitchen anyway.

Going to get home after my lecture 3-6 and get my room cleaned and watch scrubs. Good times!

Grr, i'm so annoyed.

Okay, so me and my g/f have been trying to save up to go away next year and shes taken on loads of extra shifts to help. The only thing is, were also moving house soon and have a lot to plan. Anyway, with all the stress and tiredness shes become a right cranky bitch. I say one little thing or do something small to iritate her and she blows the roof off.

Its doing my head in. Even worse, shes annoyed with me because im not working as hard, but as i keep having to explain, i dont do shift work, i'm paid on a salary and dont get paid overtime. I cant just 'work more' like her. The only extra pay i can get is through freelance, and thats never guranteed.

Anyway, this morning i apparently woke her up and she again went mad because sleep is like gold dust to her. Jesus. I dont know what to do. I hate going home these days because i know were going to argue at some point. I'm sick of feeling guilty for having an hour or so to myself when shes at work. Any fun i have its like, "oh well, its fine for you sitting around watching TV or playing games while im at work". Well work less you stupid woman! I work full-time as it is, the few hours a night i get are precious to me and my sanity, and i'm using alot of those to help us move.

Why are women always so stressed anyway? Maybe its me, i know im very laidback and i rarely get stressed, but i just see no need for over-obsessing.