Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Even when I was looking for a job many years ago I never once considered going on the dole. I always had this image of all the freeloaders on it because they couldn't be arsed getting a job. Fair enough you're entitled to it if you've been paying tax, but if not - fuck off and get a job.

Exactly. Thing is, I know part of my future salary, wherever I work, will be going towards the dole and exactly some of those people you mentioned, but also some people that truly struggle to get jobs like dan on these forums. It's there to support you whilst you're unemployed, but not to be used as a substitute for having a job.

Exactly. Thing is, I know part of my future salary, wherever I work, will be going towards the dole and exactly some of those people you mentioned, but also some people that truly struggle to get jobs like dan on these forums. It's there to support you whilst you're unemployed, but not to be used as a substitute for having a job.

Too true. I myself was on the dole 19 months ago, hated every moment of it and i am pleased i am off it now. It did my head in.

But i know too many people abusing this system because they don't want to work at all. Why can't we do an America and give the jobless but capable of work benefit claimers 6 months (except those on carers allowance etc) then cut it off.

Anyway

No bread in my house, tis the end of the world as we know it. "Arrgghhh"

I was looking forward to a Corned Beef Sarnie tomorrow as well. "Sigh".

Edited by Jimbob

Liam Neesons wife passed away. The town mourns.

Sad times indeed....

Ah, right. :smile:

Love the look of your last.fm, by the way. : peace:

:awesome:

Why havn't you done it before now? It's something I plan on doing as soon as possible.

Yeah if you aren't on the dole do it naow. At least it gives you the motivation to at least TRY to get a job (but yeah I'm well aware that jobs are near on impossible to get atm) I was lucky enough to get a job pretty much straight from college.

If you do get a job beware - working full time and studying at night class (especially higher level courses like degrees) is REALLY BLOODY HARD. Night classes actually require a hell of a lot of motivation.

I still haven't finished the HNC I started doing.... lol

Night classes are a nightmare. I was taking Higher Maths while I was studying for my degree in Construction back in 06/07 and I wouldn't recommend doing it when doing something else. Really, it was so hard to motivate myself to do it because of the time of night it took place at and because I was already snowed under in terms of work from my degree course. In the end though I was glad I did it because I passed my exam, albeit with a C but considering it was only for a couple of hours over a couple of weeks it's a pretty decent grade, and it was helpful to me when I was considering architecture as a degree and career choice. Bit useless now though :heh:

And I've never understood all this stuff about the dole. I know what it is and what it's for and my parents have said several times I should sign on but really I don't want to because I don't have the time for a job at the moment along with Uni and so I'd just be taking money that should be going to someone else who needs it, although it'd probably go to some waster. I hope I don't have to sign onin the future.

Anyways, I've just finished up a review for work and I'm about to select a movie to carry me through the night. Don't really have a clue what to watch but I'm sure I'll think of something decent.

Guest Jordan

I'm happy for once! A friend of mine came over to cheer me up, he said some nice things... We had ice cream and played games.

Had lots of sleep too, so back to work tomorrow.

I think it depends on the night class you do. I do photography one night a week and it's the best thing I've ever done. I sometimes get a bit "can't be arsed" the day of the lesson, but once I'm there I love every minute of it.

I say get on the dole and use the money to fund the night class. Just make sure you pick a lesson you'll enjoy.

100 words left...This. is. so. painful.

*Laughs*

Maybe I should point out it's not really a full-time course? It's only one evening a week for a few months.

Nah, your weeping is making me laugh somewhat... :wink:

lol, I guessed that. I'll cry when I have to pay it back.

That or flee the country. :heh:

I'm going to the Psychology Society ball with my gf (she does APS) next week, which gives me a perfect opportunity to do the one thing better than suiting-up..tuxing-up! :awesome:

Fear no, there will be pictures!

In other news, hot-shit, only a week left before Easter Hols! I'm going to Torquay on the 30th for a field trip, which, whilst very nice, has been one-upped by my sister, who, on the same day, is rotating out to the 'Nam!

There is but one bad thing... According to my timetable, I don't start tomorrow until 2pm. Unfortunately, due to the person I'm doing my structures coursework with living off campus (he did foundation year/is a mature student), I'm meeting him in the library to work at...9am. Looks like I'd better play a few round on Empire Total War and then hit the hay.

Edited by The fish

I'm feeling unamazing, so I've been listening to some music for the last few hours. I've got "All these things that I've done" by the Killers on right now, and had "Time of the Season" by the Zombies before that. It's great how music can heal you, yet it can also help you feel sorrow, or any other emotion.

The Dole isn't that much hard work once you get into it, just go in every fortnight, sign a form and away you go. You don't get much true, but it's better than nothing while you're "looking", and to stop just walk in and say "Eh, Gringo, stoppings, Kapeesh?"

Foolproof.

Liam Neesons wife passed away. The town mourns.

She was quite attractive in The Parent Trap. My heart goes out to Qui Gon, his wife has been Taken.

:(

Edited by EEVILMURRAY

been hammering mad world for a little bit. turnis out violence is fun, but also frustrating.

ooooooh, and some girl txt me by accident yesterday, she asked me about myself then said nothing. today she sent me a photo. in keeping with my luck, shes not exactly my dream girl.

if only myleene klass had txt me by accident, but then id be happy and karma dosent like that idea.

as for the dole. i can thurougly recomend it. ive been looking for work for 6 months now with no success. going to the sign ons is indeed a horrible experience, and there is very little help in finding a profesional job. the one thing its given me is the perseverence to keep going. i hate it there. i dont want to be grouped in with the people who swear at staff because they didnt make a meeting and now cant afford any weed.

if it wasnt for the money they give me, id have no life, id probebly have no friends due to never seeing any one, id be fat as fuck off no gym, and id most likly be in the morgue. people who tell you money isnt important probebly dont really know what its like not having any.

Went to my friends Dad's Funeral today, somber is the theme.

Also my mom is in the hospital now, her Kidneys are probably failing since she's had chronic back pain for who fucking knows how long now, basically she's been taking at least 3 Advil and 2 Extra Strength Tylenol nearly every night for probably 2 months now like a dumb cunt. I think she also takes advil during the day too. Much better than just going to a hospital to fix what's wrong, or losing weight (she's obese, and I'm sure that doesn't help her back/ankle/hip/neck problems).

Basically though she was in unbearable pain the trip to the hospital and crying the whole way, and hurt with every little bump accelerating/decelerating turning.

Fun day. Fun day indeed.

Went to my friends Dad's Funeral today, somber is the theme.

Also my mom is in the hospital now, her Kidneys are probably failing since she's had chronic back pain for who fucking knows how long now, basically she's been taking at least 3 Advil and 2 Extra Strength Tylenol nearly every night for probably 2 months now like a dumb cunt. I think she also takes advil during the day too. Much better than just going to a hospital to fix what's wrong, or losing weight (she's obese, and I'm sure that doesn't help her back/ankle/hip/neck problems).

Basically though she was in unbearable pain the trip to the hospital and crying the whole way, and hurt with every little bump accelerating/decelerating turning.

Fun day. Fun day indeed.

*hugs*

fun development in the ugly woman txting me department. got a picture of her tits. VERY bad tits.

*hugs*

fun development in the ugly woman txting me department. got a picture of her tits. VERY bad tits.

Thanks

And very odd @ the other thing

I hate it when your nose starts running when you're brushing your teeth. Very hard to prioritise.

Lean really far over so the leakage will run to the tip of your nose as opposed to into your mouth....although, brushing your teeth is cleaning them so if it runs into your mouth you are cleaning it anyways right?