Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Rate the last film you saw

Katie

Miss Congeniality

I recorded the second not too long ago and haven't gotten round to watching it. Even though I've seen the first before it seemed fate that it should be reshown before I got round to watching the sequel. pr0 film. Bullock. Caine. Shatner. Winston from Ghostbusters. A tasty redhead from Texas. This film has it all.

One of those films where you hear some of the music and think "Do Want". For this motion picture it's [among others] the song "One in a Million" by Bosson. This deserves a proper rating.

Eight Shabba's

shabba.jpgshabba.jpgshabba.jpgshabba.jpg

shabba.jpgshabba.jpgshabba.jpgshabba.jpg

Up

Beautiful film, the beginning was so emotional :( Loved its humour. SQUIRELL!

9/10 :)

This is It.

I thought it was great. MJ still had it, real shame that he died. Felt well sad at the end, you somehow feel a connection with him. Would've loved to see the completed show.

8/10

Repo the genetic opera

I was surprised by this, I'm somewhat dismayed by musicals at times and other times they are just cringe worthy. But I loved this, I was shocked to see Paris Hilton in there and she played her part pretty well (wonder why *cough cough*). The singing was actually pretty good, the plot was interesting even though I guessed alot of it at the start and the gore was funny.

Ending annoyed me, but that was the plot.

9/10

Repo the genetic opera

I was surprised by this, I'm somewhat dismayed by musicals at times and other times they are just cringe worthy. But I loved this, I was shocked to see Paris Hilton in there and she played her part pretty well (wonder why *cough cough*). The singing was actually pretty good, the plot was interesting even though I guessed alot of it at the start and the gore was funny.

Ending annoyed me, but that was the plot.

9/10

I loved that film. Not perfect, but it was pretty different. I loved Zydrate Anatomy:

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

Harry Brown

It was pretty much Gran Torino without all the Hollywoodness. It was amazing. And everything was pretty believable (apart from "I didn't love" below)

In Gran Torino, Kowalski martyrs himself so that the good old American police force can dish out "justice". Probably due to the fact that they didn't want to promote vigilantes over the police. But don't feel too sad, since he was dieing anyway of cancer/the black lung/whatever anyway.

In Harry Brown, he kicks some ass (within the limits of a pensioner), whilst the police are made to look like fools. And he gets away with it.

that his daughter is never mentioned. The only reason you know he had one is that you see her grave when he visits his wifes grave. None of the Hollywood "my daughter was killed by chavs. VENGEANCE KILLING SPREE!" malarkey. I love that it never explains what happened to her either. When characters explain their dead relatives, it never seems natural.

I also loved the use of gore/violence. It was pretty shocking, but not in the usual "ooh a different type of gore/violence that I haven't seen before", this was just really well timed.

how the riot police were utterly useless. If they can take a swing or two at protesters, I'm fairly sure they can fight back in full blown riot.

In short, I fucking loved Harry Brown. It's exactly what I think is great about British movies.

Scary Movie

This was on ITV (2 or 3) earlier in the week. Pretty good i thought, it's a pity that the other movies in this line havn't lived up to the name as such. Basically a "take the mick" out of several movies including "Urban Legends, I Know What you Did Last Summer, Scream 1 + 2" just to name a few i spotted.

8/10

The Imaginirium Of Dr. Parnassus

parnassusbig.jpg

I like to call it "Dr. Magic Face" I have no idea why. I can't seem to get to grips with the title. :) Anyway this was good but could have been so much better. I very much enjoyed it but the story could have been told better and it felt a bit rushed and short. Also it's a shame Heath Ledger died because I was enjoying his performance in this and he is in most of the film so when they make the switch it just feels a bit odd. Johnny Depp I liked, Jude Law suited his bit but was too smiley and Colin Farrell looked ridiculous and out of place.

8/10 :D

Couples Retreat.

couples_retreat.jpg

OH GOD!

I enjoyed this too much. :p It was simple fun but I liked the cast and the "jokes" connected with me and I laughed way too much. I had a massive smile on my face throughout.

7/10 :grin:

dead space: down fall or isnt this what the audio logd in the game where for?

ok, so i decided to check it out, loving the game as i do. and happy to see a little more back story.

the story itself wasnt exactly good, focusing around a small group of security officers who didnt really seem to have a goal outher then to run around alot.

characters were VERY flat, each seemed to have one generic trait, and little else.

the animation was of a decent quality, higher then an episode of dragon ball z at least. i did like the way they did the necromorphs, they looked very similar to in the game.

5/10 enjoyable, but as forgetable as GCSE spanish

o_beverley_hills_cop_trilogy_r1.jpg

Axel Foley: 'Cause I was mindin' my own business. Hey, where the fuck do you guys get off on arresting somebody for getting thrown out of a window?

Sergeant Taggart: We have six witnesses that say you broke in and started tearing up the place, then jumped out the window!

Axel Foley: And you guys believe that? What the fuck are you, cops or doormen?

Sergeant Taggart: We're more likely to believe an important local businessman than a foul-mouthed jerk from out of town.

Axel Foley: Foul-mouthed?

[Taggart nods]

Axel Foley: Fuck you, man.

Detective Rosewood: [Taggart stands up and draws himself to full height] Hey, Sarge...

Sergeant Taggart: You watch your mouth.

Axel Foley: [standing] Hey, man, don't square off on me with some bullshit.

[shoves Taggart]

Axel Foley: You wanna start some static?

Sergeant Taggart: Hey, don't push me!

Axel Foley: [shoves Taggart again] Fuck you, man!

CINEMATIC GENIUS.

10/10

o_beverley_hills_cop_trilogy_r1.jpg

Axel Foley: 'Cause I was mindin' my own business. Hey, where the fuck do you guys get off on arresting somebody for getting thrown out of a window?

Sergeant Taggart: We have six witnesses that say you broke in and started tearing up the place, then jumped out the window!

Axel Foley: And you guys believe that? What the fuck are you, cops or doormen?

Sergeant Taggart: We're more likely to believe an important local businessman than a foul-mouthed jerk from out of town.

Axel Foley: Foul-mouthed?

[Taggart nods]

Axel Foley: Fuck you, man.

Detective Rosewood: [Taggart stands up and draws himself to full height] Hey, Sarge...

Sergeant Taggart: You watch your mouth.

Axel Foley: [standing] Hey, man, don't square off on me with some bullshit.

[shoves Taggart]

Axel Foley: You wanna start some static?

Sergeant Taggart: Hey, don't push me!

Axel Foley: [shoves Taggart again] Fuck you, man!

CINEMATIC GENIUS.

10/10

Hahaha. Those films are brilliant. :D

I might be tempted to pick this up soon. Triple pack you say?

Just watched Taken with my sister. Great film. We gasped quite a few times in suspense and stuff haha. Or going "ooh" and "aah" when there's painful stuff happening on screen. =P

But yes, definitely worth a watch if you haven't seen it already! Liam Neeson was a badass in this.

Just watched Taken with my sister. Great film. We gasped quite a few times in suspense and stuff haha. Or going "ooh" and "aah" when there's painful stuff happening on screen. =P

But yes, definitely worth a watch if you haven't seen it already! Liam Neeson was a badass in this.

ooooh sounds good! Its one I've got still sealed and gonna get round to watching..

Got Bruno to watch tonight for the first time...

ooooh sounds good! Its one I've got still sealed and gonna get round to watching..

Got Bruno to watch tonight for the first time...

Watch it, it's good! I'm usually not a fan of violence and all that, but I still liked this film. =D

Couples Retreat.

OH GOD!

I enjoyed this too much. :p It was simple fun but I liked the cast and the "jokes" connected with me and I laughed way too much. I had a massive smile on my face throughout.

7/10 :grin:

that film was actually quite decent. The presentations made me laugh a lot! Someone has commmunication issues :P

Something you expect to be a faffy rom-com turned out to be strangely philosophical in the end! o_O

twilight_dvd.jpg

Twilight

Very much into the Twilight mood (as you can see with my avatar and signature combo) because of the release of the awesome New Moon next week. Still love the movie even if the book is better. I'm still confused as to why people compare Twilight with Harry Potter though, both of them are nothing alike!

8/10