N-Europe

Gaming Soundtracks

Goafer

Seconding Baten Kaitos :yay: Best thing about that game.

My favourite FF soundtrack is IX, though.

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

But Skies of Arcadia has that cheery, feel-good quality that always puts a smile on your face.

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

And I've been hearing the Civ V OST quite a bit lately. There's so much to love there.

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

Oh my, can't believe I forgot the Hotline Miami soundtrack. It's fucking amazing.

Just remembered: Devil May Cry games have great music, too.

Especially the new one.

That boss fight. I loved it :)

And then there was Lilith's Club

Still don't understand all the hate this game gets. It's freaking awesome. And...you know...Combichrist!

Edited by drahkon

Seconding Baten Kaitos :yay: Best thing about that game.

Completely agree about the soundtrack in Baten Kaitos. Thanks to people mentioning it in this thread, I've spent some of the evening listening to it and being reminded how fantastic it is. Probably agree that it is the best thing about the game but I think the whole game in general is brilliant (visuals, gameplay, etc.). Only downside was the difficulty at times meaning some serious grinding (like the fight with Giacomo and Co. in that house or the end game).

But damn you and @drahkon for reminding me of the game and making me wish I had the time to play through it again!!! :laughing:

@nightwolf - agree on the Crysis 3 soundtrack. Shame the actual game wasn't that great. Just found most locations too linear with little opportunity for alternate strategies for dispatching enemies. Probably why they included something like the Hunter Bow, although that wasn't anywhere near as visceral to use as people said it was :(

I'll add some of my favourite gaming soundtrack moments later.

People, may I suggest we put youtube videos in spoilers whenever possible? The page takes way too long to load it both when I open it and when I post :heh:

@Dannyboy\-the\-Dane: How nice of you to add one track from each AA game :grin: I'll take this opportunity to say that I've been listening to a few tracks from Dual Destinies and it sounds amazing. So here's one from DD and one from the unlocalized AAI2

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

Twilight Princess. Most under-rated and best soundtrack in any Zelda game, imo. (oh, I went there. Peppers angus for onslaught.)

Agreed. Thing is I totally forgot about it until I heard the Twilight Princess song on the 25th Anniversary soundtrack.

Anyway, the Ys Series has a great soundtrack.

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

Broadcast Yourself
Audio