Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Xbox One Console Discussion

Cube

I know, I seen Sniper Elite V2 on Steam via HotUkDeals this morning for pennies... don't know how they do it.

Cross one off that 8 new IP list - got some exclusive Xbone launch game footage here... check out the power of the cloud right here... You might want to sit down for this one it's going to blow you away. DRM? All is forgiven MS!

Edited by madeinbeats

Ugggghhh, its not perfect...annoying.

Cannot seem to upload gif version.

Video version;

My goodness me that's everything I hoped it would be! Truly outstanding work sir, hope this one catches on going into next week! I give you my thanks and a forum pat on the back! (Hug possibly too much at this stage...) :)

Twisted Pixel made some good games (The Maw, Splosion Man), but they really let the popularity of Splosion Man get to their heads.

I've been thinking about the Kinect requirement, and I seriously think Microsoft need to reconsider this part. Turning it "off" in the settings isn't enough - you need to be able to physically unplug it. Here are two marketing reasons why.

1. PRISM. If you've not been paying attention to it, people in the US have uncovered a massive "spying on public" operation. Some companies have been mentioned in helping the US government spy on people. The very first: Microsoft.

Now couple this with a new console that requires connecting to the internet once every 24 hours and has a camera and microphone that you can't disconnect. If the right magazines/newspapers run a story linking these two things together, it could be a colossal PR disaster for Microsoft.

2. Parents. Some kids have their console in their bedroom. Lots of parents don't like the idea of webcams in their kid's bedrooms. Parenting magazines are also the kinds of magazines to published under researched and biased articles - the Xbox One will be the perfect target for these magazines.

I know, I seen Sniper Elite V2 on Steam via HotUkDeals this morning for pennies... don't know how they do it.

Cross one off that 8 new IP list - got some exclusive Xbone launch game footage here... check out the power of the cloud right here... You might want to sit down for this one it's going to blow you away. DRM? All is forgiven MS!

Anyone else think it looked better as an 8 bit game?!!

Are they supposed to be next gen graphics then?! AWESOME!!! We truly entering a new realm!!

The more things I learn the more I'm certain the xbox one will abolutely bomb!

I wouldn't judge an entire generation based on a Twisted Pixel game. Their games always look bad graphically. :heh:

haha, it's not just that, in fact it doesn't add anything to my opinion. but importantly it doesn't do anything to begin to change my opinion. The xbox one deserves to die a hideous death, and it's success will be be a sliding scale with the death of the gaming as we know it.

Yeah...pretty dramatic...

There's enough bad to say about the Xbox One now that there's no point in defending it, I definitely won't be getting one at this stage. What I don't get though is all this always-watching bullshit. As if there's any way that they could be recording, watching or otherwise keeping and/or viewing footage of you at any time without people finding out and it becoming a scandal that would absolutely ruin Xbox forever. It's always on so that it can wake up fast, there's no great conspiracy here so can we stop with these bizarre Orwellian fantasies.

It is a scandal, isn't it? People literally just have found out with PRISM and the NSA and Microsoft being one of the first to signing up to it.

The participation of the internet companies in Prism will add to the debate, ignited by the Verizon revelation, about the scale of surveillance by the intelligence services. Unlike the collection of those call records, this surveillance can include the content of communications and not just the metadata.

Some of the world's largest internet brands are claimed to be part of the information-sharing program since its introduction in 2007. Microsoft – which is currently running an advertising campaign with the slogan "Your privacy is our priority" – was the first, with collection beginning in December 2007.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2013/jun/06/us-tech-giants-nsa-data

Edited by Daft

What I don't get though is all this always-watching bullshit. As if there's any way that they could be recording, watching or otherwise keeping and/or viewing footage of you at any time without people finding out and it becoming a scandal that would absolutely ruin Xbox forever. It's always on so that it can wake up fast, there's no great conspiracy here so can we stop with these bizarre Orwellian fantasies.

Thing is, if it's using the cloud to process voice commands (like Google and Apple do) then it would be difficult to determine if they were keeping it or not. It will always have to be listening so that it knows when you say "Xbox On".

My main concern is the lack of reasoning on why you can set the Kinect to "off" in settings, but can't use the console if you unplug it.

Because then it isn't listening and watching you.

And shorty maybe its not a Orwellian conspiracy in the UK, but I have absolutely no trust for my government or corporations in the US. Considering we are increasingly moving towards "It's okay if you have nothing to hide" type of thinking, and it's known that they warrants are becoming more meaningless....yeah.

haha, it's not just that, in fact it doesn't add anything to my opinion. but importantly it doesn't do anything to begin to change my opinion. The xbox one deserves to die a hideous death, and it's success will be be a sliding scale with the death of the gaming as we know it.

Yeah...pretty dramatic...

Was just a joke really mate lol. Surely has to have been destined for the 360 originally!! ... but the point of making it a Bone exclusive would be? Hell feckin' knows.

Edited by madeinbeats

One final set of leaks from You-Know-Who...

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=581089&highlight=

1. Confirmed Microsoft is actively attempting to get developers to not mention PS4 versions. If they don't say "OUR GAME IS EXCLUSIVE FOR XBONE" expect a PS4 version. #truthfact

2. More DRM messaging at Gamescom. There is no rental strategy. Try to sweep it under the rug and hope people don't remember. Apparently the whole thing is a complete disorganised clusterfuck, even inside MS.

3. Cloud power was designed as DRM. Period. DRM was Microsoft's idea and they pitched it to 3rd Party publishers, not the other way around. EA and Ubisoft are supporters, Activision slightly less so.

4. DRM plans are actually worse than what they've stated.

5. Mirror's Edge 2 at MS conference.

6. Prince of Persia (reboot?) at MS conference.

7. Secret Phil Spencer game = World of Tanks

8. Live paywall still there.

9. Dead Rising 3, and exclusive DLC for another Capcom game at MS conference.

So much for the 3rd party publishers being the bad guy here. MS trying to shift the blame...

Does that look credible to you?

Yes it does actually. The guy has a 100% perfect track record when it comes to leaks. He's leaked lots of stuff before like Remember Me (even posting video footage of it around 6 months before it was actually unveiled), Titanfall's Microsoft exclusivity, gameplay details on Dead Space 3 and the Xbox 360 specs.

One final set of leaks from You-Know-Who...

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=581089&highlight=

In that same topic =

Its so much worse than you guys think....So much worse.

Good on yah CBOAT. Kept your timeframe.

I've only heard this from one person but think about if MS merged the concept of PS+ with XBLG and applied it to your games.

Oh boy... Let your XBL gold subscription lapse and lose access (permanatly perhaps even!?) to all of your purchased games!?

Well that's one way to make an already dystopian future look even worse... (though mind you though, this is far from substantiated. He's no CBOAT...)