• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

HAPPY N-EW YEAR!!

HOLY CRAP!! :o

The London New Years Fireworks this year were pretty damn incredible! :D

Guess they're practicing/trying out loads of stuff for the opening of the Olympics!

*Didn't half go on though!... it was enough after 5 mins, let alone 10!* :p

WOOOOOOOOOTT!!

Yup, I'm at home, cuz' I'm celebrating New Year's with a portion of my family, as usual. No "midnight kiss" bullshit for us, we just eat 12 grapes in the last 12 seconds of the old year.

Also, I might be slightly drunk, but I just wanted to say happy 2012 to all! :heh:

I was in the middle of watching Chuck at midnight. So I had my headphones on, drowning out the sound of fireworks.

Thought I may as well be watching something good, rather the unimpressive fireworks show London puts on.*

*Note: This is more because, for me, fireworks lose all their impact when being shown on TV.

Edited by Cube

I'm at home because going out is so mainstream.

Srsly though, this year we're making a thing of New Years Day instead of sleeping though it and waking up feeling like the world should have ended. I actually just baked a cake for family lunch tomorrow. It smells edible.

I do like this idea. The day itself should be as celebrated/embraced as the night before, especially as most people are off work. I want to go out and do something with my day, just not sure what yet.

Anyway I did go out. Somehow only spent about £12 and had a brilliant night :) Just went to a pub in Camberwell but was in the company of friends and games (Jenga, Connect 4 etc) were being circled around the tables so we played those. It was enjoyable, ended up going home with a huge grin on my face.

Twas out having a few beverages. The price of alcohol these days does bother me, when i can purchase a pint for the same price as 4 tins that is when i'll stop going out. At the moment, pint of Carling around my area is £2.50. 4 tins for £4. I go out for the social really, and where i were yesterday it had the social. And good music as well.

This New Year's Eve was quite fun. Although, it did start off badly with me and Ine getting lost on the drive up to a friend's house. Woops. :red:

Earlier in the day, Ine and I went to the cinema to watch The Lion Kiiiiiiiing. Quite magical seeing it on the big screen. :D

At our friend's house, we ordered a curry, which tasted gorgeous. Lamb Bhuna is quickly becoming my curry of choice. :love:

We spent the evening playing some Mario Kart Wii, Smash Bros Brawl, New Super Mario Bros Wii and then Who wants to be a Millionaire (for the lolz). Before midnight, we made our way to a cliff top and watched the fireworks over the water/horizon. :)

At our place, we watched The Thing on DVD whilst eating some Thornton's chocolates. Onomnomnomnomnomnomnom. I kept falling asleep though as I was knackered after a long day. :heh: Film is still awesome, though.

Watched The Artist in London, which was a preview at Vue before it's released on the 6th. It was packed and everyone applauded at the end. :)

Then came back cooked my parents a meal. Chicken + Chorizo and Rice plus other tarsteh ingredients. :D

Then my friend came round and we played some board games generally lazed about.

First film I have watched this year Attack the Block = Joke film.

Today = Chinese takeway in 20 minutes with the famileh. :grin:

Watched The Artist in London, which was a preview at Vue before it's released on the 6th. It was packed and everyone applauded at the end. :)

Then came back cooked my parents a meal. Chicken + Chorizo and Rice plus other tarsteh ingredients. :D

Then my friend came round and we played some board games generally lazed about.

First film I have watched this year Attack the Block = Joke film.

Today = Chinese takeway in 20 minutes with the famileh. :grin:

That actually sounds like a perfect NYE/NYD :blush: Glad you had a nice time :)