Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Love? Relationships? Boy girl stuff? Complaints and appraisals! Gifs be welcome.

Kurtle Squad

Was meant to meet someone on Sunday for a coffee and they didn't show after fifteen minutes so I left. Eventually got a text saying they overslept. Decided to try again by meeting for a drink this afternoon and guess what happened?

People are asshats.

Text Monday guy seeing if he wants to meet up again and not heard back yet (only text about ten minutes ago). Edit - not interested.

I have a date lined up for tomorrow with someone and I think after that I'm taking a break from the whole thing. Had this douche turned up, tomorrow's would have been the 10th date in the last few months and having no luck. Just think I need some rest from it all.

Edited by Ashley

Was meant to meet someone on Sunday for a coffee and they didn't show after fifteen minutes so I left. Eventually got a text saying they overslept. Decided to try again by meeting for a drink this afternoon and guess what happened?

I would genuinely honestly do this;

(Because, I guess I'm petit and I love the concept of revenge).

Keep their number. Next time you are up at an ungodly hour, call them, withholding your number. Then either just...let them answer and put high pitch in there, or just hang up whatever. Ugh. What an ass.

What do you do on it apart from send people messages? Isn't that the whole point?

That's the objective, but not always the result.

For me, it's often:

Check a profile. Try to message. Fail. Try again, succeed. Get no response. Neck a bottle of vodka.

I knew browsing OKcupid at this time wasn't a good idea, I've only gone and sent someone on there a message. :indeed:

Oh well, I'll report back if I actually get a response. ::shrug:

*Going to sleep now, will pretend none of this happened.* :zzz:

I think I may have to get in on some of this action in the near future. It makes total sense in my head that it's the best way forward but still!

Fingers crossed for your response!

Just keep in mind you need to be sending dozens and dozens of messages for even a reasonable chance of even a single response so nobody should get hung up on messaging anyone. Just think of it as a regular internet forum but in a different shape.

I believe my ratio of messages sent to actual replies was about 15:1 to give people a bit of perspective. Not idea if that's better or worse than average though. Women probably get more replies too.

The forum analogy is a good one. It's best to look for conversations, rather than potential relationships. I had some really good conversations on there and discovered quite a bit of new music/films etc. Kind of wish there was a version for people who just want to chat to people about stuff (not in a public, mass discussion forums). It was nice just getting to know people on a one to one basis.

I believe my ratio of messages sent to actual replies was about 15:1 to give people a bit of perspective. Not idea if that's better or worse than average though. Women probably get more replies too.

From what I understand it is somewhat of a feeding frenzy from the other side, so dudes have to keep trying until you stand out. @Raining_again can probably verify that for you.

All you straight guys and gals need to get on Tinder. It's an app for your phone that links with Facebook.

Basically you go on, set a distance for how far you want to search and the app throws up men / women for you to look at and decide if you like them or not. If you do, you click the tick, if you don't you click the cross.

The guys / girls you have ticked then go into your 'likes' and if a guy / girl you liked, likes you back - they become a match. You can then begin chatting with them.

It feeds a couple of photos through from your profile pics on FB, so if you see the first pic of the guy / girl and think 'hmm, unsure' you can see a few more pics before deciding.

Pretty decent app by the looks of it. I only know about it because my sisters have both started using it and are pretty addicted!

If only they had one for the gays. That wasn't Grindr. *Shudder*

All you straight guys and gals need to get on Tinder. It's an app for your phone that links with Facebook.

Basically you go on, set a distance for how far you want to search and the app throws up men / women for you to look at and decide if you like them or not. If you do, you click the tick, if you don't you click the cross.

The guys / girls you have ticked then go into your 'likes' and if a guy / girl you liked, likes you back - they become a match. You can then begin chatting with them.

It feeds a couple of photos through from your profile pics on FB, so if you see the first pic of the guy / girl and think 'hmm, unsure' you can see a few more pics before deciding.

Pretty decent app by the looks of it. I only know about it because my sisters have both started using it and are pretty addicted!

If only they had one for the gays. That wasn't Grindr. *Shudder*

Yeah quite a few of my mates are using Tinder and are liking it better than PoF.