Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Baby Born. YouTube Video to Follow....pics page 1, video page 2

Ashley

Mr. and Mrs. Mokong have had a wee baby Mokong!

Little Oisín was born earlier today, sharing her birthday with Jennifer Carpenter and Nicholas Hault (only people I recognise on the Wiki list. Also the fact WOW:C was released today is apparently important enough to be put on there). Oh wait and Noam Chomsky. That makes up for the other two.

Congratulations to you both! Hope you manage to get some rest but I doubt you'll see any this side of 2030.

Enjoy!

Firstly thanks to Ash for creating the thread for me and to everyones well wishes so far.

Second

Mr. and Mrs. Mokong have had a wee baby Mokong!

Little Oisín was born earlier today, sharing her birthday with Jennifer Carpenter and Nicholas Hault ...

Erm.. HIM... I'm pretty sure I did put "Baby Boy Oisín" in the text messages... though given your replies and confusing of words I'll forgive you :)

But I'm sure the forum is curios so... In Ash's first reply to me where he meant to say "Congratulations" he said "Contracts".. when I pointed that out to him he replied that I do actually have to sign "contacts"... I think he gave up after that. Haha... sorry mate :hug:

Anyway, yeah it's been a long day. We were awake since 2am when Joy started getting pains.... it was 4am when we decided to go to the hospital. 9am we were in the Delivery Room. and 3.20pm when he finally made his way out into the real world.

Joy had a rough time up to about 1pm. Before that to help with the pain she was just taking gas, which I don't think was doing anything as she was in tears with the pain of her contractions. Round 1pm she finally decided to go for an Epidural which worked wonders and she felt no pain at all after that.

If anyone else here is going to be having a child soon (someday) if your/your wife/your gf is in a lot of pain seriously go for the epidural.

A youtube vid will follow soon, once I edit it of course. It won't be the actual delivery though, haha. I got some video of Joy and the baby afterwards. And will use that as the end of the video. The bulk of the video will be made of of pictures of Joy. Over the last 150 odd days we've taken a picture a day in prep for this video, haha.

Speaking of pictures, here's a few of Oisín Lloyd Hughes

Baby and Mommy just after birth

SDC15690.jpg

SDC15692.jpg

New Family Together

SDC15698.jpg

My first time holding him (and first time ever holding a newborn)

SDC15699.jpg

My first time bottle feeding (I also have my first time changing a nappy... and it was greeny/black tar shit... but no pics of that, sorry :heh:)

SDC15709.jpg

Will post video later once it's done... maybe sometime tomorrow evening

Am I right in thinking you pronounce Oison as "Oh-Sheen"?

Correct

Pronouced "Oh-sheen" or "Uh-Sheen".... but spelt Oisín ;)

Congrats Mokong! Looks like the forums'll be in safe hands in 18 years time :P

Ah I give him 10 years.... though by 18 I expect him to be leading the Irish football to the World Cup Final... and sharing his wealth with his daddy and mommy, haha.

(I suspect I may be one of those parents who expects too much)