Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

bad stuff thread.

tapedeck

You want to know Multitasking?

I can successfully code PHP/HTML/write articles while watching TV (not being hooked up to PC) and having a conversation with someone on the other side of the room. No mistakes or anything

BOO YAH BITCHES :P

I can brush my teeth, hold a conversation and make a sandwich.

:p

My milk shake brings all the boys to the yard,

and they're like,

its better than yours,

damn right its better than yours,

I can teach you,

but I have to charge

Was he actually saying this or was it added after his demise?

I sat on a packet of Cadbury's minirolls things... They were still delicious but they weren't roll-y :(

I'm having a laughably bad week.

I went into work yesterday and picked up my timetable for next year. Basically, due to the type of school I'm in, some of the lessons are taught by other teachers. Such as PE, Spanish and D&T. As a result of this, I'm not totally full time, but am currently on 0.775 of a full time contract.

I received my timetable yesterday morning. It's utter shit. Despite asking for more responsibilities and more hours (seeing as I enjoy the job), my timetable has been reduced. I'm now on 0.72.

Doesn't sound like much, but it's quite a cut. A 5% paycut. Which is fucking crap considering that I'm not taking home much money at all in the first place.

There's a sliding payscale, which means I should be on more money next year. So, I move up to the next level off that scale, but then move down in terms of hours. It means I'm on about the same money as I am now. Which may not seem bad, but considering other people in the school are earning waaaay more than me....seems massively unfair. Another teacher who started the same time as me has had her timetable increased... Including some sessions where she's actually teaching my class!

Dunno wtf is going on. It's been a mess. I'm seeing my mentor about it tomorrow. It's complete crap. What's even more shit is the fact that if I was working in a state school, I would be earning roughly about 5 or so grand more than I am currently at the moment.

I love this job, but I've also asked myself on a regular basis whether I did the right thing by taking it.

Bleh. I feel old. Stupid fucking youngsters and their urban music, high top sneakers and general unruliness. Get off my lawn.

Seriously though, it feels like my youth has passed me by and I've wasted it. Consider my chips well and truly pissed on.

Looked on a metal music history thing and discovered that a lot of songs from my youth are actually 15 odd years old now. The thought of looking at a 15 year old and thinking "you weren't even born when my type of music was released/I was in my prime" is just shit. FML.

I feel old, too. Which is pretty ridiculous. I think it's because I didn't really find myself until I was about 19. Before then I just wasted so many chances. I wish so much I lived life then like I do now but that's not going to happen. It's annoying but it's done.

I feel old, too. Which is pretty ridiculous. I think it's because I didn't really find myself until I was about 19. Before then I just wasted so many chances. I wish so much I lived life then like I do now but that's not going to happen. It's annoying but it's done.

I agree with ya there. I didnt feel like I properly started having a life till this past year and it annoys me that I didnt try more new stuff when I was younger. Guess I cant complain too much because I met some amazing people this year that I wouldnt have if I hadnt been the person I was back then.

But yeh i have many "I wish i had done..." moments

I feel I have found myself. And I'm a youngster. Happy as a delirious bomb abroad.

Oh wait. Bad thread, right. I've organised a BBQ today. Beautiful weather...no-one's coming until like 6 though :hmm: Stupid exams.

(looks outside. Coincidence. they are here)

Found out I officially won't be able to do my weekend job anymore starting September, because I will no longer be a student. I've been working there since I was 16. =(

I also won't be able to get any dole/job seekers allowance/whatever you call it for a year... So basically I will have no income at all, ack. Doubt I'll be able to find a job, no school seems to want me. Boooh.

No one seems to be feeling going out tonight. Except some of the younger coworkers but they haven't invited me because I'm obviously too cool for them ¬_¬

So I've resigned myself to buying some pint cans of b33r and will drink the night away doing random crap on Zelda.

I've been sat at my house in Manchester for two weeks without any human interaction whatsoever, apart from when the homely looking checkout monkey at Tesco gives me the ol looky loo, and I'm thus going insane. Can't even find a fucking smoke peddlar, so I can pass the time with some medicine of the herbal nature =(.