Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

bad stuff thread.

tapedeck

Had to take my kitten Millie to the vet this morning :(

her back legs appear to be very weak, and she sort of scuttles along the floor rather than walking. And she can't jump on the sofa or bed anymore :(

Vet's have given her anti-inflammatory drops for her food for 7 days, and have noticed it appears to be one leg in particular that is causing distress. hopefully the drops help and she'll be fine at her checkup next week.

if not they want to x-ray her and who knows what then. but this has fallen at a very awkward time as i've got my holiday to Mauritius on the 29th October. so any medical attention she may need will be done while I'm meant to be abroad.

fingers crossed she's fine with these drops, and back to her self on her checkup next week.

Today is the day my internet should be activated. So I decided to set up my Sky Router. They've only gone and sent me a completely dud one - no power lights or anything appearing on it.

Looks like my wait for decent internet (and online gaming) has gotten longer.

Edit: A quick Google suggests that the power unit/cable that is provided with the router is complete rubbish. I think I have some spare cables at work that are the correct size and voltage so hopefully that will be the solution.

Edited by Cube

Thanks everybody :)

He's still in hospital and will be for a while (at least wednesday) but its probably the best thing for him. The exact same thing happened to his father 35ish years ago, was told to go home and given anti indigestion.... then he died of a major heart attack not very long after. We're all mega worried but we know he's got the best chance because it was seen to as early as it could've been. Fortunately things have changed, I mean they didn't even have landline telephones in the time when my grandfather died, which played a huge part in his death.

The worst part is my dad is shockingly healthy... he used to be a diver/runner and his heart was so efficient it was 50 at rest... he doesn't eat badly, does have a bit of wine at the weekend, and he does yoga/taichi 3x a day... its just insane. Genetics really can catch up with you... He's only 56 as well. Just feels wrong! He's sitting in his bed/chair looking only slightly uncomfortable, around a cardiac ward full of people that are on their last legs..

Yay kitteh!!!! :D