Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

good stuff thread.

nightwolf

I know it well. That's cool. Westbourne is a really nice area. It was really shook up a few years ago when some teens killed the resident Marks & Sparks hobo, but it made literally everybody in the area pay tribute to him as literally everybody had chatted to and remembered him. That's community spirit for you!

Ah there's nothing like a good murderous teenagers story to get someone in the mood for their new life in another country.

Ah there's nothing like a good murderous teenagers story to get someone in the mood for their new life in another country.

Haha yeah, i suppose it does sound quite bad! I was trying to portray how the community spirit there was so strong :p

It is a very nice area Ine i promise!

Murr - looks like you and future wifey had a lovely time.

I always love going to Disneyland, it's about time I went for another visit.

It seems rather small, but I was asked for my opinion on something at work, usually I'm friendly and get on with what I need to do, but more recently I've been asked for more input and been given more things to do.

It helps break up the day, that's for sure.

Nice to see the Patriots going again, but fuck me the Rams? consistently one of the worst sides in the NFL over the last 5 years. All the worse now they've signed a deal to return for the London series.

Say hello to Mr Kroenke owner of St Louis Rams and majority shareholder in Arsenal FC. :shakehead

I just created a price list for my wedding photos, as well as a spreadsheet that calculates the price I pay for them, the price the customer pays and the profit I make. It does it for each print size as well and makes it a piece of piss to adjust my prices. It also creates a receipt for my (future) customers.

It's not exactly Excel wizardry, but it makes me feel all professional and junk.

Next up, wedding album page design templates. That won't be a quick job...

Just got back from a Diana Vickers gig at The Ruby Lounge in Manchester. She was absolutely amazing and treated us all with songs from her new album (not yet titled or dated for release :angry:).

Yeah she was just great - songs sound fantastic, she's obviously worked really hard in the time she's been away writing. :grin:

Oh and just for a random twist I was stood close to the bar whilst she was performing away from the crowd that were all squashed up to the stage, and I realised Harry from One Direction was stood right next to me?!!

Random ha. Felt a bit sorry for him though as a few people noticed him and were asking for pictures - must be a bitch, but hey - that's fame!

Say hello to Mr Kroenke owner of St Louis Rams and majority shareholder in Arsenal FC. :shakehead

He'd probably own the Denver Broncos if it weren't for NFL rules disallowing team owners from owning any other sporting franchise in the same state. (He already owns the Colorado Avalanche and the Denver Nuggets).

Still, with the other 3 quality teams he owns, the Rams were a bit of a dud on his part :heh:

Edited by Jon

Just installed a rotary slip-ring calibration system for my experiment at a fraction of the £6000 cost we were quoted to replace the linear one that broke.

Feeling pretty damn smug.

Also, i found the heating for my lab, so i don't have to wear gloves indoors anymore!

Had my last ever class as an undergraduate this morning (got a couple of revision sessions but they're not teaching classes) and it was a brilliant class. Essentially a 2 hour group discussion about visual cognition, what motivates use to look where we do (to which someone shouted out 'Sex' which is probably true :laughing:) and just generally going on massive tangents and getting out of control (someone asked the tutor if he would kill himself if his work was ever proven wrong :laughing:). If only every class had been like that. Haven't laughed so hard in a long time.

Although, happiness that classes are over was short lived when I realised how little time is left until I finish Uni. Oh well, plenty of fun to be had before then I hope :D

Had my last ever class as an undergraduate this morning (got a couple of revision sessions but they're not teaching classes) and it was a brilliant class. Essentially a 2 hour group discussion about visual cognition, what motivates use to look where we do (to which someone shouted out 'Sex' which is probably true :laughing:) and just generally going on massive tangents and getting out of control (someone asked the tutor if he would kill himself if his work was ever proven wrong :laughing:). If only every class had been like that. Haven't laughed so hard in a long time.

Although, happiness that classes are over was short lived when I realised how little time is left until I finish Uni. Oh well, plenty of fun to be had before then I hope :D

I am massively dreading this big life event. Still got a couple of months myself!

Had a friend visiting from many miles away, played Streetfighter until it broke.

398455_10151172658940691_669125690_22852593_1696377586_n.jpg

Productive weekend...

I just created a price list for my wedding photos, as well as a spreadsheet that calculates the price I pay for them, the price the customer pays and the profit I make. It does it for each print size as well and makes it a piece of piss to adjust my prices. It also creates a receipt for my (future) customers.

It's not exactly Excel wizardry, but it makes me feel all professional and junk.

Next up, wedding album page design templates. That won't be a quick job...

Was doing 'this' (i.e. this notion, not this particular function) earlier at work. Trying to monitor coursework (as it turns out we don't really know what's coming, when its coming or where it is at any given time) so created a spreadsheet that tracks it all. Wowed everyone anyway by having the due, absolute cut-off and turnaround date cells change colour (complete with colour coding!) when it has passed. Actually a simple thing but most people don't know so I look AWESOME. Also referenced another spreadsheet to keep track of something else. Trying to fight for them to adopt Access as life would be so much easier!

Also been asked to give a talk to the academics about our new online learning environment. They blatantly won't listen so I think I may give them a pop quiz!

p.s. do the wedding album for my mother's wedding for me...for free...because I can't be arsed :p

Edited by Ashley