Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

What Have You Bought?

Ashley

This.

Most if not all games come with pre-order bonuses these days.

Plus, he pre-ordered it from GAME, and as such will get double points on his reward card.

They're also special editions, which are often hard to get if you don't pre-order them.

Pre-ordering from online retailers also means you can often get the game a day early!!!

Just to clarify, I have no issue with pre-ordering. I pre-order the big games all the time, for bonuses, for GAME points, to make sure they don't sell out, for the possibility of getting the game 1-2 days early or all of the above.

My comment was about pre-ordering 10 months before the release date, and the possibility that a much better price might arise nearer the time.

Just to clarify, I have no issue with pre-ordering. I pre-order the big games all the time, for bonuses, for GAME points, to make sure they don't sell out, for the possibility of getting the game 1-2 days early or all of the above.

My comment was about pre-ordering 10 months before the release date, and the possibility that a much better price might arise nearer the time.

Most online places (GAME included) have a policy where you get the lowest pre-order price no matter what the final price ends up at. So if the price went up by a fiver closer to release you'd still get it cheaper and don't have to pay in advance.

There's no loss involved in pre-ordering items early.

Most online places (GAME included) have a policy where you get the lowest pre-order price no matter what the final price ends up at. So if the price went up by a fiver closer to release you'd still get it cheaper and don't have to pay in advance.

There's no loss involved in pre-ordering items early.

Will you stop going on about GAME? :heh: you're not getting paid on commission.

I know that you will get the lowest price from that retailer. But a different retailer might beat it. The day your enters "ready for dispatch", you might see that ShopTo are doing it £5 cheaper, for example.

I know that you will get the lowest price from that retailer. But a different retailer might beat it. The day your enters "ready for dispatch", you might see that ShopTo are doing it £5 cheaper, for example.

Understandably, but if there's retailer exclusive DLC that you fancy then why not? Like I said there's no harm done in pre-ordering a game early. It's not a permanent thing, they can be cancelled at any time.

Will you stop going on about GAME? :heh: you're not getting paid on commission.

No. As you know we are a gaming forum and GAME are of course, a gaming company. I talk about them because I work for them and know the advantages and disadvantages of certain products and services. When I do, I feel that it could be useful information for the members here. It's not me advertising the company at all (heaven knows they don't need it) but since I work for them and get useful information then I will of course pass it on to members looking for a good deal/understanding why they should pre-order/benefits of pre-ordering.

It's incredibly frustrating to have to deal with customers not fully understanding pre-orders, especially when they are the type that come in and are clued up on everything about games but pre-orders. "Why wouldn't you want double points? Don't you like getting money off?" I always think to myself..

Though ShopTo are almost always cheaper, so I recommend them for launch unless there's some sort of exclusive you've got your eyes on.

Nando's picture reminds me that I still haven't finished Hotel Dusk. But the top screen on my DS came off recently, so it's kind of a pain to use now. :hmm:

And the puppy is adorable, obviously. It's too bad they're at their cutest when they're the most work!