Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

What Have You Bought?

Ashley

Does that power rack allow you to do pull ups? What else is it used for?

The rack does allow you to do pull-ups and chin-ups due to the "handles" at the top.

You can also use it for squats, as the "pins" will support the barbell when it's on the rack and it makes it easy and safe to take the bar off. You can adjust the pins to a different height, so it can be used for squats no matter how tall or short you are.

You can also use the rack for bench pressing, incline bench pressing, shoulder/military/overhead pressing, probably a bunch of other exercises, too.

Also, those horizontal metal bars that you can see (the silver ones) act as a "safety" mechanism. Meaning that if you fuck up your squat, you can effectively just "drop" the weight onto those bars and get out from under it. Could also be used for safety on benching too, I expect. (again, adjustable)

Those black things/handles are for dips.

Haha yeah, I've always wanted to work out with the Eric Prydz 'Call on Me' video in full view :heh:

My arse isn't much of a fan either, I always just imagine i'm Lance Armstrong without the drugs. Do you do any cardio prior to lifting? or just stretching maybe?

I do warm-up sets, some stretching but I rarely do any cardio beforehand. If I ever do cardio with a workout, it's usually afterwards. Even then, I've tended to work out, say, around midday time and then go and play squash in the evening.

lol I've actually only bought one Vita for myself, the other 2 are for my friends who will pay me for them cause they gave me 10% off if I bought more than 1. However I don't have a memory card yet so I can't play any games or download stuff from PSN right now :(

Thought I'd cheer myself up with a new guitar, should get it tomorrow hopefully.

kidravavawd3.jpg

ESP LTD MH-100QM NT - £194

An expensive guitar would be wasted on me, I just wanted one that has a fixed bridge, unlike my other guitar.

Nexus-7-2013.jpg

Posted this before but it arrived yesterday...the display is amazing. Definitely worth the upgrade.

270923619744_1.jpg

Got these to cover the analogue sticks on the Vita. I use the concave ones which are definitely more comfortable / a bit bigger than the size of the original sticks. Worth the £6.

Where did you get it? There's 5% off at Currys/PC World with code NEXUS5 or TABL5.

I was going to buy one today but I weighed it up and decided I'd still prefer a little Windows 7 machine with a keyboard.

Edited by Shorty