NEurope
Ashley

What Have You Bought?

Does that power rack allow you to do pull ups? What else is it used for?

The rack does allow you to do pull-ups and chin-ups due to the "handles" at the top.

You can also use it for squats, as the "pins" will support the barbell when it's on the rack and it makes it easy and safe to take the bar off. You can adjust the pins to a different height, so it can be used for squats no matter how tall or short you are.

You can also use the rack for bench pressing, incline bench pressing, shoulder/military/overhead pressing, probably a bunch of other exercises, too.

Also, those horizontal metal bars that you can see (the silver ones) act as a "safety" mechanism. Meaning that if you fuck up your squat, you can effectively just "drop" the weight onto those bars and get out from under it. Could also be used for safety on benching too, I expect. (again, adjustable)

Those black things/handles are for dips.

Haha yeah, I've always wanted to work out with the Eric Prydz 'Call on Me' video in full view :heh:

My arse isn't much of a fan either, I always just imagine i'm Lance Armstrong without the drugs. Do you do any cardio prior to lifting? or just stretching maybe?

I do warm-up sets, some stretching but I rarely do any cardio beforehand. If I ever do cardio with a workout, it's usually afterwards. Even then, I've tended to work out, say, around midday time and then go and play squash in the evening.

It's all coming Thursday, so I'll get some photos of it all when it's up and running. Perhaps an action shot or two :wink:

4139p_14c_1m.jpg

DAVE_ANDY_SECRET.jpg

Unfortunately you cannot see the actual print of the second tshirt, but its wonderful, wouldn't know its for one of my favourite YouTubers. :D

£18 each, the first one is actually about 7 pounds cheaper than online :D.

New bed.

null_zpse49e6401.jpg

Was expensive but it'll be worth it. I should have bought one years ago as my old bed is knackered and uncomfortable.

What does the gel do?

It's a lubricant ;)

It's actually a kind of memory foam top that reacts to your body temperature. I think...

It's a lubricant ;)

It's actually a kind of memory foam top that reacts to your body temperature. I think...

Pretty much! Just supposed to be more supportive and easy to sleep. :D

lol I've actually only bought one Vita for myself, the other 2 are for my friends who will pay me for them cause they gave me 10% off if I bought more than 1. However I don't have a memory card yet so I can't play any games or download stuff from PSN right now :(

Pre-ordered these:

10784751-1370965433-955737.jpg

killzone-shadow-fall-packshot.jpg

12542d.jpg

_-inFAMOUS-Second-Son-PS4-_.jpg

All for 40€ because I traded in the following games:

Zelda: Skyward Sword

Mario Kart Wii

NFS Most Wanted

Assassins Creed 3

Injustice

GoW Ascension

Borderlands 2

Far Cry 3

Thought I'd cheer myself up with a new guitar, should get it tomorrow hopefully.

kidravavawd3.jpg

ESP LTD MH-100QM NT - £194

An expensive guitar would be wasted on me, I just wanted one that has a fixed bridge, unlike my other guitar.

DSC02877.JPG

3DSXL! Got it used for £84 and I am selling my original 3DS for about £70 so it's not a bad trade at all.

Traded in XCOM Enemy Unknown and ICO Collection to pre-order this:

_-Assassins-Creed-IV-Black-Flag-PS4-_.jpg

10€

PS4, here I come!

Decided to treat myself and went on a bit of spending spree, grabbed Kid Icarus, Fire Emblem and Metal Gear Solid: Fellatio for the 3DS. Already tried KI, absolutely superb.

Next gen done, might get Knack depending on reviews. Oh I also pre-ordered the official stand.

battlefield_4_ps4.jpg

watch_dogs_ps4.jpg

assassins_creed_black_flag_ps4.jpg

need_for_speed_rivals_ps4.jpg

killzone_shadow_fall_ps4.jpg

lego_marv_super_hero_ps4.jpg

And a 30th bday present to myself but doesn't come out until the end of October

n7x8.jpg

Edited by bryanee

Been on a little spending spree.

500-361161-894__1.jpg

For work, a jumper and some trousers

image1xxl.jpg

image1xxl.jpg

Ellie-Goulding-Halcyon-Days-Deluxe-Version-2013-1200x1200.png

And tickets to see her for the 3rd time at Liverpool Echo Arena

Pre-ordered all these

81176-jLU0L._SL1500_.jpg

PS4%20with%20controller%20and%20camera-580-90.jpg

k-bigpic.png

12542d.jpg

12542e-429x550.jpg

10784751-1370965433-955737.jpg

battlefield4ps4boxart.png

Do you really need to buy Madden twice?

I don't want to wait till November to play it, so yes. :p

I thought you could get the PS4 version discounted post-launch if you bought the PS3 version?

Spelunky.jpg

Got myself the PS3/Vita cross play version. I was planning on getting the PC version when it was a bit cheaper but ive been enjoying using my Vita more lately so wanted to play it on there.

I thought you could get the PS4 version discounted post-launch if you bought the PS3 version?

I think that applies to digital versions.

However, I expect some stores to offer the same thing.

Nexus-7-2013.jpg

Posted this before but it arrived yesterday...the display is amazing. Definitely worth the upgrade.

270923619744_1.jpg

Got these to cover the analogue sticks on the Vita. I use the concave ones which are definitely more comfortable / a bit bigger than the size of the original sticks. Worth the £6.

Where did you get it? There's 5% off at Currys/PC World with code NEXUS5 or TABL5.

I was going to buy one today but I weighed it up and decided I'd still prefer a little Windows 7 machine with a keyboard.

Edited by Shorty