N-Europe

Nightclubs are sucky

Paj!

Working in the Co-op, that stuff is the bane of my very existence. I'm fairly certain I've never sold it to anyone much over the age of 20 who also still lived in a building of some description.

As I said, it's got an awful reputation but chavs obviously drink it for a reason; it's cheap and gets you to a good level of drunkeness. I must admit that I don't drink it regularly, I much prefer splashing out a bit on beer but it's worth a try if you're on a budget.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You lot all seem to go to very posh clubs - I've yet to be in a club that has a person that will help with hand washing etc, mostly they are run down and full of girls desperately trying to get into a toilet or doing their make-up.

I only like going to one club - corporation, it's a dump, everything is black and the drinks are cheap. But I've met the best people there, people I can still actually talk to, mostly from the smoking area, its great and it's cheap to get in too.

I do go to other clubs but find I switch in moods, sometimes I need to get dressed up, drink and dance, most of the time I'd rather go to a pub/bar.

Yes I'd agree... Nightclubs are sucky!

Never really got much enjoyment out of going to them... you pretty much have to get drunk as everyone around you is, you have to pay to have a crap time, and bouncers are wankers!

Like you 'wolfy... pub... pint... pool... and good banter is far more enjoyable!

I like nightclubs because that's pretty much the only thing I can do with the friends I got here except for the occasional football match every second month or so. I'm very shy and geeky looking and I didn't have any real life friends before I started on college. Going out on vorspiel then nightclubs with a group of friends from school is the best way for me to be a part of something despite my shyness. They talk, I listen and drink. Going out can be expensive, 5£ to get in and 4-6 for the beer, but it's worth if I can spend time with other people, and I can walk home. Before college I didn't have a friend for three years.

I like a bit of the pub and a game of pool with a pint, but man i fucking love a bit of Oceana. I don't get the whole 'cost' issue, i usually buy a few cans or a bottle of wine before hand which costs me a fiver and then pay for entry, pretty much sorted for the night. I save money by not drinking most nights though, just love being on that dance floor. Sick times.

I hate those toilet people.

They try and give you paper towels and then charge you.

I've been called an asshole by one in America before for not accepting/paying.

I've also been very drunk and given one two quid for... nothing.

Humph...

To make a massively sweeping heteronormative generalisation, it seems to me that girls go to clubs because they like to dance, and guys go to clubs to get girls. So this makes this a bit awkward for both sexes really. I imagine clubbing is more fun if you like both dancing and hooking up with randomers, but I'm interested in neither.

Also, toilet guys are hilarious. I once saw one do a flying kick into a cubicle when a drunk guy locked himself in and couldn't get out.

I always pay the guy in the toilet. He plays the part of an automatic hand dryer excellently and for twenty seconds at a time I feel like genuine drunk royalty. Spend your golden coin wisely, latrine man, for not all urinators are as generous as I.

I also feel bad for them all since I once threw up all over one and therefore owe them as a collective unit for the disgrace bestowed. Peeing is vital for me when I'm consuming alcohol. I need their cooperation. If word got out I'd wronged one of the brotherhood then.. damn... it's probably akin to killing a traffic warden - marked for life; tickets forever.

Edited by Guy

Yeah here too!

I'm not paying some guy to dry my hands, or spray me with cologne... I can do that myself and I'm already wearing some!

In the past there was this black guy who'd stand next to his assortment of fragrances saying...

"Fresh'n up for da Pussaay"

... lovely.

Edited by Retro_Link

I've not encountered any in Corp, Plug, Leadmill (worst. place. ever.) or Embrace.

Lol corp :P

Yeah they're in embrace, soyo, and all those new 'upmarket' clubs/bars (players has opened since you left, and - lol - walkabout has one sometimes, as does yate's -- which has moved from one corner of a block on dev street to the other, now middling between a wetherspoons and a lloyds (which ar enow the same, I think)).

I think that often the deal with these guys is that they actually pay the club/bar a fee in order to have a licence to spend all night in the loos propositioning people, and thus the lynx/chupa chups/bounty is all paid for from their own pocket and it is their genius idea of making money.

I'm sure there are actual companies that 'provide' such gentlemen...

I'm not really surprised that women don't have such a service in theirs. Essentially these guys are a communal handbag for blokes, who also act as a sort of overseer, ensuring that more men will wash their hands lest they be judged!

I tend to over-tip them, while at the same time declining any actual interaction with them.

In the toilets in Reflex the guys shouts...

"Freshen Up Freshen Up"

"You touch it, You wash it"

now this doesnt make much sense to me.... you touch it i assume he means you touch your wang, then he emplys that you wash it...

but i cant say i ever wash my wang after weeing... am i missing a trick here? and cant say that i ever see any other gents at sinks washing their wangs either?

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!