Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Last night I punched my girlfriend in the head

Wesley

While sleeping.

She woke me up, asking what the fuck was I doing and I obviously said sorry, etc.

However!

It made me wonder.

Does anyone here do off things in their sleep?

Apart from occasionally assaulting my girlfriend I'm not aware of doing anything odd any more.

When I was younger I used to sleep walk and do stuff in my sleep though.

Such as walking into the bathroom and flushing the toilet.

I also used to walk into my brothers bedroom, sit on the floor and play (what he described) an imaginary board game.

My girlfriend talks in her sleep all the time.

The other week she called me a wanker (I kid you not) for ruining her waterfall.

?

I know, what the fuck right?

She deserved a punch.

When I started working nights at a petrol station, having previously worked days elsewhere, I had really vivid dreams due to the shift to nocturnalism. I used to think customers were at my bedroom window (on the second floor) or downstairs and I had to serve them.

Oddly enough had a similar experience today. Had a nap and woke up thinking someone had asked if everyone was ready for the group photo and someone had replied "everyone apart from Goafer/Luke". I think I sat up and possibly put my thumbs up ready for said photo. Great times. The reason I say "Goafer/Luke" is that it was either a NE Meet photo or a work photo. It was definitely familiar people.

Not that I'm aware of (although its not like I have bedfellows to tell me) although when I was young and had to share my room with my little brother he used to talk in his sleep all the time. He woke me up once shouting "I TRIED TO CATCH THE RABBIT BUT IT GOT AWAY!"

Well, there was that one time where I woke up while still sleepy, I somehow thought the trash bin in the kitchen was a toilet and started to pee...

Other than that, nothing. I do have a cousin, however, that would frequently go sleepwalking around his house, and pee in a different place each night, though never in the bathroom...

...No, this is not normal in my family :heh:

Some things but have mostly stopped now.

I remember waking up because I was convinced a hornet was attacking me batting my hands in the air and such.

There are also scratch marks in the paint on my wall near the bed, which was worrying me for some time.

Last thing that comes to mind that has actually stopped, I used to get this recurring dream that I felt this immense pressure on my teeth and I could feel them shatter and in my dreams I would always think that this is something I dreamed of before so that is pretty meta.

From what I understand, trouble with sleep is something in the family.

So fuck them genes.

She woke you up, she's lucky she didn't endure a second nightmare fist.

I don't have any weird sleep habits. All that comes to mind, and this is barely remarkable, is that I can usually resume a dream from where I left off if I get back to sleep quickly enough.

Because my bed is in the corner of my room, when I sleep facing the wall and I have a dream when I'm fighting (which is at least once or twice a week), I start kicking and punching my wall. One time, it was so bad, I cut the top of both of my feet, they were perfect circles and they wouldn't stop bleeding, haha.

Oh and also I talk in my sleep, sometimes I shout...

I tried to film myself sleeping after paranormal activity and All I got was ten minutes of me unable to decide what way I wanted to sleep. :D

I think I'm a still sleeper, when I was younger I used to fall out of bed during the night and wake up the next morning on the floor.

Sometimes I take my shirt off while asleep and wake up shirtless and least I HOPE it's me doing that. I'll be creeped out if I sleep shirtless and it goes back on.

:o

now i'm scared.

My girlfriend sometimes starts talking gibberish. I cant make it out at all and she has no recollection of it, but sometimes she'll actually sit up and start talking it for ages. Hilarious.

Me? Well i've walked downstairs to get cereal before but left it downstairs and came back to bed empty handed. I had no idea of the incident until the next morning when I smelt the milk which had clearly gone off, bad times.

I've been described as, quote: "Producing a sound like a UFO shredding a cow really high up." Also I am apparently prone to thrashing around quite a lot which would fit with the odd positions and mangled bed sheets I tend to wake up in.

I once did something similar to Wesley - in my dream, I was being mugged, so I defended myself (I won, obviously). In doing so, my last punch connected with something, in a way that definitely wasn't a dream. I leapt back into conciousness, and my then-girlfriend was going, "what the fuck, what just happened, I feel like I've just been punched?!"

A friend of mine talks in his sleep when he's been drinking, and always in a way that fits with the room's going conversation. At first it was just surreal, but now my friends and I all find it fucking funny.

Last thing that comes to mind that has actually stopped, I used to get this recurring dream that I felt this immense pressure on my teeth and I could feel them shatter and in my dreams I would always think that this is something I dreamed of before so that is pretty meta.

I used to get this dream all the time!

I could acctually feel my teeth coming out as well which was scary and very sore, I'd wake up with very sore teeth :/

The teeth dreams are quite common I think, usually relates to money worries. I used to have them quite often and that link would definitely fit.

I've beaten my (ex) girlfriend a few times in bed. One time I thought an old man with a beard was attacking her so i grabbed the beard and started swinging him round by it. She woke me up to find out what the hell I was doing pulling her hair trying to break her neck.

Another time i simply punched her in the face.

Looking back she certainly deserved it.

Well, there was that one time where I woke up while still sleepy, I somehow thought the trash bin in the kitchen was a toilet and started to pee...

You are not alone, I did that when I was a kid. Except I didn't wake up I was full on sleep walking.

I think I used to talk in my sleep, now I don't think I do. I remember sleeping with a girl once who used to talk and shit in her sleep, that took me a while to get used to, cos I'd be half asleep and so confused, not possibly thinking she was sleep talking but most definitely talking to me. All I've been reported to do is snore a bit these days.

I also urge you all to check out this blog/site, you may have heard of it. It's called Sleep Talkin' Man, and about a guy who sleeptalks, and his wife records it, and blogs every day with something he's done, usually audio clips included, pretty funny shit sometimes;

http://sleeptalkinman.blogspot.com/

Apparently I twitch quite heavily when I'm drifting off, and I know I have flailed on several occasions. I'm sure I'm not far off an accidental assault myself.

Sleep twitches are hilarious. I once kneed my then girl proper hard in the spine from one. Felt pretty bad about that.

Somthing like this happened thismorning to me. I was laying on my right side, which is wierd because i remember falling asleep on my left. All of a sudden my left leg starts thrashing around for no reason. All I think it was was my brain trying to wake me up. Either that or a small sezure.

If someone kills another person while sleepwalking, will they still get arrested?

I'm pretty sure such a case has actually existed. Got no reference atm though, or time to find one, will look into it if I remember.

I'm pretty sure such a case has actually existed. Got no reference atm though, or time to find one, will look into it if I remember.

Some old guy strangled his wife in bed and claimed that he was sleeping. I'm not 100% sure but I think they let him off.

UPDATE!

Last night my girlfriend shouted at me for messing up the mold.

I hope that mold isn't some kind of codeword.

But I'm glad to hear so many other's have punched their girlfriends.

The other week my girlfriend slapped me in my sleep and woke me up.

I woke up and said something like, "Slap me again and I'll slap the shit out of you."

To which she just told me to go away.

Clearly asleep.

I hope.

I also had the same thing as Goaferboy.

I used to work in a warehouse and while trying to sleep I would be half-awake and (day?)dream of carrying stuff, using pallet trucks and often wake-up thinking that I'd left a customer waiting on the bay.

Not being able to escape work even through sleep is the worst.