Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Sounds like I need to put some 90s cheese in it. I have done, but only in remixed form. A bit of Chaka Khan vs Daft Punk goes a long way.

That's all what club music seems to be doing nowadays, just adding a massive bass on old tracks, maybe sung by different people.

Yeah, that happens a lot. I'm not a fan of it myself. It is mainly shit clubs that do that a lot, though. The remixes of old tracks I have are notably different.

If you can find that Chaka Kahn vs Daft Punk - 'Ain't No Television' it is just awesome.

Hmmm, my mentor for my paper is a bit crap. First of all he didn't know what he was supposed to do (give me books/articles/places to find information) so I had to explain that to him. Today I ask if maybe he has some books, and he does... but since they're for his work he can't lend them to me. What?

Now I wonder what the point is in asking him if he can't even help me. He said he'd send me some links (which he was looking up on wikipedia)... I can do that myself. =(

*annoyed*

Good start to the day so far. Have completed my psychology report on emotions and hope it's not too bad. Was up at 8am working on it :shakehead. Just can't sleep passed 7am anymore. Don't know why.

As for the rest of today, erm....... I don't know. I have to start thinking about my english essay due in next monday and I don't know what I'm going to be writing on so I'll spend some time thinking about that but probably do it on modern poetry, even though I dislike the stuff. Other than that, I'll be doing nothing special. Got a stack of games to work through so guess I'll put some of them through their paces.

Eenuh, as annoying as it is, perhaps you might be able to photocopy some of the key points/chapters of the book? It's a similar situation at my uni, getting hold of necessary resources is a nightmare!

Well that was my plan, just copying pages from any books he could give me... but he doesn't seem to plan to give me any. Reason is that they're in a different city or something (probably at his home, wherever that is) and he just can't give them out, not even for a day. Bah. =(

Well that was my plan, just copying pages from any books he could give me... but he doesn't seem to plan to give me any. Reason is that they're in a different city or something (probably at his home, wherever that is) and he just can't give them out, not even for a day. Bah. =(

ask for a different guy? can you discreetly tell your tutor how rubbish your mentor is being and get some different help??

or just do it yourself!!! you sound like you know way more than even the guy who's meant to be helping you. just get his booklist and find them in a library or something!! you can do eeeet!!! :yay:

ask for a different guy? can you discreetly tell your tutor how rubbish your mentor is being and get some different help??

or just do it yourself!!! you sound like you know way more than even the guy who's meant to be helping you. just get his booklist and find them in a library or something!! you can do eeeet!!! :yay:

Couple of problems: he's the only teacher in school who knows anything about (computer) animation, so finding another mentor is impossible sadly. Plus he has to be part of the jury to whom I have to present the paper when it's done.

And I would look for the books myself (I actually already did), but the library has not a single book that's relevant to my case. Might have to end up buying some, but bleh. >.>;

I'm having a good day. This isn't an interesting post so I'd stop reading now.

I made it to my early lectures, got some books out of the library for the first time in preparation for my 100% coursework module to do over Easter :) Its nice and sunny, so I busted out the shorts, I look damn fine if I do say so myself (someone at least has to :().

So yeah, bring on the hall photo and the St Patrick's Ball :)

I made it to my early lectures, got some books out of the library for the first time in preparation for my 100% coursework module to do over Easter :) Its nice and sunny, so I busted out the shorts, I look damn fine if I do say so myself (someone at least has to :().

Don't worry buddy, I imagine you look the shiz too! I love wearing shorts and a wife beater in summer time, gotta soak up those rays! And I promise I'm not coming on to you!

Just had a quick system-link game of Resi 5! Need to buy an xbox memory unit so i can get my save off shorty's HDD as starting with a pistol and no ammo, no money and no upgrades available at chapter 5-1 is just madness.

Meeting course tutor in about 45 mins. I don't really know precisely what I want to say. These things always last about 5 mins. Stupid.

MUST FINISH ESSAY TODAY. I say finish... If I don't finish for tonight then I'll probably be buying a lot of caffeine drinks on the way home, too...

I wore shorts yesterday, and I have them on now, but... it looks cold... brr....

k-blergh!!!!

Q: is it unreasonable of me to call customers after their crap has been sitting in our waiting area for A MONTH AND A HALF just to check they still know it's there...?

A:...NO! 'cause last time i checked we were a printing company not a freaking storage facility O_O!!!!!

...anyhoo! i wanna be on a patch of grass somewhere drinking cloudy lemonade and playing monkey island on my DS.

and perhaps flying my kite. ^______^

but i guess i'll have to settle for the rather nice feeling of the sun on my back through the window of the office... *sigh*

got woken up by a delivery of two tonnes of dolomite and a ton of sand. didnt bother getting out of bed mind, so delivery guys left it on the drive, as they would of any way. don't see what i could of done had i gone to the door. ive got to lay that later today. 3 tonnes of lifting, dumping, digging, flatening. great.

was watching smoking aces that i rented from love film, 25 mins in it freezes. quick investigation reveals the disk could best be described as "scratched to fuck"

i don't get it, how can some one manage that, the disk gose from the plastic envolope to the dvd player back to the envelope. how difficult/time consuming is that?

playing football tonight, not really sure why, i hate football.

I'm on the edge of a mountain. Leaning over the presipise of Self-doubt. :)

There are two paths to take, One leads me into the dark descent down the gaping abyss into a world of chaos and the other pulls me away allowing me to climb higher than ever before!

IT IS TIME TO ACT! :grin:

err... today was ok. One person urked me and I had a nice pudding for my lunch!

Just been to the orthodontist. I've just had braces put on. *cries*

I feel your pain. I'd rather have wonky teeth than have braces again. Cut lips, mouth ulcers and painful teeth every time they are adjusted. Plus the annoyance of keeping food out of the damn things.

No sir, I don't like 'em. Except for picking the colours of the rubber bands. That was like allowing someone facing the firing squad to pick to colour of the rifles. Cool, but still bundled with gloom.

The past few days I woke up with wobbly front teeth! (which seem to stop being so after half an hour max) My sister thinks its cause im grinding my teeth in my sleep. Boo.

I had a lesson today and did 3 point turns! Pretty succesfully if i do say so myself! - ie didnt kill anyone in the process! I dont think i hit the kerb - might have touched the one in front of me.. i didnt quite get the hardbrake up hard enough, so I was still moving. But could have been a whole lot worse =)