Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

I want a job. But I don't want to have to apply for jobs. Filling out application forms is the most boring task ever created. Plus you need to put effort into every one tailoring it to the specific job description and after all that effort you never even receive a reply. Bollocks to it, I'm playing Left4dead, jobs can wait.

Am I the only person to think it's pure awesome given your username that you have a job that involves digging holes? :D

Yeah that's pretty much all I wanted to say... >.>

Even better is a chap with the name Stephen Plows. Best surname ever.

I want a job. But I don't want to have to apply for jobs. Filling out application forms is the most boring task ever created. Plus you need to put effort into every one tailoring it to the specific job description and after all that effort you never even receive a reply. Bollocks to it, I'm playing Left4dead, jobs can wait.

I feel that my brother. Every box is the same until you come to the "What can you offer" section, which you have to spout "enthusiastic" bullshit about the job you're applying to:

I think I'd be a valuable employee at your slaughterhouse, as I kid I always had ambitions of raping killing pigs, sheeps and cows

I am surprised I don't have the bare details of my CV burned into my retinas. I have to keep checking my wallet for my National Insurance number, it's not that hard to remember either :(

Even better is a chap with the name Stephen Plows. Best surname ever.

I read somewhere the name "Thomas Morrow". Ie, Tomorrow.

My friend came up with the best line though: "I guess he must be impotent, I mean, tomorrow never comes" :laughing:

I once met a child with the name Michael Hunt. Also my friend's mum is called Teresa Green. But she married into that surname. And another friend's mum is called Hazel Brown. Also My brother had a friend whose mum remarried when he was a child which meant his name changed to Christopher Christopher (or Chris Chris as he was know for short).

Edited by MoogleViper

Man, I have this one tiny patch of sunburn agitating me on my chest. Got about 90 mins til I leave for the chesspub, so I'm very tempted to de-sober in the vain home it'll ease the agitation... but I'd rather be sober and alert meeting what I presume to be a bunch of older guys, who will all be able to beat me hands down, while probably telling me all sorts of important information I'll need to remember.

I kicked ass at work; 4 hours and I didn't even take my PAID break. I need to get a pedometer to measure how far I've walked.

Jay - congrats on the job, I was going to text you about it and see if you wanted to go to the pub on thursday to celebrate? Try and get anna and andy, jonno, maybe drag dan by his ears..

I have tomorrow off, and I'm in on 11 the next day, so sure. Andy wanted to do something friday night, and I'm not in the mood to organise, so go for it! :D

Oh yeah - I paid six fucking quid for a retainer for my lip. Insane.

Big up to the CAB. I volunteered there.

Fuck yeah. My dad voulenteers for them too, and one time he had a client come in with a plan that my bank administer (or more specifically my department) anyway he rang up and luck of the draw he came through to me. Was epic.

That's actually amazing. Hadn't thought of that.

Although technically, my job doesn't involve drilling/digging holes. I'm supposed to be doing/learning photography junk, but I haven't actually done anything remotely connected to photography today.

My co-worker said something amazing today that I hadn't thought of. We were talking about telling people what we do for a living and he phrased it perfectly "We touch up kids". Because our job is to edit school photos. Amazing.

FTWTBH. Your coworker sounds cool.

I didn't hear back about teh holiday yet....but I got Arkham Asylum, and Daredevil issuez, and arrived home to Puzzle Bobble Galaxy and Pax Romana. Awesome.

Oh yeah - I paid six fucking quid for a retainer for my lip. Insane.

Do you have to wear a retainer...? Well that's a bit shit.

I don't think anyone has noticed my lip piercing (despite the stud is black) because i came into work with a lip ring in and they asked me if I had just got it done. Doh.

long day at work, i sucked at poker but rulled at blackjack (not 21, a different variety)

came home, and arkhem assylem (comic, not game) has arrived!

edit: also, is any one else so glad that big borther has fnal had a bullet put in its head? i feel as though the nations IQ has just risen slightly.

Edited by Chris the great

Retainers are awesome.

Piercing retainers!!!

--

Oh man i've got my freaking driving test tomorrow, aaaaaahhhhh!!!

I feel mega stressed.. having an argument with someone has really not helped... I can feel my blood pressure is sky high again (dizzyness!) i'm just waiting for the migraine to appear..

urgghhh so gonna fail. =(

Good luck with the test Raining. Just try to chill and take it easy. I failed my first test because I was rushing due to nerves.

My second test was pretty crap too. About 2 minutes into the test, I was coming up to some traffic lights. They started changing as I came up to them. It was that awkward should I or shouldn't I type of situation. I ended up slamming the brakes on and the car behind had to stop sharpish too. She didn't need to test me on my emergency stop after that. I figured I'd failed, but apparently it was only a minor (I think. Might have been nothing)

Oh man i've got my freaking driving test tomorrow, aaaaaahhhhh!!!

I feel mega stressed.. having an argument with someone has really not helped... I can feel my blood pressure is sky high again (dizzyness!) i'm just waiting for the migraine to appear..

urgghhh so gonna fail. =(

Get lots of rest so that you're fresh for the test, try and treat it as if it's a normal lesson but focus on doing your best, as long as you do that I reckon you'll be fine.

We all have faith in you Raining, go out there and make us all proud(er). :D

*Mahoosive hugs*

I suppose there has to be a hard/boring bit in order to have any chance of getting work. Application forms just happen to be part of it (the waiting game is another). You have to be careful with sending a tailored CV, some employers can see right through some un-truths as such. I learned that on a Job Centre course i was "forced" onto. Long story, ask christhegreat, he knows about it more recently.

And thats another thing, i hate it when employers do not contact you back. You bother to contact them, so i reckon they should contact you back.

So whilst i play the waiting game, i go on the 360.

I feel that my brother. Every box is the same until you come to the "What can you offer" section, which you have to spout "enthusiastic" bullshit about the job you're applying to:

I think I'd be a valuable employee at your slaughterhouse, as I kid I always had ambitions of raping killing pigs, sheeps and cows

I am surprised I don't have the bare details of my CV burned into my retinas. I have to keep checking my wallet for my National Insurance number, it's not that hard to remember either :(

Unlike you EEVIL, i have the bare details of my CV burned into my brain. I even have the standard questions found on application forms in there as well (ok, i know that sounds sad but it does save me a lot of time in the long run).

I sometimes stumble on the section "What can you offer" or the better one "Anything else to add that could improve your chances of being selected for a possible interview"

In other news

New series of Shooting Stars on tonight 10pm, BBC 2. I'm not holding much chance of it being good from the special at Christmas.

that and REC are the scariest films ive ever seen

urg

I'm fine through the whole of REC till it gets to that fucking room end bit with that huge girl! Christ! I posted about it in the film thread - couldn't sleep, coudln't even put my feet on the ground after it.

Grandmothers birthday today we went to a restauant and I had a pretty awesome pizza. It was simple; chicken, sweetcorn and pepper, but jeez was it nice. Juicy and soft. Just the way I like them.

Other than that I was doing more reading and looking up info this morning. Pretty much decided on what I want. I'm awesome.

The bullet has finally been slammed into my brothers' future at the house. He's off to Germany this weekend to do some building shit and mummy has apparently said when he gets back he needs to find his own place. This practically mirrors what's happening now, he only seems to return to change his clothes and shower [the chap's house he's staying at doesn't have one]

This is both a plus and a minus. Plus because I won't have to deal with his bullshit/lies/messing the house up with his friends. But minus because I'll probably rarely see him, and whatever restraint he showed regarding his drink/drug shit due to being at home will no longer be in effect... I hate double edged raping swords.

edit: also, is any one else so glad that big borther has fnal had a bullet put in its head? i feel as though the nations IQ has just risen slightly.

I am most overjoyed, but I fear at the mystery as to what will take its place.

Today I messed up at the Cinema and accidently double booked people in the same sits! (we have seating plans) Queue a whole lot of confused people in the cinema! :heh:

I also sold people 3 tickets to Bandslam when they wanted The Time Traveller's wife and also some woman left her keys behind. good times, good times!

The rest of my day I watched two movies! :D

My new thing at the moment is falling asleep in my Bean chair at about 2:30-3:00 in the morning! :grin:

I helped Calum move into his new flat today. He actually had a relatively small amount of stuff to move, so the actual moving took less than an hour. I met his flatmate (also called) Calum, who is referred to as "Ginger Beast" or "Beast" for short.

We then cooked Spaghetti Bolognaise together - despite having no cooking oil, but it was successful and tasty nontheless. He has massive bay windows in his living room, and we basically sat and judged and slagged off everyone that walked by on the street below while eating dinner.

I realised while I was having one of those moments where you just lie, and think and contemplate life, on his bed while he was trying to fix his curtains that I was strangely happy. Happy, for no particular reason. Happy, despite the prospect of the horrific weather outside and the massively long bike-ride home.

I've liked alot of people before in my life, but Calum is the only person I've ever felt strongly enough about for me to describe it as love - even though I'm really naive, never having before had a meaningful romantic relationship. I know the relationship will never be romantic, but I love that he genuinely likes me - in that he called me to help him, when he could have called any of his 20+ other friends who live in Edinburgh.

He feels like the big brother I never had. And the kind of big brother you'd want - that gives you advice, buys you stuff and has loads of banter.

ANYWAY, I left at 9pm, rode into town - on a cycle path, yay! - and went to this girl Sophia's 18th at a Vodka Bar. It was a silent disco, and it was great fun. I had 1 mohijto during the whole evening, but was somehow drunk enough to outrageously dance in the middle of a sparse dancefloor with a gaggle of girls in a silent room.

It was genuine fun. I met people I haven't seen since school ended. I met people I haven't seen for over a year. Loads of photos were taken, and I had loads of good chat about uni with people.

Then I cycled home (took about half an hour, with empty roads), had a toffee crisp ice cream and a glass of orange squash, then got into bed, where I am now!