Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

I hax no pound symbolz. :(

Not for long though, as this week = new PC ghet. And out of debt ghet.

Excellent news there.

Had myself a chill-out day. Purchased a 1/2 Cheeseburger, bottle of Pepsi and a pack of Clusters. Watched Pulp Fiction with a few mates, and nearly stank out my mates room.

Well I've come back home (Lincolnshire) for my Mother's birthday. I popped into town today to get my haircut - which meant bumping into few people I know. Although the problem is that some of these people I didn't really have anything to do with anyway when I lived here. And so conversation with them will be a little... awkward. But it's nice to have less hair.

Guest Captain Falcon
I spent the day with three couples. Lovely people yes, but being a 5th wheel makes me feel like shite.

Sigh.

I know that feeling all too well.

But as long as you enjoyed yourself, that's what matters (or so that's what people tell me - not totally convinced it works that way myself though).

I spent the day with three couples. Lovely people yes, but being a 5th wheel makes me feel like shite.

Sigh.

"Juuust call my naaaaAAAaaame.... and Iiiiiii'll be theeere!"

Were these the people from the other forum? :nono:

Wasn't a keys in the bowl scenario was it?

Edited by Retro_Link

Some of you really do obsess over relationships too much. Being single is only as bad as you make it out to be, so do yourself a favour and take a step back. It's hard to see how silly life is if you don't allow yourself enough perspective to drink it all in; I know I wouldn't have made it this far without a sense of humour.

Also, I think we might need to set up a forum fund to get everyone's favourite Dane snipped before he becomes the new Offerman.

Some of you really do obsess over relationships too much. Being single is only as bad as you make it out to be, so do yourself a favour and take a step back. It's hard to see how silly life is if you don't allow yourself enough perspective to drink it all in; I know I wouldn't have made it this far without a sense of humour.

Also, I think we might need to set up a forum fund to get everyone's favourite Dane snipped before he becomes the new Offerman.

I agree with this completely, but then at the same time everyone is allowed to have an off day, I think that's what it is for wolfy :smile:

It's different people who think different things. Some people see being single as something great, but some people don't. I'm one of the latter. Love is such a great thing, and it's terrible to only get it from your family (and a completely different kind of love, mind you)!

I see life like this. Once you step outside the box, it's impossible to step back in. :)

I have a new dream. It's to own an outhouse but instead of using it as a toilet I'd keep a family of Possums in there! They could visit me on alternate Thursdays where I feed them acorns. :D

Now on to my day, I can see clearly now the rain has gone and everyone is outside in the SUN! That means for me a slow day at the cinebox accept for Ice Age 3, mary jane a fair number of people still want to see it!

I also just had a GIANT sausage roll dinner. :o yeah...

I'm all for Singles Rights and The Campaign For Not A Father's Day but when you're amongst a group of, what I like to call, relationship zombies, then it can make you want to blow someone's brains out. Even if you love them.

Anywho. Today I applied for two jobs and...thats about it.

Yes, but I exhausted all my jokes about abject solitude about three years ago, now I'm just depressed. Who did I even tell them too?

I agree with this completely, but then at the same time everyone is allowed to have an off day, I think that's what it is for wolfy :smile:

Oh, I don't have a problem with people complaining now and then; I moan about things all the time — it's one of life's greatest pleasures — I just try to internalise it as much as possible. I just know how easy it is to get caught up in something as I do it all the time, until eventually there's that moment where I mentally walk in on myself and have a good old wry laugh at my own expense.

I certainly wasn't having a go at you, Miss 'Wolf. Partly because I value my jugular, but mainly because, in my own inept way, I just want you to feel better. I'm not trying to change you as I'm a firm believer in people embracing who and all that they are, but at the same time I want you to be able to laugh at the unfairness of things instead of feeling bitter. Which sounds very preachy, but I can't say it's exactly a skill I've mastered myself just yet! I'm certainly not any kind of role model, just someone passing on what they've seen and hoping it might help.

It's different people who think different things. Some people see being single as something great, but some people don't. I'm one of the latter. Love is such a great thing, and it's terrible to only get it from your family (and a completely different kind of love, mind you)!

I never said being single was great, I said it's "only as bad as you make it out to be". It's very easy to feel resentful and misanthropic when keeping your own company but that doesn't help anyone, least of all yourself. Obviously it's never simple trying to change how you think, but if you get in the habit of giving yourself a cognitive slap now and then it can really help you out.

But hey, obviously I don't understand and have no idea what loneliness is, right? Or so my silly side likes to retort sometimes.

Aimless, I know what you mean, and I really wish that I could just not care. But it ain't easy. :hmm:

I hear ya Danny... but life 'aint easy, if it was then what would be the point?

I agree with Aimless that it's important to laugh about it every now and then though, because if you can't do that then life just kinda becomes sad.

Edited by S.C.G