Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Merf.

I really feel like shit today. I've been pretty ill over the past few weeks. My body is not accommodating to the diet which I've started. Blood sugars are very low, my meds are making me feel sick (which they hadn't prior to this) I've lost all will to eat and I'm constantly exhausted. Starting to get into a haze of monsterous migraines. I think I've had a bad headache every night for the past two weeks.

To top it all off, I feel like certain friends couldn't give a damn, and they'll just do whatever the FUCK they please.

I'm off work this week, something I'm supposed to enjoy (I mean look how beautiful the weather is) but I don't think I've ever felt this down in my entire life.

Shit mate, it's always fine for a while then something shit happens again, eh?

^^Sorry to hear Raining, massive hugs.

I just got back from hospital. Basically I haven't been able to breathe properly for about 3 days, along with other symptoms and this morning I had to go to A&E.

They did an ECG, chest x ray, loads of blood tests (including one on my wrist which hurts like hell) and basically found nothing really sinister, but I have low blood oxygen. They don't really know why but because they've ruled out heart attack, lung clot etc; they've sent me home, in the hope that it'll just go away.

So that's great.

... That's... Well yeah. That's not cool. They suggest any follow-up appointments? Gonna GP-it-up?

Also just got back from the hospital. Had a pre-assessment for my wisdom teeth removal. She said I had a nice steady heartbeat. Also she held my hands to check the circulation, but then she told me to rest them. So I rested my left hand on my left leg. But she was sat and my right so when she checked my pulse in my wrist her hand was resting on my penis. it was quite uncomfortable for a while. I'm sure she checked that pulse for longer than she did anywhere else.

And I had to wee in a bottle this morning.

You clearly win Hospital Visit Of The Week!

Awww I'm sorry to hear that Raining and Molly. Hope you two feel better soon. *big hugs to both of you*

I'm a bit annoyed at the moment. My laptop had been messing up for a while already, not giving me any internet connection in my room. I figured it was due to the distance to the router being quite big (even though it actually worked before), but today my laptop doesn't even want to connect while I'm sitting downstairs... wait I just checked and it works in the living room, but nowhere else. =/

Also annoyed because I might have gotten a yeast infection from prolonged antibiotics use. Hooray. =(

Anyway, we might make cake tonight so hopefully that'll cheer me up a bit heh.

Shit, everyone's having a bad day! I've had a good day - karmically speaking, things have gone smoothly all-round. Packed and emptied and loaded and moved and unloaded in less than 2 hours, job seeker's and housing benefits close to sorted, job prospects cheery... yeah. Been a good day getting things out of the way.

Sorry if I've stolen other people's karma :(

My sympathies to all those ill. I've had a cold/sore throat/head the last few days, but it's going away.

I also had a strange twanging pain (lovely way to describe it) in my left calf, but I dealt with it.

In other news; who knew La Roux's album could be a contender for my favourite of 09?

Awwww.... *hugz for Raining, Molly, and Eenuh*

*Manly hug for Moogle* :p

ANyways, I had the worst night sleep I've ever had. If you can call it sleep. Everytime I dropped off, I woke straight back up again. Didn't get much more than half an hour of proper sleep because of it. Tried everything but just couldn't stay asleep. :shakehead Don't know why it was like that but never mind.

Paying for it now though. Went out to Dundee to look for trainers and I'm absolutely shattered. Lying in my bed typing this, which isn't uncommon but I'm so tired I can't sit up. Did find a pair of trainers though but didn't buy them because there was no one in the shop to serve me and get them in my size so I could check they were ok. 20 mins later I just said screw it.

Just spoke to my sister and shes all pissed off.

A few months ago she found out that in 2008 a load of 20ps were distributed without the date on the back and they were quite rare. Shes found a few and managed to sell them on ebay for about 20-30 quid each, obviously at the time she was pretty happy with that.

Now though she saw on the tv this morning that people were talking about them, she checks ebay tonight and people are paying about £200 each for them!

Some dude checking the stock at where I work came behind and asked to check the till for these, telling me they go for 20 quid. I was all sorts of surprised.

Today I worked for 4 hours, how good is that? Also had a pretty good idea last night from watching House. Now if I just took an electronics type of course...

Gotta feel sorry for this guy, hes had his 20p on since June 19th and people are obviously messing with him. It was only on £25 this morning and now its up to £4000

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/20-pence-coin-20p-UNDATED-MINT-ERROR-collectable_W0QQitemZ180370987091QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Coins_BritishDecimal_RL?hash=item29fef2d853&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=65%3A12|66%3A2|39%3A1|72%3A1684|240%3A1318|301%3A1|293%3A1|294%3A50

Just spoke to my sister and shes all pissed off.

A few months ago she found out that in 2008 a load of 20ps were distributed without the date on the back and they were quite rare. Shes found a few and managed to sell them on ebay for about 20-30 quid each, obviously at the time she was pretty happy with that.

Now though she saw on the tv this morning that people were talking about them, she checks ebay tonight and people are paying about £200 each for them!

Ouch that's gotta hurt, I wonder why it's only just in the newspapers? I read the London Mint will give £50 for them but obviously ebay is the way to go. I just had a look and one's up to £300!

I was supposed to have my interview this morning but they rang and moved it to Friday, so I went shopping instead. Had nice lunch from Pret a Manger and got some nice birthday cards and a few little presents.

Edited by Katie

I'm gonna keep an eye out for the 20p pieces at work tomorrow, it should kill sufficient amounts of time.

I aim to look awesome by friday, because I'm so bored of summer holidays already and have nothing better to do, so vanity reigns supreme. I aim to look like an evil version of the old me, complete with darker (not black, mind you) hair and a sly grin. Bitches won't know what hit'em. Like that bit from The Little Mermaid where Ursula looks like Ariel. Like that but less gay.

It's annoying because I could be using all this free time productively, i.e reading some good books, learning something. But I feel I'm so bored, that I just don't have the motivation. Boo.

EDIT: What I actually did today, in line with the thread title; I worked, and it was so damn hot!

Meal with father. Urgh. I pysched myself up to a point of deep "I don't want to go"-ness because its been 22 years, I'm happy with the (non)relationship we have. Don't act as if you want to change it. Anyway go I went. Ended up at the pub I used to work at. After the meal I cleaned out plates away and took it into the kitchen and chatted to the chefs when suddenly some small woman came in and said "what are you doing in here?" but it didn't seem serious and she didn't seem as if she was in a position of power so I casually said "chatting to Mark" and then she told me to leave because I'm not covered in their H&S insurance (although, if I had an accident I wouldn't sue the pub as that's common sense but hey ho).

Anyway then went to meet my mother in Birmingham and wondered round there. And I think that's it. Applying for some more jobs. Got my friend's permission to use her London address. Sneakiness ahoy!

I'm gonna keep an eye out for the 20p pieces at work tomorrow, it should kill sufficient amounts of time.

I aim to look awesome by friday, because I'm so bored of summer holidays already and have nothing better to do, so vanity reigns supreme. I aim to look like an evil version of the old me, complete with darker (not black, mind you) hair and a sly grin. Bitches won't know what hit'em. Like that bit from The Little Mermaid where Ursula looks like Ariel. Like that but less gay.

It's annoying because I could be using all this free time productively, i.e reading some good books, learning something. But I feel I'm so bored, that I just don't have the motivation. Boo.

Completely agree with the last bit. I sat here today thinking "Right, I'm going to do SOMETHING productive today, like go for a long bike ride or something" and instead ended up binging on junk food and watching trashy television. Though, I did watch a couple of episodes of Dexter like you recommended. You can probably guess what I thought of it. :D

(Making hair darker = Yay. The further away from blonde, the better).

Completely agree with the last bit. I sat here today thinking "Right, I'm going to do SOMETHING productive today, like go for a long bike ride or something" and instead ended up binging on junk food and watching trashy television. Though, I did watch a couple of episodes of Dexter like you recommended. You can probably guess what I thought of it. :D

(Making hair darker = Yay. The further away from blonde, the better).

Lies! The only reason I don't want to go blonde is that roots are an effing effort.

And yay for watching Dexter. As usual, told you so :p

back from a late gym sesh. waaaaay quieter but almost 3 times the rpice. i shant be going again.

also, read that girls (scream) aloud thing thats been in the news abit recently. it was so badly written and stupid that i was giggling all the way through. its like, the clearest case of a sexualy frustrated men hating women for not wanting to touch his winkie.

*HUGS TO ALL*

I'm such an oldman these days.

I have not posted for a few days! :) Lil' ol' me hath been busy! (sort of) Mainly saw my friend on Thursday/Friday then again on Saturday/Sunday. OH and my visitation day thing at school which took the whole of Saturday which was fun.

So ALL that has taken up a fair amount of time and then any spare moment I've been indulging in the awesomeness of Wimbledon! :D

Today was much more relaxed. I even had a nap in the afternoon which was great, I might make it my new thing...

Tonight I went out for some Chinese with some of the people from my house at school, food was tasty! :grin:

Thanks for all the love guys, I really appreciate it :)

Ine, if I haven't said so already, massive hugs! Moogle, sounds like you enjoyed your hospital visit too much for sympathy :p

... That's... Well yeah. That's not cool. They suggest any follow-up appointments? Gonna GP-it-up?

Mum rang my Aunt (who's a nurse) and she was really shocked that they didn't investigate why my oxygen was low; which actually served to make me more anxious and my breathing worse, ha.

Earlier I had a few puffs of my dad's salbutamol inhaler and that helped a bit; I do feel somewhat better but it comes it phases, so I'm just gonna self diagnose and treat! If it does carry on I'll go back to hospital and/or GPness.

Well I've succeeded in keeping busy all day. The last night here in the flat hasn't been in any way epic or emotional -- we're all just far too drained to really be excited.

I've got a few cans of cider in, but I'll probably transport them to the new place in prep for a night with a strange new housemate tomorrow. I guess I'll spend the afternoon/evening unpacking my stuff. Nami's giving me what is in essence a bunch of slacks of wood, so I may try and find some appropriately sized screws somewhere and recompile a make-shift book/dvd case thing.

My new house comes with a HD TV and Freeview! BUT THERE ARE NO DRAWERS IN THE KITCHEN. Living opposite a netto and a poundstretcher/saver/land/world may help with these quests.

It's all very exciting really! Even though the next few days will be sorting CV and unpacking... still! Woo!

EDIT:

Molly - low oxygen in the blood sounds kinda like a big deal. Gowaaaan! Give us some other symptoms! Let Dr. Wikigoogle be your saviour.