Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Rate the last film you saw

Katie

Absolutely horrible. The most cliche ridden piece of tat I've ever seen. And yet, it was so bad it was actually rather entertaining, if a little too long

3/10

Paranormal Activity

Absolutely fantastic. I hate horror movies as they immediately lose their mystery after the "horrible thing", or whatever it is, is revealed and they cease to become even remotely scary. This one however, plays on your childish fears of the dark and what you can't see. Made me feel a little uneasy about going to sleep, the last film to do this to me was Blair Witch so if you hated that, give this one a miss.

The one downside is that because there is no music, you have a very quiet film and you can hear everyone whispering around you in the cinema, which becomes rather annoying, so I would recommend waiting for the Blu Ray release and watching it at home with the lights off. Having said that it was fun to hear people scream around you at some of the jumpy bits, especially the finale.

And to consider that the film cost about £9000 to make, it's very impressive indeed.

Oh in case someone asks, I watched a preview that my local cinema was having on Fri 13th, it's not out till the 27th.

9.5/10

I agree with everything you said except for the bolded. I HATED Blair Witch Project but adored this movie so much. PA had things happening all of the time and it had you jumping unexpectedly and feeling a little creeped out. BWP just had you sitting there bored, watching people running in the woods and screaming in random places.

PA is SO much better.

Edited by Animal

Are you spelling Activity with an N Dazzmon?

LMAO, just noticed. I keep on thinking of ParaNormal, lmao. Edited.

worlds-great-dad-poster.jpg

World's Greatest Dad

Brilliant comedy/drama with Robin Williams yet again being brilliant. The story itself was very good and the ending, in my opinion, was great.

8/10

Edited by Animal

the increadable hulk or they made a sequal toTHAT!?

ok, so the film shares little with its predicessor (which is a good thing if you think about it) and still manages to have very little plot, again, this is a good thing.

the action really does take center stage, and i must say, the action is pretty fun.

didnt really get the bad guys motivation, but in fairness, its two hulks fighting, it hardly needs to be deep.

all in all, it was watchable, pure popcorn flick. not bad, just really forgetable.

5.5/10 good, but when your best moment is a cameo from a better super hero movie, your in trouble.

88minutes3.jpg

88 MINUTES

it was okay. good at keeping the suspense. not such a great twist

6/10

eyes-wide-shut.jpg

EYES WIDE SHUT

2 and a half hours. 2 and a half hours of not knowing what the fuck is going on. what did i just watch, what was the plot, what was the point.

4/10

2r40qj4.jpg

THE GLASS HOUSE

it was ok.

6/10

i think i saw another film this week, but i cant remember

Pretty much exactly what I was expecting, lots of spectacle and things being destroyed, stupid bits that made me laugh and me sitting there wishing:

that the Presidents final words would be "Im gettin to old for this shit"

Not as enjoyable as say Independence Day or Day After Tomorrow but good enough.

6/10

eyes-wide-shut.jpg

EYES WIDE SHUT

2 and a half hours. 2 and a half hours of not knowing what the fuck is going on. what did i just watch, what was the plot, what was the point.

4/10

I love Eyes Wide Shut, but I can see why people wouldn't etc, but I have to point out how much I love the reviews on that poster. :grin: "Frustrating".

Paris Je T'aime

Really enjoyed it, it's more of an experience rather than a full film, since it's many short films from many famous and not-so directors. The styles vary incredibly, and the random one about the asian hairdresser, while I clapped, kinda brought down the whole affair. But I preferred it to the annoying vampire/sin city rip-off bit.

Come on Fanny Ardant. Come on Natalie Portman. Come on a multitude of other actors I've seen before.

A good watch, 7/10 or something.

the increadable hulk or they made a sequal toTHAT!?

ok, so the film shares little with its predicessor (which is a good thing if you think about it) and still manages to have very little plot, again, this is a good thing.

It isn't a sequel. They completely started over. These new batch of Marvel films don't really have a great deal of plot - Iron Man probably had less.

Keep forgetting to post this but I watched: Plan 9 from outer space last weekend and to sum up my feeling for it:

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Seriously, it had Bela Lugosi as a zombie but was dressed up and acted like Dracula throughout the whole film!

One of the best unintentionally funny film I have ever seen.

I love Eyes Wide Shut, but I can see why people wouldn't etc, but I have to point out how much I love the reviews on that poster. :grin: "Frustrating".

Paris Je T'aime

Really enjoyed it, it's more of an experience rather than a full film, since it's many short films from many famous and not-so directors. The styles vary incredibly, and the random one about the asian hairdresser, while I clapped, kinda brought down the whole affair. But I preferred it to the annoying vampire/sin city rip-off bit.

Come on Fanny Ardant. Come on Natalie Portman. Come on a multitude of other actors I've seen before.

A good watch, 7/10 or something.

I do wish to see EWS one day, but I won't be able to watch it without thinking about Chuck Bass now.

I enjoyed Paris Je T'aime but as you say, its a scattering of stories which I can't really remember now. Looking forward to New York I Love You (but you're bringin' me doooown)

New Moon

I didn't like the first at all. The acting was terrible, the plot dragged and the ending bored me. I have to admit, I enjoyed this in places. It started horrendously slowly, but as it got closer to the ending it managed to almost claw it's way out of the pits of abysmal-ness.

I can't describe why, but for about 20 minutes it actually became...enjoyable. One thing though. I WANT MORE DAKOTA FANNING. She could see she didn't even need to bother acting, to be better actors than the 'stars'. Then they went and fucked it up with the Eastenders style ending. I half expected the music to kick in as it cut to black.

Start: 4

Final third: 6.5

I'm fed up of seeing these massive world-ending type films having happy endings.

I want to see the world crumble apart and someone's face melt in their own pain and despair.

There was one not too long ago.

Knowing. It's a pretty poor film.

New Moon

I didn't like the first at all. The acting was terrible, the plot dragged and the ending bored me. I have to admit, I enjoyed this in places. It started horrendously slowly, but as it got closer to the ending it managed to almost claw it's way out of the pits of abysmal-ness.

I can't describe why, but for about 20 minutes it actually became...enjoyable. One thing though. I WANT MORE DAKOTA FANNING. She could see she didn't even need to bother acting, to be better actors than the 'stars'. Then they went and fucked it up with the Eastenders style ending. I half expected the music to kick in as it cut to black.

Start: 4

Final third: 6.5

To be fair, half of the book dragged, lmao. Like literally. My friends have told me the movie doesn't live up to the trailer. I never liked the New Moon book at all except for the end but the movie looks so much better.

There's a ton of films I've seen and not rated, usually down to me forgetting what I've just seen.

Oh, also, right now, I've just finished watching Friday 13th Part Three in 3D on Channel 4. My Mum has been saying all week "oooooh, Jim, we should watch this with our glasses and lovely tell. Oooh, it'll be fun, things will be flying out of the screen and it'll scare you."

She talks a lot, so I just nodded and said "ok" when I was making a cuppa tea. I didn't know what I was letting myself in for. However, I do quite like watching these old Halloween-esque thrillers/slashers, whatever they are. But, I'm not too familiar with this series.

First of all, the 3D-ness wasn't too great at all. There didn't seem to be many parts that used it well, apart from maybe about 2 sections in the entire film. Not only that, but I found that it was a pain in the arse actually using the glasses and sitting there watching from where I was sitting. It just didn't work well for me tonight.

Secondly, the film itself is garbage. There just wasn't a point (or a good point) to most events that took place in the film. Not only that, but the characters in this film are so generic and wooden. How surprising is it that there's a sex scene between two of the characters and then a shower scene? Do they have some sort of checklist when they make films of this type?!

Thirdly, I missed Commando...for This. At the end of it, me and my Mum looked at each other and thought hmm, that was a grand waste of time.

3/10.