Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Rate the last film you saw

Katie

Hot Fuzz

Finally saw that film and it's absolutely hilarious. I think I didn't laugh so hard about a film in a long time. I think the main reason is that the film tries to be serious but has so many comical elements.

The story and actors are good as well which adds quite nicely to the atmosphere. And the blood murder scenes as well as the absolutely brilliantly fun ending are the icing on the cake.

8.5/10

I'm not too bothered about Shia Leboeuf either. To me he seems like a mediochre actor who has played mediochre parts that anybody else could do.

Once he plays something challenging and original then I'll be interested. In the mean time he is just another Ashton Hartnett and all those pretenders who are just a face to a character without any real soul.

P.S. Hartnett does get a small mention however for his part in Sin City, if only he could always act like that.

Sideways

Fuck 80s resurrected toy-franchise shite. Fuck kids-book-based paedophilia. Fuck budget genero-horror slashers. Fuck 20-odd male models crying in some polystyrene and fuck theme park ride trilogys. My local multiplex can burn to the ground for all I give a damn. Give me films like this, with characters, and believable dialogue and, praise god almighty, no constant cutting to "keep the audience interested." Apparently this is "art house" now. Long live art house. May the rest of Hollywood burn in the hell.

9/10

he he, i found sideways one of the most boring films id ever seen, i mean, i respected it, like you say the caracters were belivable, but i just didnt care. it wasnt so much an experience as an ordeal.

re watched return of the king today, still think its a great film, and i think i appreciated the emotion alot more this time, i love the speach theodin gives before the army of rohan charge, I love the final battle cry of the men, i love the charge itself, the breathless excitment, the power and energy, then the fear on the orcs faces as the men are upon them, breaking through them like twigs. i think this scene has influenced me alot, certainly has elements i hope to use in my writting (i know, a dyslexic should stear clear but i just can't)

also, i really appreicated the work that went into the films, the make up and props in particular, every sword is perfectly crafted, the armour is fantastic, the orcs stand out as a triumph of the effects industry.

9.5/10

oh, and hot fuzz gets funnier every time i see it, keep noticing little things like on of the andies coming back into the shot to get anouther dodgy look in. classic fun

Memento

Gripping, puzzling but ultimately satisfying thriller which effectively relies on viewer perception to alter and twist the plotline as it gradually and tantalisingly unravels.

A-

I like Guy Pierce. I like L.A Confidential. What else is he in?

I like Guy Pierce. I like L.A Confidential. What else is he in?

The Adventures of Priscilla Queen of the Desert(Awesome) The Proposition(Truely Awesome) The Time Machine, Ravenous(Quite Good, also stars Robert Carlyle) and The Hard Word which was a nice little heist movie.

Guy Pearce in my opinion is one of the better actors on the Hollywood circuit or at least getting there.

Thats what I've seen him in bar LA Confidential and Memento which are two of my favourite films.

I do want to see him play Andy Warhol in Factory Girl though.

The Adventures of Priscilla Queen of the Desert(Awesome) The Proposition(Truely Awesome) The Time Machine, Ravenous(Quite Good, also stars Robert Carlyle) and The Hard Word which was a nice little heist movie.

Guy Pearce in my opinion is one of the better actors on the Hollywood circuit or at least getting there.

Thats what I've seen him in bar LA Confidential and Memento which are two of my favourite films.

I do want to see him play Andy Warhol in Factory Girl though.

LA confidential is a brilliant movie. Factory girl wasn't that great imo.

Back To The Future

Love the scenes where Marty are with his parents in the past, especially with Crispin Glover. Not the biggest fan of The Doc in this tho. He just doesn't seem funny to me. Never realised before that Glover and Thompson, played their characters in both the past and future! Rockin soundtrack too!

7/10

Dodgeball. I can honestly say, my new favourite movie, and the best one I've seen since Hot Fuzz.

Extremely funny, and Ben Stiller is a great actor who portrays White very well.

Remember: 'We're better than you; and we know it.'