Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Super Mario Switch

Retro_Link

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's weird that there is no HUD and I feel like the camera is at too low an angle but other than that it looks good. As Ashely said in the Switch thread, if they delayed the reveal because of Mario then they must have more to show of it pretty soon, hopefully we get more footage and a title next week.

To me it looks like there are bungie ropes along the top of the buildings.

Gold rings, means Sonic is the bad-guy.

I'm concerned by the resemblance to 3D World in the graphics and dust trails as you run and jump etc... because I really don't like the aesthetic and style of that game.

It's a Mario game. There's a Triple Jump and a Long jump. There's a Mexican themed level. There are coins and hearts. The camera looks set like the Mario 64/Sunshine cameras.

Not much else to really see here.

And yet that is everything I wanted to see. ;)

If they dared to unveil another New Mario Bros-game, there would have been blood. Or at least an uproar on the internet. Well, there is always an uproar about anything on the internet, but you get the gist.

This looks very promising. Can't wait to see more!

The Mexican themed level looks like something from a Pixar film, just beautiful.

True, and I'm happy we get to explore more than just a desert-, water- or lava-level. Yes, galaxies just weren't diverse for me. ;)

And there is no HUD yet, but I hope we don't get to see a timer... It's the 21st century. We don't need timers in our games.

Yes, I'm looking at you, 3D World!

Edited by Strange Cookie

The camera angle, those tiles, ugh, this looks disgusting to me. But I'm over it, I accepted we'd be stuck with the lame style of 3D World a good while ago when Miyamoto said something along the lines of "Mario Galaxy is too hard for casual Mario fans". I'd still rather have this than NSMB I guess.

The camera angle, those tiles, ugh, this looks disgusting to me. But I'm over it, I accepted we'd be stuck with the lame style of 3D World a good while ago when Miyamoto said something along the lines of "Mario Galaxy is too hard for casual Mario fans". I'd still rather have this than NSMB I guess.

?????????????????????????????????????

preview.jpg

??????????????????????????????????????????????

It's a Super Mario Galaxy style camera, not SM3DL/W. Dunno what you're on about.

I'm keen to see what new style of play they have in place here. They always switch (HA!) to a new style of 3D Mario after two games (64/Sunshine, SMG1/2, SM3DL/W), and this is not quite like any of the others, so we'll have to wait and see...

?????????????????????????????????????

preview.jpg

??????????????????????????????????????????????

It's a Super Mario Galaxy style camera, not SM3DL/W. Dunno what you're on about.

I'm keen to see what new style of play they have in place here. They always switch (HA!) to a new style of 3D Mario after two games (64/Sunshine, SMG1/2, SM3DL/W), and this is not quite like any of the others, so we'll have to wait and see...

My bad, when first watching I thought it was a fixed camera behind Mario like on these levels:

SM3DW_waterlevel.jpg

After re-watching I've noticed it does move freely! A big sigh of relief. I always overreact to new Mario games, oops :laughing:

That first shot looks like it could be a fixed camera entrance to the level and you're guided down the street.

Really not feeling the Mexican theme. Almost as off putting as seeing Mario run around the human like Isle Delphino in the first Spaceworld trailer. Hope to see more of Mario soon, otherwise I'll just have to play through Galaxy again :p

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!