NEurope
Retro_Link

Super Mario Switch

I speculate that it'll be a Mario game, but on the Switch.

Stars will be involved.

Nintendo-Switch-Reveal-11-1280x720.jpg

Speculate...

It's a Mario game. There's a Triple Jump and a Long jump. There's a Mexican themed level. There are coins and hearts. The camera looks set like the Mario 64/Sunshine cameras.

Not much else to really see here.

Sonic crossover game. Mario just runs forward to the end of the level collecting rings. Won't be shit unlike modern sonic.

It's weird that there is no HUD and I feel like the camera is at too low an angle but other than that it looks good. As Ashely said in the Switch thread, if they delayed the reveal because of Mario then they must have more to show of it pretty soon, hopefully we get more footage and a title next week.

Im more interested to see whats in those numbered drawers.

I thought I was the only one :laughing:

Will hold off any judgement until I've seen more of the game.

To me it looks like there are bungie ropes along the top of the buildings.

Gold rings, means Sonic is the bad-guy.

I'm concerned by the resemblance to 3D World in the graphics and dust trails as you run and jump etc... because I really don't like the aesthetic and style of that game.

OK, I'm just gonna go ahead and say that those Gold Rings have been in previous Mario Games. I wanna say they were in 3D World.

You go through them, you get 3 coins.

The Mexican themed level looks like something from a Pixar film, just beautiful.

Those see-through hills on either side of the second screenshot are interesting...

It's a Mario game. There's a Triple Jump and a Long jump. There's a Mexican themed level. There are coins and hearts. The camera looks set like the Mario 64/Sunshine cameras.

Not much else to really see here.

And yet that is everything I wanted to see. ;)

If they dared to unveil another New Mario Bros-game, there would have been blood. Or at least an uproar on the internet. Well, there is always an uproar about anything on the internet, but you get the gist.

This looks very promising. Can't wait to see more!

The Mexican themed level looks like something from a Pixar film, just beautiful.

This one?

D23-Expo-2015-Pixar-Coco-2.jpg

True, and I'm happy we get to explore more than just a desert-, water- or lava-level. Yes, galaxies just weren't diverse for me. ;)

And there is no HUD yet, but I hope we don't get to see a timer... It's the 21st century. We don't need timers in our games.

Yes, I'm looking at you, 3D World!

Edited by Strange Cookie

I'm getting a Super Mario Sunshine vibe from this, which is great because I love it. This will no doubt be great.

This looks like the Super Mario 64 sequel I've been wanting for the past 20 years...

Oh my God, please don't let it be called Super Mario Switch. In fact, please just don't add "Switch" to the end of everything Nintendo, it sounds insanely dumb...

The camera angle, those tiles, ugh, this looks disgusting to me. But I'm over it, I accepted we'd be stuck with the lame style of 3D World a good while ago when Miyamoto said something along the lines of "Mario Galaxy is too hard for casual Mario fans". I'd still rather have this than NSMB I guess.

The camera angle, those tiles, ugh, this looks disgusting to me. But I'm over it, I accepted we'd be stuck with the lame style of 3D World a good while ago when Miyamoto said something along the lines of "Mario Galaxy is too hard for casual Mario fans". I'd still rather have this than NSMB I guess.

?????????????????????????????????????

preview.jpg

??????????????????????????????????????????????

It's a Super Mario Galaxy style camera, not SM3DL/W. Dunno what you're on about.

I'm keen to see what new style of play they have in place here. They always switch (HA!) to a new style of 3D Mario after two games (64/Sunshine, SMG1/2, SM3DL/W), and this is not quite like any of the others, so we'll have to wait and see...

I'd have been happy with another 3D World, but something closer to Galaxy works too. That Mexican location looks really interesting.

?????????????????????????????????????

preview.jpg

??????????????????????????????????????????????

It's a Super Mario Galaxy style camera, not SM3DL/W. Dunno what you're on about.

I'm keen to see what new style of play they have in place here. They always switch (HA!) to a new style of 3D Mario after two games (64/Sunshine, SMG1/2, SM3DL/W), and this is not quite like any of the others, so we'll have to wait and see...

My bad, when first watching I thought it was a fixed camera behind Mario like on these levels:

SM3DW_waterlevel.jpg

After re-watching I've noticed it does move freely! A big sigh of relief. I always overreact to new Mario games, oops :laughing:

That first shot looks like it could be a fixed camera entrance to the level and you're guided down the street.

Really not feeling the Mexican theme. Almost as off putting as seeing Mario run around the human like Isle Delphino in the first Spaceworld trailer. Hope to see more of Mario soon, otherwise I'll just have to play through Galaxy again :p

We've edited the trailer to get the motion:

Looks more like SM64 with 3DWorld-ish graphics than 3D World 2 to me but we'll see.

I'm getting the impression it's leaning more towards 3D World at the moment tbh. Perhaps also with the console being portable for multiplayer.