Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Twilight Princess HD (4th March)

Hogge

• Replies 721
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I cannot believe how ugly this game looks in 2016, it's aged HORRIBLY. But then fanboys only have themselves to blame for dismissing the Wind Waker when it was first released :indeed: Thankfully looks like Nintendo found a happy medium for Skyward Sword/Zelda U

I think the main problem with the look of 'Twilight Princess' is that the art style is so confused. It's like Nintendo wanted to appease fans who were disappointed by the style of 'Wind Waker' by implementing a 'realistic' style, but were internally conflicted with that approach and so the finished product is sort of a cross between 'OOT' style anime look and a more realistic style that some fans were clamouring for. The conversion to HD only highlights this problem.

I'm still really excited to play it again though, I only played through it the once when it came out.

A few new details from Gamesmaster magazine.

In a short article which also contains a few comments from Zelda producer Eiji Aonuma, the magazine reveals that Epona handles better and Link has increased mobility while swimming. “Looking back now, getting the controls for both land and water just right has proven to be a big challenge throughout the series,” Aonuma said.

GamesMaster also touches upon another change regarding chests in Twilight Princess HD:

“In the original, if your wallet was full and you opened a chest that contained Rupees, the Rupees would remain in the chest and its lid would close. The problem here being that in previous games players used open chests to know they’d visited a location, and this change meant they could no longer do that. Aonuma and his team considered this and reimplemented chests that remain open after you interact with them.”

Having seen how well Wind Waker HD turned out I'd give anything for a HD remaster of Okami.

Add me to the never played Okami crew.

I think we even have the game. Just never got around to it. Looks lovely, though.

There already is a HD remaster of Okami...

OkamiHD_FeaturedImage?$Icon$

Granted it's digital only and on the PS3 - no good if you don't own a Sony machine - but well worth investing in.

: peace:

There already is a HD remaster of Okami...

OkamiHD_FeaturedImage?$Icon$

Granted it's digital only and on the PS3 - no good if you don't own a Sony machine - but well worth investing in.

: peace:

I'll second this! Okami HD is an amazing remaster and easily the definitive version of the game (fun fact. Hexadrive worked on both Okami HD and Wind Waker HD and did an equally good job on both ;) )

Probably a stupid question, but can I buy it on the PS4 shop?
You can't, at the moment you'd need a PS3 to play the HD remaster.

I have that version downloaded, but the version I played at the time was the Wii version. I enjoyed the controls and would recommend picking up that version if it's easiest.

Such a fantastic game! Must be played. You'd love it I'm sure.

I think I probably got a lot more enjoyment from the motion controls than I did frustration. True there were some moments it didn't work as well as it should have, but it just added that something extra. Drawing with an analogue stick seems strange in my mind having played the Wii version, but it must work just as well, if not better because that's how most people have probably played it and loved it.

Those characters. That music.

You can't, at the moment you'd need a PS3 to play the HD remaster.

I have that version downloaded, but the version I played at the time was the Wii version. I enjoyed the controls and would recommend picking up that version if it's easiest.

Such a fantastic game! Must be played. You'd love it I'm sure.

Do note that the PS3 version does actually use the Move controller for the same kind of controls as the Wii version as well (and yes, they work just as well ;) )

Yep, gonna also throw my hat in to the "I played Okami and it was great"

The only complaint I have is that it does drag a little near the end. Would have benefitted from not repeating a certain boss a ridiculous amount of times.

Anyone who's played should know exactly what I'm on about.

:o

Ohhhh play it. NOW :p

For me, it's better than any 3D-Zelda game except OoT.

I disagree as I don't think it's as good as any of the 3D Zelda games :heh:

When I first started playing Okami, I enjoyed it but there was certainly plenty of frustration throughout with brush strokes not registering as desired and I grew to dislike the game the further I got into it :hmm:

It did start winning me round a little again towards the end but I don't think I have the desire to ever go through it again. I'm reluctant to resume Okamiden, too!

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!