NEurope
ReZourceman

Breaking News: Actual person agrees to marry ReZourceman(congrats!)

congratulations, rez! how did you propose? how long did you plan? prepare for wedding planning O_____O

Congratulations ReZ and Claire!!! :D:D:D

I can guess it'll be a Comedy Rainbow/Lego themed wedding. I can see it now.

Claire'll walk down the aisle to an extended version of the Comedy Rainbow theme and wait for you...and wait for you...and wait for you...and then YOU'LL JUMP OUT ON HER and scare Claire! Then when you both make your vows, you'll both write your own and make them full of puns. We'll all get Lego invitations and have Lego flowers and Lego rings.

Then afterwards, we'll drink from Lego glasses and get a Lego cake! We can totally make it work! HIRE ME AS YOUR WEDDING PLANNER! ;)

Nah but seriously, congrats brah!

Congrats Rez! That's fantastic news! She looks a pretty lady too - the boy done good! :-)

Having got married just 2 months ago you're going to have a huge amount of stuff to organise, but try not to get to stressed with it and try to enjoy the planning as much as possible. Best wishes to you both!

Wahey, congratulations! I also want to know how you proposed!

It probably involved chat roulette...

Anyway, congrats man. :)

Scare Claire: Proposal Special?

*Claire walking around the corner*

*ReZ jumps out*

"MARRY ME?!?!?!?!"

Scare Claire: Proposal Special?

*Claire walking around the corner*

*ReZ jumps out*

"MARRY ME?!?!?!?!"

Two months too late, bro; I suggested making the proposal a Scare Claire all the way back at the meet.

Thank you very much for the well wishes guys and gals (and the thrip). :)

Here is the story;

I had planned to propose, probably on the Saturday, and initially I was going to do it as we strolled along the beach (Bognor Regis) (I am aware this is not the most romantic location), however she mentioned previously that she wanted us to go to Chichester on the Saturday, so (being born there) I thought it would be quite nice to do it there, and had now decided to do so in the shadow of the Cathedral - I am not at all religious, but it is a beautiful building.

I had purchased some rose petals that I was going to scatter before getting down on one knee.

Anyway, minor spanner in the old works, she found the box in my bag on Friday night (despite me being careful....hid it in the secret compartment) but she was thoroughly routing around for my camera whilst I was in the toilet. She got a bit giddy and I said "I don't know what you're talking about" etc, and talked it off - anyway, we basically both just ignored this, so in the end it was fine (although at the time I was dying inside).

Anyway, Saturday rolled around, and we went shopping in Chichester and finally got the the cathedral! Now, as we have been together for eight and a half years, we have discussed proposals A LOT before, and I know one of the main (only) things that she actually cared about was that we be on our own. So we crossed the road, and reached the cathedral. It was pretty quiet, however there was one guy near us, so I tried dawdling and taking some photos of a statue - it was go time....but then some more people arrived, so I put the plans on hold. So we entered the cathedral and walked around the cathedral, it was nice (if you like that kind of thing), and we went outside, and I was thinking "Okay this is it now", and we turned a corner and it was kinda perfect - nice little grassy bit, no wind, so could scatter the rose petals, and nice and quiet....

....But d'oh! There was a woman with her dog tucked away in the corner. Could not do it. So we walked off. I was starting to get nervous A) because of the act itself and B) that I would run out of romantic/secluded little sections with no people in, as we walked around the whole building. Eventually, we did indeed run out of stuff, and there were so many people around that I had to abandon the idea. We went to a cafe and other little shops and I was (inside) kicking/attacking things and angry at the bloody woman and her dog just standing there (lol).

So we went back to the car, and I had to think on my feet. We got in the car and I said "Okay, we weren't here as long as I thought we would be, so lets go to Pagham". Now, Pagham is (where I lived when I was younger) and its a very small town outside of Bognor Regis. They have a very small arcade, and then walkway up to the very secluded little pebble beach. I recall that last time we came to Butlins/Bognor, we went to see my old house and I think I tried finding this little arcade but didn't find it. (Oh...one tiny thing I'll mention, on the way to Pagham, we went via my primary school which I had not been to in I guess about 18 years or so - that was weird).

Anyway, we reached Pagham sea front, with a nice little free car park, little cafes, and the arcade. We went in the arcade first, and memories came flooding back to me of a small 20p ride I used to go on as a child - and also, I'm not being funny but....the arcade had the same curtains I had as a child - Thomas The Tank Engine. How is it that you don't see these curtains for 20 years, and then boom as soon as you visit the place where you lived, you see them - convinced they were my ones. Also loved the machines in there including some real old school ones like a pinball one and a bagatelle one with a £5 prize. We spent about 10 or so minutes in here, and eventually left, and headed to the sea front.

It was really nice, not super windy, looked really nice, it was quite a clear (but brisk) day and you could see quite far, and there were some nice benches. This was all perfect I thought, the only problem being there were a lot of dogs and dog walkers. We sat on the bench and luckily after about 10 minutes, most of the dog walkers had gone. The only people remaining were a couple of Polish people behind us, but they were quite far out of ear shot and keeping themselves to themselves.

So, now getting nervous as hell, I put my hand in my pocket (where the ring and bag of rose petals were) and started getting the rose petals in my hand. The only problem was that it was making a huge amount of noise - the bag it was in (just a small clear plastic one) was rustling so much in the silence. So I put my hand in my bag and got out a tissue, pretending that my nose needed a dab. I decided to just ditch the rose petals, so I grabbed the box, got down on one knee, and Claire said something like "Oh my god", and I said that I loved her very much and that I wanted to marry her and so would you marry me?, and I opened the box, and then she said yes and started crying.

I then apologised that I did it in Pagham, which is not renowned for its romance, and then showed her the roses and explained my initial plans.

And we are now engaged.

547024_10153236885840581_1513648178_n.jpg

Congrats Rez, have you got a timeframe planned for the day yet or is it "just wear the ring for a bit and we'll procrastinate over the planning"

It will definitely have to be a long engagement. #Poor

I foresee LEGO Minifigure wedding cake toppers in the future.

Congratulations dude!

This stuff is all down to Claire, as I don't mind too much what actually happens at the wedding. Definitely want Invincible represented in some way though.

Why stop there? Find a baker who can make edible LEGO pieces and have them build a wedding cake!

And speaking of...incidentally...Magnus has made the wedding topper for my Sister's wedding this weekend. I will post pictures when I get back. :)

congratulations, rez! how did you propose? how long did you plan? prepare for wedding planning O_____O

@bluey and @Emma, here is the post with the proposal etc.

I had planned this for about two months or so.

Wahey, congratulations! I also want to know how you proposed!

Congrats Rez, and props for proposing wearing an Invincible tshirt! ;)

There was one thing that I KNEW had to happen my end, and it was wear an Invincible shirt whilst proposing.

Mind you, I pretty much exclusively wear Invincible shirts anyway. :P

1233356_10153237102760581_983693945_n.jpg

Edited by ReZourceman
Automerged Doublepost

Awesome story, @ReZourceman.

The whole part about not doing it at the cathedral and kicking yourself about it brings me back the years to not asking girls out and getting annoyed at myself for not doing it afterwards.

Congratulations, brah.

I will kick any stationary women that I see with their dogs in tow.

That is all kinds of adorable. I think in your situation I would've actually explained the situation to the old lady and asked if she could leave for five minutes or so. :p

Awesome story and result Rez. Congratulations to you both.

Claire is such a lucky lady to have a creative, funny and full-of-life guy to be there for her and to keep her smiling.

I wish you both the best possible future together.