N-Europe

PlayStation 4 Console Discussion

Retro_Link

It's all well and good saying better check if I have the funds but there are obviously people who live pay cheque to pay cheque. It's their decision if they decide to live like a pauper because they wanna dumb a ton on a console at the beginning of their month!

I think it's a bit unfair of us to cast scorn upon those living this way, we are all gamers as long as don't steal to get there who cares...

True, and i do feel sorry for those who got cut short by Shopto not giving notice to the customers about early processing. And with a console coming out so close to Christmas, as you said living like a pauper to fund such an expense does seem idiotic and dumb.

Whereas some smarter people may have been putting money into a separate account ready for this, and havn't been caught short as it were.

True, and i do feel sorry for those who got cut short by Shopto not giving notice to the customers about early processing. And with a console coming out so close to Christmas, as you said living like a pauper to fund such an expense does seem idiotic and dumb.

Whereas some smarter people may have been putting money into a separate account ready for this, and havn't been caught short as it were.

Actually that was a typo I meant to say DUMP money on a console. I wasn't calling them dumb.....

Anyway it would be much appreciated if people started adding my new PSN account flameboyCA....I'm slowly working through a list of my friends but it's a royal pain in the ass to add 100 people!

You guys calling out buyers with concerns about ShopTo taking money early are being a little shortsighted. They are not dumb, or idiotic. £400 unexpectedly coming out of your account is not on, regardless of your financial situation.

People need to budget for this expense, I managed to pay it off a couple of months ago, but I have had ShopTo try take money before without the funds being there. This is purely down to the way I manage my finances, I have three accounts; savings, current and joint, and move money around depending on circumstance.

You guys calling out buyers with concerns about ShopTo taking money early are being a little shortsighted. They are not dumb, or idiotic. £400 unexpectedly coming out of your account is not on, regardless of your financial situation.

People need to budget for this expense, I managed to pay it off a couple of months ago, but I have had ShopTo try take money before without the funds being there. This is purely down to the way I manage my finances, I have three accounts; savings, current and joint, and move money around depending on circumstance.

I agree. The way I see it funds should be taken when the console is ready to ship. 10+ days plus beforehand is a joke.

Shopto can claim they want to get started as early as possible but hey they are no busier than other retailers yet none of them seem to be doing what they are doing.

Edited by liger05

I don't understand how it is really all that unexpected. You have committed to pay for a games console that is shortly being released.

Nowhere on the ordering page did ShopTo state that they would only charge shortly before delivery - many regular ShopTo users know that for 'big' releases, processing can happen a while before. It would've been nice for everyone to have got the email, but I've got no sympathy for that guy in the article that is literally living on the edge and then complaining that ShopTo didn't start processing when he wanted them to. It doesn't even hold as an argument since even with the notification e-mail he still wouldn't have been paid in time to cover it.

I don't understand how it is really all that unexpected. You have committed to pay for a games console that is shortly being released.

Nowhere on the ordering page did ShopTo state that they would only charge shortly before delivery - many regular ShopTo users know that for 'big' releases, processing can happen a while before. It would've been nice for everyone to have got the email, but I've got no sympathy for that guy in the article that is literally living on the edge and then complaining that ShopTo didn't start processing when he wanted them to. It doesn't even hold as an argument since even with the notification e-mail he still wouldn't have been paid in time to cover it.

hence why I wont use shopto.

And in my experience (and a few others i know of), Amazon do fail to deliver things at launch.

Last year my bro's wii u was delievered on launch day and mine wasnt. After calling the courier and being fobbed off I called Amazon to complain and they said they would guarantee I got it that day. They got hold of the courier did all the hard work and console was delievered within an hour.

I know that might not the be the same for everyone but for me I dont think every retailer would of done that.

I used to use shopto and generally it was good but some games never turned up on release date and like I said hearing them debiting peoples account this early doesnt sit right with me.

Edited by liger05

I agree that the example given in the article clearly could not afford a new console, and anybody who lives from paycheque to paycheque shouldn't be buying luxury items. My point was that a lot of customers got caught off guard, and to not receive an email notification 2 weeks prior to the console release stating money will be deducted is unexpected. It doesn't matter whether this is your first purchase or hundredth, ShopTo were at fault here.

I love ShopTo, and all my console and game purchase are made through them. I have also dealt with customer support on several occasions. Once being a faulty PS3 slim, which they replaced instantly and with no fuss. It just appears the communication needs a little work.

I love Amazon's customer service. They have always been quick to sort out any issues I've had, very polite as well. The last few games I've ordered from them have arrived on launch day, so no issues in that regard. You pick that Free Super Saver delivery though and they aint in no hurry to ship your item.

Although their customer service is great, their actual service isn't the best. Amazon don't always get stuff to you on release date while ShopTo usually get games to you before release. I'm not sure who Amazon are using to deliver consoles but ShopTo are using DPD. They tell you a 1 hour window when they'll deliver on the morning of the delivery date. That's how all deliveries should be.

My card was charged by ShopTo this morning! :D

Good timing as well as it should be on my next statement after the one that's due to arrive so hopefully I won't need to actually 'pay' until late December/early January which is a welcome surprise. :)

My card was charged by ShopTo this morning! :D

Good timing as well as it should be on my next statement after the one that's due to arrive so hopefully I won't need to actually 'pay' until late December/early January which is a welcome surprise. :)

I just decided to pay mine last night (just to be sure) lol :grin:

In other news my P4C turtle beach headset arrived today.

9 Days to go!

tumblr_mhvg36gW5D1s5o3aso1_400.gif

Edited by Cookyman

I cannot believe what I am reading about Amazon's customer service.

- Amazon Delivery is shit.

- Chat is shit.

- I hate them.

I am sure you all read about the clusterfuck that was my Iron Man 3 order. It had a number of problems;

- Received an e-mail saying I got upgraded from first class to release day delivery at no cost/a saving.

- Didn't receive it on release, so complained.

- Saving of postage not shown in invoice.

- Saving of price reduced not shown in invoice.

- Representative I spoke to didn't know about any of this stuff (I got it all automatically but didn't know).

- It took 90 minutes. It was awful, awful, awful. Unprofessional shit.

And then this week;

- They attempted to deliver my game and failed (do not know how).

- They e-mailed me saying they would try again on Monday because Amazon Delivery don't deliver at weekends. I re-arranged delivery to my work.

- Got an e-mail on Saturday stating they delivered successfully to my work. So I had to go to work to pick it up.

And as Sheikah says, they never get stuff to you on release.

I think they are complete and utter dog shit.

Whereas Shopto have been flawless, and my interactions with them have always been flawless. They go above and beyond - send games early, show you photo, let you know by e-mail all kinds of extras (i.e. Watchdogs delayed, we are charging card early, etc), good prices, loyalty scheme, free NORMAL FUCKING postage (i.e. if I'm not in, I can pick it up from Post Office), good customer service, expansive and easy to use website, good pre-order system. They are absolutely brilliant. A lot of places could learn from them.

I've never dealt with Amazon.com, but....technically speaking this guy still had a shitty time before getting a free PS4. I WOULD be happy with a free PS4 but the dude says he spent 4 days fucking around with them.

Whereas Shopto have been flawless, and my interactions with them have always been flawless. They go above and beyond - send games early, show you photo, let you know by e-mail all kinds of extras (i.e. Watchdogs delayed, we are charging card early, etc), good prices, loyalty scheme, free NORMAL FUCKING postage (i.e. if I'm not in, I can pick it up from Post Office), good customer service, expansive and easy to use website, good pre-order system. They are absolutely brilliant. A lot of places could learn from them.

For the reasons above and more besides, this is why I will only order consoles from ShopTo, because quite simply... they get the job done. : peace: