N-Europe

PlayStation 4 Console Discussion

Retro_Link

No hardware details whatsoever!? Are they hiding something I wonder...

Really good anouncement. Exceeded my expectations.

Its pretty much what the rumours were and 8GB of GDDR5. Hardware is awesome. But it will be expensive. Its aimed at more hardcore gamers than the other two.

Did you miss the beggining? They basically confirmed all the leaked specs are true

I don't mean the specs themselves, but rather the hardware design and feature set (memory card slots, HDD size, BD disc support, always online required etc)

Strange that they've shown nothing of that at all. Even the Wii U unveil showed off the hardware itself and they went out of their way specifically not to focus on the console hardware/specs!

The interface and UI features are amazing! Gaikai was certainly a worth acquisition if this is the result! That's the most exciting part of the console for sure. But the lack of those details raises a red flag for me...

Edited by Dcubed

I don't mean the specs themselves, but rather the hardware design and feature set (memory card slots, HDD size, BD disc support, always online required etc)

Strange that they've shown nothing of that at all. Even the Wii U unveil showed off the hardware itself and they went out of their way specifically not to focus on the console hardware/specs!

They said it at the start. It has a hdd, Blu Ray etc. Specifics are for later.

Well the first Wii U announcement showed the gamepad. No console was shown.

This was very good from Sony and something I would like to see nintendo do. They didnt show or tell everything but there was more than enough.

The confirmation of 3rd parties on board for one makes what nintendo have done so far regarding 3rd party wii u support look so bad.

Edited by liger05

Well the first Wii U announcement showed the gamepad. No console was shown.

This was very good from Sony and something I would like to see nintendo do. They didnt show or tell everything but there was more than enough.

The confirmation of 3rd parties on board for one makes what nintendo have done so far regarding 3rd party wii u support look so bad.

Very true. It's looking very solid for them so far. All in all, it's a solid unveiling and the console shows some real promise with its new online features - that's the real star of the show here.

The games themselves look underwhelming from a graphical and gameplay (Watchdogs excepted for the latter) perspective, but it's the online features that look so exciting. The prospect of having instant streaming demos and background downloads of games you're playing sounds simply incredible!

Gaikai seem to have really come through in a big way for Sony here. The question of course lies in the execution though. How well will it really work in practice?

Edited by Dcubed

Overall view about the event today:

Console has a lot of potential. There is a serious possibility of Sony getting back into the swing of things with this thing. The openness of it, the community aspects, the actually decent hardware specification by console standards for their price range.. Looking forward to hearing more. The Wii U is going to have a hard time justifying itself and I can't wait to see Microsoft respond.

But, a lot of it left me very confused. Why are we dealing with the tech demo shenanigans again? They very rarely are faithful to the final product, no matter who is showing it for what platform. Show us some gameplay, sheesh. The biggest offender of this complaint is the fucking dumbasses who thought it would be good to demonstrate the power of the console with a fucking face. Sure, it's impressive, but in what situation would allow just one fucking face on the screen in a video game to drain all of the consoles power? What about other characters? What about other faces? What about the scenery? Classic bullshit.

Another thing that strikes me as odd is there apparent low standards for third parties stepping up to the mic. I'd laugh Square Enix out the fucking building if they came up to me and said that's what they were intending to show case. Destiny is a big deal considering the hype, so I'll let that slide. But c'mon, allowing certain over devs to come up to the mic and announce ports? Especially Diablo 3, I was expecting something decent after the guy was bragging about how making console games was in the studios blood.

This is stuff they should have saved for E3. The first part of it was spot on, going through the mission statement and how the machine works, whilst showing some content. Maybe they just had it go on for too long? I don't know.

I'm impressed. They showed more than I was expecting.

Killzone looks great

Infamous, well I'm an Infamous whore so bring it.

Deep Down looks the shit

Watch Dogs is drool worthy

Destiny looks nice

All Sony have to say now is it play used games and I'm there day one.

The online features sound awesome. Streaming demos, playing games your downloading, uploading videos etc. Good stuff.

The games themselves look underwhelming from a graphical and gameplay (Watchdogs excepted for the latter) perspective, but it's the online features that look so exciting.

The games look insane. I am not sure how you can look at those Killzone 3 screens and say its underwhelming.

ibkLh2II7UZlqe.gif

iSylqprP2LVet.gif

High res screens in the thread

The games look insane. I am not sure how you can look at those Killzone 3 screens and say its underwhelming.

High res screens in the thread

Providing the footage of the new Killzone is legit, it's definitely a massive leap.

But personally, I'm not believing anything until things get a little more concrete and are able to be played outside of intended parameters, such as demo's available to the press and public etc

I found that really dull overall. I'm really excited about the capabilities of the console, but the games announcements were pretty terrible Killzone *yawn*, Not Grand Turismo *sigh*, Infamous *again?*, Diablo 3 *really!?* and why were Square-Enix even there?! It was all smoke and mirrors and some obvious pre-rendering with a UI attached.

The best news I've heard all day is that Watch Dogs is coming out on the Wii U.

I found that really dull overall. I'm really excited about the capabilities of the console, but the games announcements were pretty terrible Killzone *yawn*, Not Grand Turismo *sigh*, Infamous *again?*, Diablo 3 *really!?* and why were Square-Enix even there?! It was all smoke and mirrors and some obvious pre-rendering with a UI attached.

The best news I've heard all day is that Watch Dogs is coming out on the Wii U.

The games were playable. Yes there were some tech demos but Killzone was playable and the video we got was uploaded by the ps4 to facebook. If anything expect Killzone to improve more. It was clear the games looked rough and early. Drive Club also had some bad pop in for example.