N-Europe

PlayStation 4 Console Discussion

Retro_Link

I hate watching someone talking about games in the general media :hmm: Nobody has a clue about anything :nono:

Tell me about it, i get the feeling they don't want to discuss them at all so never have anyone who knows anything about them, they just go out in the office and ask for the journalists who's kids play games then find the "best" of that bunch

e.g. a scenario i imagine happens in the bbc offices

Editor: "we need an article on a video games console, who here knows about it?"

reporter : "jenkins said he bought a playstation for his kids birthday,he was talking about how he didn't realise how different mario looked since he was a kid, and using the silly controllers like those ninja weapons was funny to watch"

Editor: "jenkins your doing it"

I'm not a Sony guy, but i'm planning on only getting 1 console for the next generation (minus the 3DS i already own). As for what, i'll decide after Microsoft have revealed what they are offering.

Rumours for what the PS4 can do are tempting me, but i'll wait until Microsofts offering comes about.

I'm not a Sony guy, but i'm planning on only getting 1 console for the next generation (minus the 3DS i already own). As for what, i'll decide after Microsoft have revealed what they are offering.

Rumours for what the PS4 can do are tempting me, but i'll wait until Microsofts offering comes about.

I'm done with Mircosoft, personally. The 360 was by far my most used console this gen because of the controller, but the exclusives were just as lame as it gets. Gears Of War, Halo, Fable and Forza. Hooray? A gaming PC+ a Sony or Nintendo console is clearly the way to go.

It's all so damn exciting - makes you wonder what E3 will reveal?

BOHcu.gif

iyNKhjCPJLQQO.gif

So who's coming online later so we can all act like this guy?

3ORN5.gif

One last thing, I hope the press are more excited than they were for this!

tumblr_m2njyrvJwA1rtfdl3o1_400.gif

I'm done with Mircosoft, personally. The 360 was by far my most used console this gen because of the controller, but the exclusives were just as lame as it gets. Gears Of War, Halo, Fable and Forza. Hooray? A gaming PC+ a Sony or Nintendo console is clearly the way to go.

That makes no sense whatsoever but if your unintelligible comments mean your going for a Sony then I concur wholeheartedly :grin:

Probably is, but i'll wait and see what Microsofts offering is before making my decision as to what to get. I chose to get a 360 when Nintendo announced the Wii and Sony announced the PS3, but i still got a Wii eventually.

Starting my saving already for what potential console i could get, got close to £300.

The little part of me that hates Sony is sneering at this event, but it's just a small imp. My curiosity is far greater than any left-over pettiness.

For the good of the industry, I do hope Sony contain themselves and don't pull off another fiasco like the announcement-and-release of the PS3.

Go take a look at Crysis 3. Then tell me with a straight face that the next generation isn't going to blow your mind.

Crysis 3 is the perfect example of why any graphical improvement we can see from now on will be negligible, yes.

Sony have been good to me the past few years. Great system, great exclusives. I have no reason not to be excited about their new system - especially with the way Microsoft is headed lately. They're the ones who really need to sell me on their next console, not Sony.

I have all three consoles this generation, but I won't be doing it again.

Having now bought a capable PC for gaming, I think you're right that a complimentary console for lazy sofa gaming and then a PC for the high end stuff is the way to go.

Go take a look at Crysis 3. Then tell me with a straight face that the next generation isn't going to blow your mind.

Visually perhaps but that game reviewed like backside because it's a game.

If that's what the crux that the PS4 or Durango have to offer then count me out.

Yes its worth getting fibre. As speeds increase your pings will fall. I think BT/Virgin offer higher top speeds(and good routers?) but other providers will also sell nice packages (EE, Sky etc.) with other benefits.

Many people here will have trouble spreading a full Fibre speed around their house till Wireless AC and the new homeplugs come end of the year. Personally I am tempted to use Cat6 wiring somehow with a switch or two. My Wireless N router works well with full speed in 80% of the house.

2477261077.png

I find it sad that my connection is faster than 99% of the country...

Tempted to move over to BT for PS4?

Would be awesome. Easy youtube/movie uploading as streams are already video?

I just did a speed test there now..

SpeedTest_zps1c4c5edb.png

:cry: