NEurope
Retro_Link

PlayStation 4 Console Discussion

My flat is pretty dusty, I should really have a look inside mine...

The pro has an easy to take off lid. Dusting the fan is always good.

Just as a warning, don't use your hoover extension or anything, they can cause a lot of static and fry circuitboards. Same with the static in a duster. Also, don't you void your warranty by taking that part off the original PS4?

What is the best way to dust your PS4? @Fierce_LiNk's one sounds like a spacecraft hoovering through space or something. I'm amazed it hasn't burst into flames yet. :P

What is the best way to dust your PS4? @Fierce_LiNk's one sounds like a spacecraft hoovering through space or something. I'm amazed it hasn't burst into flames yet. :P

Just buy another one?

Turn it off at the mains, UK plugs ground the device so leave it plugged in. Hoover along the vents or use a hoover attachment with the plastic brush on the end. If you do open it up, can of compressed air or microfibre cloth. Best bet is just to keep the area around it clean by dusting the shelves or whatever every couple of days. If the area its in is clean, it won't draw as much dust in through the fans.

Just as a warning, don't use your hoover extension or anything, they can cause a lot of static and fry circuitboards. Same with the static in a duster. Also, don't you void your warranty by taking that part off the original PS4?

You do.....if you do it in the warranty period, my warranty expired so it was no biggy.

I used an anti-static brush and cloth to clean mine out, tipped any loose dust on the floor and hoovered up afterwards.

It's still really annoying that trophies don't sync unless you view them.

While at work, I fancied browsing through the HZD trophies I've gotten since Saturday, but the game doesn't even show up in the PS app, since I haven't opened the trophy screen on my PS4 yet. Couldn't it at least sync once when you turn the PS4 on?

Actually, maybe it does, I very rarely turn it off fully...

Whether this turns out to be anything more than a cool tech demo remains to be seen, but it's a solid trailer nevertheless.

With the amount of games you own that's not far from the truth :P

Final Fantasy XV seems to be £9.99 on the store. Perhaps a good deal?

Wonder what the other deals will be this week?

Final Fantasy XV seems to be £9.99 on the store. Perhaps a good deal?

Wonder what the other deals will be this week?

Not a deal, it was a mistake.

I went to go and buy it and saw it wasn't being honoured :(

Bit too late to mention this now but for future reference, it showed a discount price of £20 or something until you logged in with a Plus account.

Turn it off at the mains, UK plugs ground the device so leave it plugged in. Hoover along the vents or use a hoover attachment with the plastic brush on the end. If you do open it up, can of compressed air or microfibre cloth. Best bet is just to keep the area around it clean by dusting the shelves or whatever every couple of days. If the area its in is clean, it won't draw as much dust in through the fans.

Do you not unlug and press/hold power for a bit(tbh can do it plugged in if turned off tho) to discharge any capacitors? I'd recommend to anyone opening up anything electrical just in case there's still some charge hiding in there! Unexpected shocks can be quite shocking!

Classic Harvest Moon games head to the PS4.

PS2 GAMES ARE COMING TO THE PS4!

We're very excited that as part of the 20th anniversary of Harvest Moon, we have been working closely with Sony on some titles for their PS2 on PS4 program. While we can't reveal quite yet when these titles will be coming, we can say the first one will be SOON! Stay tuned to our Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, and Instagram for more news on these titles and more 20th anniversary celebrations, including contests and Throwback Thursday posts featuring your favorite titles from years past.

A Wonderful Life's trophies have popped up. Looks like this is one of the games coming to PS4.

Oh man. Dem feels with this game.

Back to Nature though, that shit was real.

A Wonderful Life's trophies have popped up. Looks like this is one of the games coming to PS4.

That's great news. Was my favourite of the 3D games I played on Gamecube. Hope playing Stardew Valley right now doesn't burn me out :p

According to the US PlayStation blog, Harvest Moon: A Wonderful Life is set to release this week. Hopefully it will be the same for us.

Gitaroo Man is probably the only PS2 game I'm desperate to see on PS4. If it ever gets released, I'd be perfectly happy to get rid of the worst system I currently own :grin:

Last night while watching Netflix I went to turn on my controller to pause the show for a minute...long story short neither of my PS4 controllers will connect to the console even while plugged in and charging.

No time to troubleshoot today though so maybe tomorrow :/

Last night while watching Netflix I went to turn on my controller to pause the show for a minute...long story short neither of my PS4 controllers will connect to the console even while plugged in and charging.

No time to troubleshoot today though so maybe tomorrow :/

This has happened to me - only way to fix it was hard power off the PS4 by holding down the power button until the beep. Then they worked fine to start it up.

This seems to have happened after waking up from a system resume.