NEurope
Retro_Link

PlayStation 4 Console Discussion

Not sure but all notifications can be turned off. I turned them all off except party/game invites a long time ago....

Not sure but all notifications can be turned off. I turned them all off except party/game invites a long time ago....

And also except for "Sheikah" or "Zell" came online notifications...right guise?

So I boot up the PS4 for the first time in a week and a bit and i see these notificaitons for communities that I haven't joined. "Indian Trophy Hunters" "GTA Role Playing" and a spanish rainbow six community...when I look at the front page of these communities they just say "join this community" and so on. Why am I getting notifications for comments in communities that i'm not even a member of?

I got one from Indian Trophy Hunters too. Weird.

Seems Mark Brown is enjoying folders:

[tweet]775631399785201664[/tweet]

Nice to see I'm not the only one who has fun with folders!

My 3DS menu is both witty and organised! Not like @Dcubed's. That thing's a trainwreck!

Seems Mark Brown is enjoying folders:

[tweet]775631399785201664[/tweet]

If you sort games via genres then two folders are enough:

Indies

Brown shooters

It was a joke, people.

If you sort games via genres then two folders are enough:

Indies

Brown shooters

It was a joke, people.

Don't forget the third folder...

HD Remasters

;)

I'm not the biggest fan of the new update. I hate the new layout of the What's New Look section and whoever decided to make the notifications have a white background wants shot.

I do like being able to change my profile background, though. I thought this went alongside my Triforce very nicely.

Zelda_zpsn1dbo9em.png

I actually like the new white background. Feels more clinical and futuristic. :D

Trophies for Red Dead Revolver have popped up on Exophase. I loved this game on the PS2 and may have add this my ever growing PS2 games collection on the PS4. I'm not happy there's no platinum. :weep:

I'm not the biggest fan of the new update. I hate the new layout of the What's New Look section and whoever decided to make the notifications have a white background wants shot.
Agreed. Horrible change. :shakehead

I do like being able to change my profile background, though. I thought this went alongside my Triforce very nicely.

Zelda_zpsn1dbo9em.png

Yeah, now this is a cool feature. Great choice of image on your one BTW. icon14.gif

I went through my friends list yesterday, seeing who had jazzed up their profile. :D

Some people just hate change :p I think the notifications look much nicer and more modern, you'll get used to them and quickly forget what they used to be like.

Heck, as long as they don't do an Xbox and slow the OS down by 20% every time they update, they can do what they want.

Very happy with the new Quick Menu although wish you could put power below customise (can you hide customise?)

Zelda_zpsn1dbo9em.png

Tbh when I first saw your post I was very 'waaaaah?!' seeing Link on the background!

I've only played a tiny bit on my PS4(he says, playing from 10 til 3 last night) and it feels a bit funny. Not sure about the Notification colour flip, preferred it the old way - and so far the bits I've seen of the quick menu and share - so many more options! Need to properly explore it a bit more, but so far I've just found it a bit overwhelming compared to the simplicities I was used to! Gonna look at it more this evening though. I was recently messing with themes etc so actually having a custom background might be something I'll take up.

Zelda_zpsn1dbo9em.png

You're officially doing better advertising for that game than Ninty now!

Anyway, seeing this reminds me of that DSi feature that showed random photos on the top screen whenever you were browsing the DSi menu.

I miss that... It actually got @Dcubed, @Ugh first aid and I to go around taking pictures of stupid/humourous things just so we could send them to each other and have it show up unexpectedly and provoke a few giggles.

Now and again, we'd forget about a picture for like 3 weeks to 2 months, only to have it show up unexpectedly and cause a sudden laughing fit.

All add-on DLCs for BATTLEFIELD 4 are now free on PSN store until this 19th September. Grab them if you can!

By the sounds of things, some people's notifications look very different to others... might be why there are complaints.

Mine are just dark grey/black text on a white/very light background but @Zell is saying that he has white text on a grey background, almost unreadable, despite never making any changes to his system theme? What do everyone else's look like?

Edit: scratch that Zell's just bad at describing things.

Edited by Shorty

I'm using an all year round Christmas theme, and i think it gives me navy notifications with white text?