Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Star Wars Episode 7: The Force Awakens

Hero-of-Time

It never really occurred to me until I saw this trailer but Star Wars has never been directed to look like anything but a fucking PowerPoint presentation. This already looks promising with just that in mind. That shot of the Millennium Falcon is brilliant.

Got no problem with the voice over. It's a space opera, go home if you don't think it's spot on.

But I do think that lightsaber is kind of dumb. But hey, it might be a light-boardsword, which might be cool.

Star Wars was dead to me until this teaser, now I am interested. (And thank goodness it was a teaser and not a whole wack of the film like that Avengers 'teaser'.)

I liked Clone Wars...

The only problem with the light broad sword is that it wouldn't work. The cross beams are supposed to stop opponents swords sliding down the blade. A light sabre would just slice through the metal of the cross beams.

I love the aesthetic, a million miles from the craptastic OTT/uber-colourful/CGI-fest George Lucas "inspired" prequels. Back to basics, more basic look that fits in perfectly with the original trilogy. Great teaser, it's not supposed to flow, it's supposed to make you want more. The Avengers "teaser" gave away the whole film, even though you can practically write a Marvel superhero storyline in your sleep these days.

It'd be funny if that new lightsaber wasn't real and just put in to wind up the internet :P (unlikely I know, but it's fun seeing the outrage. I actually quite like it!)

Also, if a mod is reading this, can you correct the title please? It makes no sense!

That trailer looks just like Nu Trek. Not that I don't like Abrams' work, but it doesn't feel like Star Wars at all - not even the classic theme and the trappings do it for me.

The cinematography, the fades & cuts, the lighting/colourgrading/colour palette, the special effects, they all scream Abrams - not Star Wars. It's really really obvious if you look past the surface level. I'm even tempted to say that it looks like a total conversion mod of Nu Trek :laughing:

I'll go into this as a fan of Abrams' stuff rather than looking for them to recapture the old feel of Star Wars, because otherwise I reckon I'd be heavily disappointed.

Edited by Dcubed

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!