Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Rayman Legends

madeinbeats

• Replies 569
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quite an interesting trailer, although I'm not sure where this whole physical figurine thing will go. Could become annoying very quickly.

It may fade once people realise that it's actually the much-hated on-disc paid DLC, but with a fancy unlock key, it may start to lose popularity. Depends on if the figures themselves outweigh the hatred of the on-disc DLC.

It may fade once people realise that it's actually the much-hated on-disc paid DLC, but with a fancy unlock key, it may start to lose popularity. Depends on if the figures themselves outweigh the hatred of the on-disc DLC.

The more devs that try to ape Skylanders, the faster the fad will die. Skylanders had a brilliantly innovative gimmick to hook people in, but there's only so much room for plastic toy driven games.

That being said, there's much more that could be done with NFC than just DLC scams. NFC credit card/phone compatibility has been mentioned before, but what about lego construction? What if that Lego City Stories (or any other Lego game) allowed you to physically build objects in real life and have that object transplanted into the game when the NFC enabled construction was placed on top of the screen?

It would be infinitely easier to use and far more approachable than any level editor ever made before!

• 1 month later...

Wii U Gameplay

- Exclusive 5-player multiplayer on Wii

(so is that 4 Wiimotes, 1 Game Pad? Meaning Wii U could be the first console to have 5-player local-multiplayer as standard?)

The level at the end looked amazing, with the Wii U Game Pad gameplay playing like a rhythm based platform game.

---

Cheers @Cube! for pointing me to the right Rayman thread.

Edited by Retro_Link

Really enjoying this new, painty, look of it.

It looks exactly as good as Rayman Origins? Can't see any difference in art style.

I'm slightly worried about the single player experience on this. Hopefully the single player will be just as good as in Origins but just with an extra feature to the multiplayer.

Apart from that, this looks incredible and could be a reason for me to get the Wii U.

It looks exactly as good as Rayman Origins? Can't see any difference in art style.

I'm slightly worried about the single player experience on this. Hopefully the single player will be just as good as in Origins but just with an extra feature to the multiplayer.

Apart from that, this looks incredible and could be a reason for me to get the Wii U.

Origins

rayman-origins-screenshot-6.jpg

Legends

Rayman-Legends.jpg

A very clear difference if you ask me.

If anything they toned down on the hard colours a bit in favour of blending.

Much more interested now that this is an exclusive (why the hell was this exclusivity announced AFTER the damn conference!?)

Now it can actually integrate the tablet gameplay into the core of the game and level design (which it seems to be doing!)