Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Amy Winehouse Found Dead

Dante

I only discovered Amy's music a year or so ago, but it was genuinely the most engaging and emotional music I've heard from a British artist in such a long time. It literally sends shivers down my spine when I hear her unmistakable, beautiful voice tinged with tragedy and sorrow.

She was completely and utterly unique in life and in music, for better or for worse, she will never be forgotton and will forever remain amongst the most beautifully gifted people to have walked the earth.

R.I.P Amy.

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

(I'm recalling Stalin's quote in relation to the idiotic comparison with Norway. Something like "One death is a tragedy, hundreds is just a statistic." Cold, but true.

The deaths of millions every day is a statistic, using that quote for this scenario is way off the mark. Sort it out.

She was given a diagnosis of Emphysema not all that long ago, which is, in most cases, a terminal illness. So I'm not surprised. It is really sad as she was obviously troubled, like most addicts (not just drug addicts).

I dunno why people are bitching about all the people that died in Norway... If Amy had not died, some other trashy news story that would've replaced it. That's the news in its nature... something that happened yesterday is always old news. The media is heartless. Get over it.

Some people live for news like this. So they can indulge in being holier than thou. I find it quite revolting. As soon as someone takes drugs some people automatically refer to them as some shit sub-human, regardless of what kind of person they actually are. Then that same holier than thou person will go out and get smashed on alcohol, the 'that one's okay!' drug. Dumbshits.

Anyway... this news is very sad. It was only about a year ago, when i really paid attention, that i realised how good her music actually is.

I hope she had a lot of good times on those drugs, cos she's sure paid the price now. RIP Amy. :sad:

Edited by Pancake

Really quite shocking the amount of hate she is receiving even in death. It mystifies me given many have died and will die of similar causes.

Michel Jackson. Heath Ledger. Marylin Monroe. Billie Holiday. Among others.

Yet for them the drugs are somehow over-looked. I don't get it.

I feel sorry for her parents and her family who have to live with what she became and what she did to herself.

I'm not sorry for her, she was a filthy drug addict. I can't have any sympathy for someone who kills themselves in that way. She knew the risks and I'm sure she was offered a LOT more help than the average junkie, she also had a lot less problems than the average junkie, but nonetheless she went down that path. She got what she set herself up for.

I'm not going to say that she got what she deserved but it was obvious this was coming, it's just such a horrific way to go. She got mixed up in the wrong crowd and got hooked on drugs and booze. I will say that she's released a few good songs but I'm not an overall fan. It's obviously horrible that someone has died but I won't call her a filthy drug addict because everyone would have their reasons to do something like that whether it be peer pressure, to escape from depression or just because they think it's cool (although I must admit I'd probably think less if it was the latter).

R.I.P Amy Winehouse, you will be missed.

I had no idea there were so many utterly heartless people on here. Anyone saying it was deserved, she did it to herself and all that is literally pathetic. It seems pointless saying much though, considering Daft put it down in words perfectly. None of you judging her have a clue why she turned to drugs, of the help she may or may not have recieved, or the reasons leading to her constant substance abuse.

Genuinely think I just lost a little bit of faith in people after reading some of the things in this thread.

Edited by Slaggis

I had no idea there were so many utterly heartless people on here. Anyone saying it was deserved, she did it to herself and all that is literally pathetic. It seems pointless saying much though, considering Daft put it down in words perfectly. None of you judging her have a clue why she turned to drugs, of the help she may or may not have recieved, or the reasons leading to her constant substance abuse.

Genuinely think I just lost a little bit of faith in people after reading some of the things in this thread.

Had a shitty life excuse just doesn't cut it, many people have had far a shitter life with no discernible talent like hers and haven't turned to drugs. I feel sorry for her family, watching someone do that to themselves and refuse all your help is awful, trust me.

Well there's your problem right there. People are terrible, I certainly don't bet on humanity. Lord of the Flies had it right.

Had a shitty life excuse just doesn't cut it, many people have had far a shitter life with no discernible talent like hers and haven't turned to drugs. I feel sorry for her family, watching someone do that to themselves and refuse all your help is awful, trust me.

No.

The quality of life is relative isn't it? If it seems shit to someone, it's shit. If others are worse off and fight through it, it doesn't mean everyone has that same drive, or even desire, to come back from it.

You know only what you feel yourself, the emotions of others may as well be a bit of writing on a wall. As made clear, you need to know the personal and situational circumstances, and even after then, nobody can ever really be in a position to judge you. Stark remarks moreso.

That's not to say the dead-pools and death-related jokes should stop, I wouldn't give a toss if I knew they were done over my dead body. Matter of fact judgements have little place though in all honesty. Not that I don't make them on a day-to-day basis, but neither do I butt in and spell them out scornfully when I don't even know the person.

Edited by dwarf

I feel sorry for her parents and her family who have to live with what she became and what she did to herself.

I'm not sorry for her, she was a filthy drug addict. I can't have any sympathy for someone who kills themselves in that way. She knew the risks and I'm sure she was offered a LOT more help than the average junkie, she also had a lot less problems than the average junkie, but nonetheless she went down that path. She got what she set herself up for.

Hi! You're a fucking ignoramus!

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!