Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

bad stuff thread.

tapedeck

That was insane. She had several near misses before that moment...heed the warnings, bitch. It was amazing how the guy was predicting what she was going to do next, and it happened. Amazing how stupid people can be.

That poor guy getting hit...fuck. Did he recover?

Stupid cow will probably insist that she was intimidated by the people following her, which caused her distraction/to drive faster. Although it would mean changing her story away from "Iunno". What boils my piss is that it would probably work if she'd have gone with it from the start.

Fair play to the guys for both helping the injured guy and not letting her get away. They handled the whole thing perfectly IMO.

The batteries in our weighing scales have been flat for quite a long time. I assumed I stilled weighed around 13st3 (what I weighed last time I checked months ago). Today I went to the gym and used their scales. I'm still wondering whether they were wrong, or maybe I used them wrong (they were the ones with the slider where you have to balance them).

/sigh

14 stone 1

I was watching it for quite a while going ''yeah ok, she's being a tit, but I've seen worse''

until the bint hit someone. Sigh.

I'm now unemployed. I'll get a call back to Jagex at some point I imagine as my manager wants me to come back, but there's no space for me because of the students. I even got a bonus, which temps don't usually get.

But yeah - gutted.

MY CARS BROKE!

I have a 10 reg Astra n all! :shakehead

Turned the air con on and the inside of my car started filling up with water!!! If anyone was in the passenger seat they would have been swimming! Took it straight to the garage, no idea how long its going to be there for.

Was meant to be driving tonight for meal/cinema as its my gf's birthday - looks she is going to have to drive now. She is also going to have to take me to work and pick me up (i work 18 miles away from where i live) and then pay for a courtasy car from wednesday (again depending on how long its in the garage for).

Suppose the one good thing is it should be covered under warranty...

I was watching it for quite a while going ''yeah ok, she's being a tit, but I've seen worse''

until the bint hit someone. Sigh.

I'm now unemployed. I'll get a call back to Jagex at some point I imagine as my manager wants me to come back, but there's no space for me because of the students. I even got a bonus, which temps don't usually get.

But yeah - gutted.

Sorry to hear, Wolfy.

The sort of contract work that goes on in that industry kind of terrifies me.

Reasons to love China #389:

Mrs Iun, a highly commended and twice winner of Shanghai Teacher of the Year award was offered a job by an International School. More pay. More holidays. Chance to improve English and other skills for when we eventually move to the UK. No brainer, right?

Wrong.

Her "old school" the one she wants to leave, offered her the poition of "Senior Teacher" for the three government-owned schools in the group. No pay rise (government teachers only get payrises after they pass exams, which she has done all of) but a big increase in responsibilities, work hours etc.

She turned it down, they were asking why - like they need to ask. They started exerting pressure on her so she spoke to her "best friend" about the new job she wanted to accept at the international school. The "best friend" is deputy principal of one of the schools in the group Mrs Iun currently works in. She gave her advice on how to handle it...

...then the next morning, this "best friend" calls the other school's principal and tells her that Madam wants to leave. Then a volcano erupted.

Now, this old school in their fury, is refusing to give Mrs Iun the release letter she needs to work for the new school. If she tries to work for them without having the letter, the government can imprison her.

But what's better than that?

The old school has simply dropped her, refuses to pay her what she's already worked and now they are refusing to give her the release letter until six months have passed.

Net result: Mrs Iun could be legally prevented from working for six months, she'll be blacklisted by the government schools oh, and her son will be prevented from going to his first and second choice schools, possibly any government school.

Dark Ages, China... have you met?

Time to accelerate plans?

If we could absolutely screw the government over on property tax when we sell the house, then yes. If not, no.

If you sell the house within five years of purchase, the government help themselves to 5% tax, if after that period, they get 2-3%.

As it stands, we'd lose £10,000 to the Chinese Comedy Party. After having given them £5000 last year just for the privilege of buying the place.

In the event that she can't get any kind of job, the first thing to go will be the car. Then the house. Meanwhile, the government keeps raising the reserve ration, which increases the mortgage by around £30 a month.

All because rich people are buying all the houses and no-one else can afford one. My mortgage goes up, the property price goes down... people who own houses have to sell and can't afford to get back on the ladder.

It's actually quite a dangerous path they're treading: disenfranchise the middle classes and you risk revolution.

By the way, what happened with the hamster?

I have a really fragile/borked router setup at home, and my sister managed to break it. So I can't access the net from my room, and am perched in the kitchen. Which is gross. Because I am apparently a maid, and must be presented with new, infuriating challenges every morning. I mean, there is a plate with crumbs on it, covered with a lid. Because obviously someone should reheat those crumbs and eat them, before putting the plate in the dishwasher. MAKES SENSE.

I'm just frustrated because I can't Skype freely with my sweetheart :(