Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

good stuff thread.

nightwolf

Can we see the video?

I'm going to tweak the edit and upload it onto YouTube sometime in the next few weeks. Just a quick disclaimer, it's not that amazing. I just think people at university were extra impressed because it was so 'out there' from what they expected.

There's a football tournament at school tomorrow. I'm part of the staff team (it's 6 a-side, with one sub) and we're playing against some of the junior school teams, the senior team and a team made up of parents. Looking forward to it, although there's only about 3 of us out of that staff team who will probably do ok tomorrow. Definitely think some of the older kids will try and take us out of the game with some rough tackles too, heh.

My Senn HD 438's arrived and sound fucking wonderful. I recommend.

Go figure the iPod actually drives them better than my laptop does, or seems to, never used the ear buds much on the iPod and those were louder on the laptop (which makes sense what with teh speaker being in the ear).

In other news work is....going. Sunoil is a bit of a clusterfuck compared to the BP refinery. Finished this semester of school, and to add to the earlier and dropped conversation, I only go to school 22 nights spread from January to May. Once per week, with one week a month having two nights. Basically 5 days a month and May ends early. I don't start again until....August or September I think.

I'm actually convinced, for the first time, that Windows Media Player is better than iTunes. The music played through WMP has a bit of oomph that's lacking through iTunes. Which is sort of a shame, as I haaaaate WMP's playlist system.

My Senn HD 438's arrived and sound fucking wonderful. I recommend.

I used to go through phases of headphones before going back to earphones. When I got my Sennhesier 380s, that stopped. I only use earphones for cycling now. Can't recommend a decent pair of headphones enough. They make a world of difference.

I'm actually convinced, for the first time, that Windows Media Player is better than iTunes. The music played through WMP has a bit of oomph that's lacking through iTunes. Which is sort of a shame, as I haaaaate WMP's playlist system.

I like winamp.

And fucking iTunes! It fucked up my file extensions or something when it imported my library so nothing in my winamp library works but if I go to the folder (which didn't move...) it plays fine.

The thing is, iTunes lacks file support, there are a few various things I have to redo to make them work. I'll think I'll just re download The Slip, and it sounded so good in FLAC. Not going to pay $10 for an app to play FLAC either...

today was both a good day+ a bad day

got my second semester @ my masters deferred cause of a lil mental breakdown i had :P means im repeating it next year!

which is good cause they're changing the course next year to something i can do :D

bad cause it means i have to look for an actual job tomorrow to let me survive till january...lol

Haha, I sorta feel the same way!

Not because I'm finished with uni (I'm not, darnit), but because today was my very last day at placement!

Whooooooooooooooo!

:bouncy::bouncy::bouncy::bouncy::bouncy::bouncy:

By some miracle I managed to get my assignments in on time. Took the second all nighter of the week mind - am shattered.

Still, feels like a massive weight has been lifted off me - plus it's bloody gorgeous out side and that always cheers me up.

Come Tuesday evening I'll be a free man again!

Project and thesis submitted, there's still other stuff to prepare for but that's a week away. Spent all day chillin' and translating some lyrics. I've realised that it's one of my favourite things to do ever, and something that makes me happy.

It's lovely to find pleasure in the simple things. :)

Took Jidderbug to work today. Had to go outside twice to show people around it. Once for the operations manager and once for the owner of the company.

If there's one thing I like more than staring at my car, it's being payed to do it.

Today, we had the football tournament. I popped to the sports shop beforehand to get myself some football socks and shin-pads. We played 3 games, only 15 mins length for each one. One team comprised of 13 year olds, the next made up of 15/16 year olds and finally the parent's team.

We lost all of the games, although they were close games, except for maybe the one against the parents. We only scored 3 goals, but I set up two of them: one was a diagonal cross from the right hand side that our player controlled and then finished into the corner. Looked quality. The other was a defensive tackle by myself to break up an attack from the parents teach (it was actually a shot on goal, which I blocked, before they came at us again, with me getting stuck in). I got the ball, and released a through ball down the pitch to our striker who finished it.

I ended up playing in defence for most of it, mainly because we were getting so caught at the back. I'll only play in attack if I know the people behind me are decent. If not, you need to play in defence, because somebody needs to. We were winning the last game 1-0 in the first half, against the 16 year olds. In the second half, I went off in order for our rolling sub to come on, and we ended up conceding two quick goals, pretty much because nobody was defending. Thought FFS.

We were badly lacking a keeper. We've been struggling all week to find someone to go in goal, so we had to keep alternating. In the last game, I won a lot of headers in the box or coming into our half. Definitely feel comfortable in that centreback position, or on wing.

Want to join a team now!

Oh my.

I have been left in tears of laughter and joy after throwing a wine gum at my sister. It landed in her scarf and seemed to have been trapped in a black vortex as we couldn't find it for at least 10 minutes :laughing: I did it twice more, just for emphasis :p

Very good day overall. I shall be going out/possibly somewhat drunk tonight. No drunk post like last time though :heh: