Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

What Have You Bought?

Ashley

1 minute ago, Fierce_LiNk said:

I've never ever heard of that. Sounds quite interesting actually! Strange as hell to see a film of that age using that style of filming. Will try and check it out.

It’s on YouTube split into multiple videos if you want to watch it. I don’t think it was ever released for purchase.

1 hour ago, Happenstance said:

Youve probably never seen it (not many have as it was just a TV movie) but have you heard of Alien Abduction: The McPherson Tape (or “Alien Abduction: Incident in Lake County” depending on the country)? It’s based on the same alien story Spielberg based the kids abduction in Close Encounters on and Signs is based on. It’s surprisingly creepy given its low budget. It was one of the first “found footage” movies and there were rumours for years that it was real. One that @Goafer and I always enjoy.

Never heard of it, but looks like fun.

It's one of those films that doesn't seem like it should be good, but the same tricks that keep the budget down also do a hell of a good job of building tension and fear. For example, you don't really get to see the aliens all that much, but the camera goes a bit garbled when they're near. The tension comes from the fact that you know there's an alien nearby, but the characters don't and you're just waiting for something to happen. It's very effective.

Definitely one of those films that does a hell of a lot with very little. Think The Blair Witch (except better), but with aliens and you're pretty much there.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, bob said:

Just bought a new kitchen bin. For £120.

What am i doing with my life?

At that price I hope it is a somewhat exotic material or has a unique hand-crafted shape. Maybe it's a smart bin? 

Otherwise, I think you've been had :grin:

Pics please!

12 minutes ago, Nicktendo said:

At that price I hope it is a somewhat exotic material or has a unique hand-crafted shape. Maybe it's a smart bin? 

Otherwise, I think you've been had :grin:

Pics please!

ecocasa_ii_36_24_2.jpg

It is the Bentley of the bin world to be fair.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, will' said:

My sister just got one of those. For a bin connoisseur I’m sure it’s great, you’d be the envy of all your friends! We just have a plastic bag on a hook - not cool at all.

Nah, just call it "retro chic" 😂 

On 06/08/2020 at 5:53 PM, nightwolf said:

A few nights in Edinburgh: 

Deluxe-One-Bedroom-Apartments-Living-Are

As we had to push our wedding back for the third time (fingers crossed).

Sorry about the wedding but the apartment looks nice! When are you going?

I bought an expensive(ish) bottle of wine because work killed me. 

19 hours ago, Ashley said:

Sorry about the wedding but the apartment looks nice! When are you going?

I bought an expensive(ish) bottle of wine because work killed me. 

That's all good, we've rebooked it for the 03/04/21. We want the original date so 04/04/20 to the 21. But whatever :)

We're going over Halloween! We both prefer the cold and we last went during June, so it'll be nice to cozy up a bit and chill! 

• Like 1