N-Europe

Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing

Ashley

It still doesn't make up for the lack of Toejam & Earl in the game!

*Shakes angry fist at Sega for being cheap gits!*

What did you think would happen? That Sega would listen to the plight of gamers worldwide? Sega have what I call "denial plugs", which they place into their ears when somebody comes up with a good idea.

"Stop making 3D Sonic Games!"

"I can't hear you...it's lovely up here in denial!"

It's the same denial plugs Nintendo have when the screams of Pokemans three-deee are echoed around the webs.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sorry but he just odesn;t fit at all. Maybe it was a rushed trailer, but it just didn't seem to right to me. However much I like the *idea* of it....also, they've got tricks off jumps in the game :D This really is Mario Kart Wii with different characters and courses.... which is no bad thing....

What did you think would happen? That Sega would listen to the plight of gamers worldwide? Sega have what I call "denial plugs", which they place into their ears when somebody comes up with a good idea.

"Stop making 3D Sonic Games!"

"I can't hear you...it's lovely up here in denial!"

It's the same denial plugs Nintendo have when the screams of Pokemans three-deee are echoed around the webs.

It's better that SEGA don't listen to the fans. Last time they did they gave us Shadow the Hedgehog, because "fans" wanted guns in a Sonic game.

Hmm. With Tennis they through in Ulula and the Jet Set kids to try and please Sega fans and it turned out crap and now Ryo is in this...

Lies... Sega Superstar Tennis is an enjoyable title with some really nicely designed and horribly addictive minigames to boot, but with that said it is only worth the £5 that it can now be picked up for. :)

• 4 weeks later...
Lies... Sega Superstar Tennis is an enjoyable title with some really nicely designed and horribly addictive minigames to boot, but with that said it is only worth the £5 that it can now be picked up for. :)

I agree. :hehe:

I think the Puyo Puyo mini game is my favourite along with Virtual Cop. I adore Chu Chu Rocket but the mini game in Sega Tennis is just too fiddly for my liking.

YES!!!

-On Friday, FreshFromFunk-O-Tron1992 from the Official SEGA Forums spoke to Mr. Greg Johnson regarding ToeJam & Earl's fate in the game. It turns out he is very close to making them downloadable and/or a preorder bonus, but only for the Xbox 360 and PS3 versions.

Its a shame the Wii owners look to be getting screwed out of this but man im so happy that it looks like these guys are gonna be in the game!

• 1 month later...

Xbox60:

Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing With Banjo-Kazooie

blurb_SR_360_Pack_front_lrg_20091216.jpg

YES!!!

Its a shame the Wii owners look to be getting screwed out of this but man im so happy that it looks like these guys are gonna be in the game!

"Greg Johnson has been in the game industry for a long time. Having designed 16-bit Sega icons ToeJam & Earl way back in the early 90s and now running Humanature Studios, he's seen his creation rise to fame and subsequently slip into gaming history as the years ticked by. But last summer, when Sega created a poll tasking fans with selecting the next Genesis title to get the XBLA treatment, ToeJam & Earl popped back up on our industry's collective radar by taking the gold.

But it's not so simple! Johnson says Sega may have "got ahead of themselves a little bit" with that announcement "and didn't realize that they don't have the rights to the property." Apparently, Johnson assures us, "it's an easy mistake to make." This same shortcoming is also the reason why the characters will not be appearing in the upcoming Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing, though showing up as DLC is still a possibility. "TJ&E will not be included ... and the option for including them as downloadable content is still open," Johnson said. "Sega said they're not ready to talk about that yet because they haven't started making any definite plans, but they promised to give me a shout when they get there – so hopefully we'll be able to work something out."

More interesting yet, it seems that Mr. Johnson shopped around the idea for a Nintendo DS multiplayer ToeJam & Earl game – though his pitch unfortunately met with deaf ears at "pretty much all of [the game publishers]""

Edited by Dante
Automerged Doublepost

• 2 weeks later...
Will the N-E Mario Kart regulars be picking this up?
Hmm... :heh: Not sure really.

So many games have tried to "do a Mario Kart" in the past and none of those that I've played have managed it in my opinion, Diddy Kong Racing being the closest.

So yeah, it's not on my must have list right now. I'm keeping an eye on it though.

Is Ulala in the game?

That would certainly give it a few extra points in my book. :grin:

Is Ulala in the game?

That would certainly give it a few extra points in my book. :grin:

ESRB seems to indicate that she's in:

Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing

Platform: Windows PC, PlayStation 3, Wii

Rating: Everyone

Content descriptors: Cartoon Violence, Comic Mischief, Mild Suggestive Themes

Rating summary:

This is a racing game in which players use Sonic the Hedgehog and other SEGA characters to race on tracks taken from the SEGA universe. Players drive, drift, and “slipstream” their way through whimsical tracks while avoiding moving obstacles and other drivers. Players can receive “power-ups” during the race, allowing them to attack other racers in numerous ways—running at supersonic speed to knock them over, jabbing them with a hammer, crushing them with a giant egg, etc. Opponent vehicles usually spin out of control, pop up in the air, or fall off the racetrack when hit, though a vehicle does explode in a fiery burst during an introductory cutscene. One of the female racers wears a short skirt with a laser gun that clings to her thigh; she taunts opponents by gyrating her hips and blowing a kiss.

I'm getting it, but the PC version and only because HMV are selling it cheap.