Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Have you ever fainted? or come close to fainting? or seen someone else faint?

Coolness Bears

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, but I have been knocked out many times

With glass table (my brother threw me at it)

falling on a ice (when I woke um two guys where holding me like in the army movies)

with a hammer (stupid kid a cross the street)

3 meter long wood (the kids grandpa)

rock (threw it at a ball and it came back in my face and it knocked the shit out of me )

basked ball (the guy next door at the gym)

Can you top this ??

Edit: silly me I once fainted in a mall in Portugal somehow I can´t remember why

I've fainted once because I stood up too quickly, and I already had the flu.

I was knocked unconcious aswell too.

EDIT: I guess the best way to describe fainting is sort of like headrush, but it becomes so extreme things go black and you're just gone for a moment. Anyone agree?

I have that headrush plenty of times (mostly when I'm doing some sort of exercise like push-ups and I get up too quickly).

I have never fainted, though. If it's like that headrush, I guess it's pretty unpleasant.

I have, however, seen a girl faint. It was our first university test. She was pretty nervous troughout the whole test, but nobody thought it was weird.

The moment the teacher says "test over", she faints and falls off her chair, crashing her head on the ground (and breaking her teeth). Soon afterwards, she had an epileptic attack, while bleeding from her mouth. Horrible sight.

I've blacked out, greened out, whited out...

Cycled to football practice mega fast - usually takes 20 mins and I was running seriously late, made it in a little under 10. Ran three fast laps of the training circuit, kicked some balls about, then when we came together for the 'huddle', i started losing my vision and had to sit down.. and fainted. Dehydration teh cause. white-out.

Anotehr time at the eye hospital I was having this green stuff injected into me so that they could see the veins on my retina better, I passed out after the injecting was done and I was waiting in the hall. Apparently my leg was twitching like crazy. Black out.

And many, many times when I smoked weed in a mates room. greened out.

I fainted while watching an AIDS video. I was ill and the room was stuffy as hell but the last thing I remember was hearing the guy talking about it eating away at his intenstines and then the next thing I know everyone was shiloutted and blurry and someone was telling me to just put my head back down on the desk and I was like "alright then" and did.

I almost fainted through dehydration. I had been dancing non stop for three hours. I was standing up and suddenly out of nowhere my vision kind of blacked out. I got really freaked because I didn't know why...didn't help I was high on mushrooms in the middle of the red light district in Amsterdam at the time...

no, yes, no

i have vertigo (quote u2 and i may have to kill u).. and i get dizzy when im stressed/warm so i come close to fainting an awful lot

its scary and i dont like it :(

Another thing we have in common.

I hate it, at my height I'm wobbly enough as it is, I can't stand on a chair wothout leaning against something to keep me steady.

I've fainted a ton of times.

First time was when i was ill and i was on my knees vomiting into the toilet. I was getting alot of hot flashes and my head was spinning so when i finnished and stood up i fell backwards, heard a loud bang and then everything went black. I didn't feel my head hitting the floor, it felt like i was dreaming or somthing. When i woke up my parents were staring at me with a confused look on their faces.

Second time was when i was getting blood taken because my doctor thought i might have a low white cell count. So I was sitting down and he stuck the needle in and everything was fine untill i hear this weird gargling sound which really made me feel wierd. The room started to spin and then i hit the floor. I was still fully concious but i didn't know where the heck i was, when i got my head he had my legs in the air and pressing on the soles of my feet.

Third time i was again getting blood taken. This time it was because they were checking for a hyperactive thyroid. There was also a student nurse in the room who was overly happy. I sat on the bed and he then started to take the blood, then that gargling sound started and i got really dizzy and lightheaded. This time i got through the entire extraction without fainting but when the student nurse said to me "now the hard parts over" i droped off the bed and smacked my face on the floor.

Forth time was when i got up too fast. I was sitting on the end of my bed and then decided to take a wonder into the living room. When i got up my heart was racing but i thought nothing of it, when i got into the living room i started to get tunnel vision, then i droped and smashed my head on the fire hearth.

Fith time was the most recent, i was walking through the Loreburn shopping center in Dumfries and started to have a panic attack. I started having hot flashes and my chest felt like it was on fire. I passing security guard wonderd what was wrong and i said my chest hurt and i couldn't breath. He then immediatly thought i was having a heart attack and called an ambulance. Once they arrived i was freaking out and every passer by was crouding round me making me feel ever more anxious. The medics were trying to calm me down but before they could i hit the floor and then i start hearing a dull screaming noise. A moment later i woke up in hospital where i spent the rest of the night.

I don't think I ever fainted completly, but I've come really close a lot of times. Since I have very low blood pressure and my stomach problems lead to vomiting and dirarhsdahrfasrfrrhea (sp?) a lot of times I just didn't faint because I struggled not to.

Another thing we have in common.

I hate it, at my height I'm wobbly enough as it is, I can't stand on a chair wothout leaning against something to keep me steady.

i climb up ladders at work to reach shoes :(.. its most unsettling when the shelf i have to reach is on the top :(

i had a headrushy type thing ontop of them one day thought i was gonna freakin fall off

Not sure if this really counts but, in secondary school a kid was laying on the field for what would seem to be the entire duration of lunch time. Eventually a teacher went over to check on him. Turns out that someone threw a chip in his eye and the salt on the chip caused him to collapse on the floor in silent pain. Everyone was a bit over dramatic about it say OMG!!!!!!! he's been lying on the floor that long for a stupid chip.

Haha Ten10, that sounds pretty humorous. As for fainting and me, I have on a number of occasions, but now I realise I've never witnessed anyone else faint! I think I've got a blood injection injury phobia thing, first time it happened I was 10 or so we was eating dinner and there was something on tv about someone who'd died on the operating table like 12 times and survived and there was pictures and stuff and I was feeling funny so I got up to change the TV(no remote, but the tv had everything you needed on it) by time i reached the TV i understand I just sort of slumped into it and slid down the screen. Since then it's happened a few times, once in year 6, I feel off my chair into a wall lol, brilliant thing is I didn't feel a thing! Since then, mostly at injections(managed to avoid the BCG and heath test thankfully) but it happened when we had meningitis done at school, and one kid was well gullible and they told him I'd had a heart attack. Threw up in the sink at the doctors once too when having a few injections(and my polio came up with it unfortunately, so I had to have it again :(), then at one of my follow ups I remember it happened as well. It's quite weird, like...I see and know it's coming, try to avoid it or hope it won't, and then you come round and it has, but you can't understand when. The nurse was trying to get me to talk, and I think I just started spazzing out a bit halfway through a scentence, then fell back in my chair. Also happened when my dad asked me to help cutting up some lamb or something, I ran next door and lay on the floor, felt a bit like I'd started dreaming when I came back round, like could hear people I knew in my head. It's happened a coupla times in secondary school without people noticing(around a gory topic of conversation). It's quite a terrible experience for the embarrsing aspect of it in a crowd of people, and the harder you try to fight it it seems to more likely it's gonna happen. Nearly happened recently in a small lecture at uni, we were watching stuff about paranormal healers and feats and it was a bit gory(some guy with a hook in his back pulling a truck). Problem with it is that it seems a bit unpredictable for me, sometimes blood and shit makes me feel funny, sometimes I'm fine with it, so I dunno. I'll tell you one thing though, it's bloody annoying.

I came close twice, both times when I saw mass amounts of blood, once mine, the other time, it was during an operation. Both times JD popped into my head and screamed "I mean, who the hell faints anymore, no one's fainted since the 40's." Which (just) saves me.

Twice for me.

The first time was after a period of around 4 days when I had only slept for about 4 hours. I was hyped up on way over the recommended dosage of Pro Plus trying to complete a dissertation on "The role of micro-organisms in mineral development" before the fast approaching deadline. Eventually the lack of sleep and stress caught up with me and I passed out on the desk.

The second time was about 24 hours later after I had handed in the dissertation. For some reason I thought the best way to recover was go out for the night and drink large quantities of alcohol. I wrong...... very very wrong. Still, it all turned out alright in the end. I got a good mark in the dissertation and didn't die, which I class as a result.

I remember nearly fainting when I had a blood test after fasting, I think it was from a lack of blood sugar. ...that's all I can think of, though I occasionally get that thing where you feel dizzy standing up after sitting down for a long time.

^^ Except i did faint (N)

Still, it all turned out alright in the end. I got a good mark in the dissertation and didn't die, which I class as a result.

Hahah thats one way of looking at it.

Suprises me how many people are a bit weird about blood/needles etc

I've had occasions of being weird with needles.. I get my blood taken a lot, and the only place they can get it is from my hand.

A few times they've hit a vein and i can feel the blood being sucked out very hard (it depends what type of suction on the bottle they use though) s'a bit weird but doesn't phase me in the slightest really.

There was a pretty traumatic occasion in the dermatology clinic i was getting blood sample taken, and they were having a lot of bother finding veins. With three nurses around me in a very small room...It was beginning to get quite stuffy..

So the dermatologist on duty at the time came on and brutally stabbed my hand with a needle...they did get some blood, but i was sitting with this needle in my hand for about 4 minutes...

On that occasion i was very close to fainting!

No, but I have been knocked out many times

With glass table (my brother threw me at it)

falling on a ice (when I woke um two guys where holding me like in the army movies)

with a hammer (stupid kid a cross the street)

3 meter long wood (the kids grandpa)

rock (threw it at a ball and it came back in my face and it knocked the shit out of me )

basked ball (the guy next door at the gym)

Can you top this ??

Edit: silly me I once fainted in a mall in Portugal somehow I can´t remember why

This one is dumb, but funny. The chances of that happening must be pretty slim.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!